It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNBC - Young Obamacare Supporter Whining - Told Ya So

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

When I was your age, I was angry at the elders and what they had done.

When you become my age, the kids will be blaming you.

Circle of life.

edit on 7-11-2013 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   

thisguyrighthere

beezzer

I mean, name me one time where the younger people created a problem that the older folks are now facing.

Obama was elected with record youth voter turnout. But I guess electing a jackass is just continuing in the footsteps of the elders so...

Gullible stupidity is ageless.

Grandpa sends his lifes savings to a Nigerian prince and the grandkids elect "hope and change."

Good point.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Awolscout

hopenotfeariswhatweneed
reply to post by Awolscout

well the cost of living in the last 20 years or so has gone through the roof and is seemingly only going to get worse.......this is why kids stay at home for so long.....myself and most people i know of my generation were out of home before the age of 18 and back then it was quite easy to make ends meet and have a bit to spend at the end of it....these days it is becoming difficult to stay the least......it would seem obamacare is just making it harder for the common person....

I know this, first hand. I've been there and I've been through it. I'm still going through it, we work 40 hours a week each and still barely make all our bills. But that's what I'm trying to say. I'm addressing the OP who mentioned that young people who have issues with how ridiculous costs are and debt is must be whining.

My point is don't whine over the costs of something you supported. $200 is a deal for health insurance, but for our young, it is a lot. So like I said, told ya so.

I meet many people of all ages every day. And I can tell you that the majority thought this would be a free for all. Others thought it would be nearly free. 'Less than the price of a cell phone". The more realistic folks were expecting costs to,"go down an average of $2500". You know all the promises of our salesperson in chief?

So you say healthcare should be free for all? So where, may I ask should this money for free or nearly free insurance come from? Someone ultimately has to pay for it somewhere. You do realize that your state will be paying for the free medicaid individuals in a couple of years. So in this case it will be paid for by state taxes, which will eventually have to go up. So everyone who works will be paying more and having even less to spend every day. Just wait, the full affects have not even begun to be felt.
edit on 7-11-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Awolscout
It is too much. Health coverage should be completely free. It's pretty much a basic human right at this point, like internet access, a drivers license, college education etc etc etc. Just because these concepts didn't exist about 300 years ago doesn't mean they shouldn't apply. I mean personally I am so done with people acting like it's a ridiculous or asinine concept that people want what they deserve. You know like the right to living? Oh wait I forgot the right to living only extends to fetuses my bad I take back everything I said we should just charge out the ass for insurance to make sure only the upper class and the people who are actually lower class but think they're upper class because they're house poor get to enjoy things like knowing if you have cancer or not.

Also OP shouldn't you be up in arms about just how much you ARE paying? I don't know about you but that seems a little exorbitant to me.

Healthcare is not a right.

Someone has to administer that healthcare.

Do you labor for free? No you don't.
You do not have a right to a portion of someone else's life.

Man can not bestow rights on man. He can only take them away.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   
hmmm...let's see...
1...this is on CNBC, a corporate shill station, that vilifies any government social program
2...could someone verify katy's income?
3...will she be getting a tax credit for this?
4...could someone verify what plan she actually shopped for, and if there was a better plan?
5...you don't have to join a "gym" to exercise

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Awolscout
reply to post by SubTruth

Also blatant ignorance as to what "young" people actually do. Since most of the ones I know are either pretty damn successful in their own right or are on there way, hell even the less successful ones (Like me) own a house and have a family and work 40 hours a week, meanwhile we notice that older generations still can't wrap their brains around how the economy and politics work now a days. It's all shadow governments and conspiracies to "take r jerbs"

Funny you bring up age since Obama is the second youngest president in US history. He's proof that young people can be idiots.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by SJE98

My in laws cost just went up to 17,676 per year.

How is that possible, what is really going on here, what kind of scam is Ocare?

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Krazysh0t
Great another thread where old people can "tsk tsk" at the younger people for the problems that they [older people] created...

And what advice did us older folks give? "Be careful of what you ask for." I told them support what you may, but just know what you are supporting first. The young woman I wrote about seems intelligent, so why didn't she read up about the ACA before voting? You just can't rely on the words of a salesperson (salesman in chief), because you could end up with land in Alaska.

This lady now owns land in Alaska, and she has to pay to keep it up. Her own doing... In fact, the whole entire country owns land in Alaska now thanks to the youngins like herself that fell for this con.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Awolscout
It is too much. Health coverage should be completely free. It's pretty much a basic human right at this point, like internet access, a drivers license, college education etc etc etc. Just because these concepts didn't exist about 300 years ago doesn't mean they shouldn't apply. I mean personally I am so done with people acting like it's a ridiculous or asinine concept that people want what they deserve. You know like the right to living? Oh wait I forgot the right to living only extends to fetuses my bad I take back everything I said we should just charge out the ass for insurance to make sure only the upper class and the people who are actually lower class but think they're upper class because they're house poor get to enjoy things like knowing if you have cancer or not.

Also OP shouldn't you be up in arms about just how much you ARE paying? I don't know about you but that seems a little exorbitant to me.

A basic human right? So why are you not working for free?

Do you grow your own food or have any medical training in order to help anyone else out?

It is not a basic human right....nobody is ENTITLED to it. So I guess the docs that went to school for years should just give their services away. So what about the lazy people? If we take it on a case by case basis, do we just discard them or do we pay for them because they are lazy and it is the "human" thing to do?

Human nature is to take the path of least resistance. It is those who go against this that are often the most successful. Do you blame them for being successful at what they do?

Internet is NOT a basic human right....healthcare is NOT a basic human right....food is NOT a basic human right....shelter is NOT a basic human right. Because you were born does not mean you have a RIGHT to any of this. It is just this kind of thinking that leads to entitlement.

For as many rich people as there are out there...plenty of them have made their own way to that point....there is nothing holding anyone back from the next big idea that will lead them to the same place except their own fear or lack of trying.

I have known numerous people that have made it in a big way and lost in a bigger way only to come back later with lessons learned....you never succeed at anything if you don't try.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

A $2000 increase in healthcare costs for a 20-some can be just as damaging financially as a $17000 increase to a family with caregivers in their 40's or 50's. But instead of sympathizing with this girls predicament, these older people are all pissed because it isn't a $17000 increase.

17000 increase, how much do these people make?

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Krazysh0t
reply to post by beezzer

They should remember how hard it is to get by and with the rising costs of living, they should be able to extrapolate how much harder it is to get by than it was when they were that age.

The girl in the OP's healthcare costs have gone up from around $600 a year to $2000+ a year; that is a HUGE increase. Then we have older people getting all offended because here increase isn't $17,000 or something. What the hell! Young people don't make as much money as older people. A $2000 increase in healthcare costs for a 20-some can be just as damaging financially as a $17000 increase to a family with caregivers in their 40's or 50's. But instead of sympathizing with this girls predicament, these older people are all pissed because it isn't a $17000 increase. It's still freaking unaffordable for her. This thread is a perfect example of divide and conquer in action. The young and the old need to sympathize together, unite, and stand up to our lying and abusive government.
edit on 7-11-2013 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

When I was her age, I was a stay at home mom, we were paying off a new house, and we were self pay for our insurance. We had to do without to have the things that we did. So I totally understand where she is coming from. Also, we did not have gym memberships, nor fruit smoothies.

Yes, I understand that this is a lot for her. And no, this isn't a thread about divide and conquer. This is about all of us paying for her bad decisions. As hard as I tried, the youngins would not listen. They put all their trust and faith into one person and never once questioned him. He counted on this you know.

Now why should we sympathize with a woman who just learned a really big lesson with our own money? Yeah we will try to fix this, but this may not be a fixable problem. Besides, isn't she old enough to fix her own problems? She was certainly old enough to create it.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

the Obamacare is clear in purpose to anyone with double digit IQ. The old baby boomers ( fat hogs at the trough that ruined the USA) are getting older and have squandered more wealth than ever in history, and since the ME GENERATION focused on partying and ME, they are sick.

And now the YOUNG are shafted to ANOTHER DEGREE by having to pay for their health care!

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Yes gullible stupidity is ageless, like you elected Bush twice or that you can't figure out for yourself that these are lies about obamacare made up to try and limit the success of a winning president.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Health coverage should be completely free. It's pretty much a basic human right at this point, like internet access, a drivers license, college education etc etc etc.

Just a question: is this sarcasm? I am being honest, I can't tell. Do you really feel health care, internet access, and a college education are a human 'right'?

You do understand all those things cost money to create, right? A lot of money. Where should the money come from? If it is the American taxpayer, of which I am one, you are saying I OWE you free YouTube. Yes? If we assume we have rights as humans, those rights only extend to the pursuit of whatever it is we have a right to, not free delivery. Yes?

If you were being sarcastic, please excuse me. Like I said, I could not tell.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   

damwel
Yes gullible stupidity is ageless, like you elected Bush twice or that you can't figure out for yourself that these are lies about obamacare made up to try and limit the success of a winning president.

Bush was elected by virtue of gullible stupidity as well. Remember his promises of small government and an end to foreign intervention? Lots of fools bought into that. No different then change and hope. Politicians lying and morons voting is a constant.

Lies? So no coverage cancellations are occurring? Nobody is paying more? Hospitals are not refusing to accept?

If so then that's a conspiracy on the level of the government bringing down the towers. All that faked evidence, those people programmed/trained/threatened to lie, the website giving out fake numbers.

What dastardly group of villains could hatch such a plot?
edit on 7-11-2013 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Well, nobody can accuse you of having lofty ideals and expectations.

You have the God given right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, notice that healthcare is not included in those. I don't mind the ideals but when you let a Utopian dream get in the way of rational thinking it can lead to bad decisions and poorly thought out choices.

The problem with free healthcare is that it would have to be government run and completely government regulated, in such a system, every corner that could be cut, would be because despite your grand vision of how the world should work, the reality is the dollar is king and quality of life or even life itself is a secondary concern. That is the sick way the current world works. At least by privatising medicine and health care, people can choose what level of care they can afford and want.

This would not be so in a free health care system ran by government. I truly don't think you realize just how bad this could and probably would be in todays world, especially within the U.S. who is ran by banks and large corporations.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Obamas legacy......crap.

This IS what he will be remembered for. The first half African American president has utterly failed because he sold out to insurance companies by giving them a back door bailout and letting them write legislation to their benefit just for a power grab on his part....that too....

I would be REALLY pissed if I were an Obama supporter in the past. He has not only failed you, but he has endangered the well being of your country and your people.....your fellow man.

For those who still support Obama, Time to eat humble pie and start to at least work on the solution....stop supporting this traitor.

edit on 11 7 2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

You are right, but is gloating about it really a good course of action? She should have read up about what Obamacare entails, but she didn't. Now she knows what it entails and she isn't a happy camper. Yes, she is young, but young people aren't the only uninformed Democrats getting this sticker shock. Stupidity isn't age specific. Old people are just as guilty of this as well. Just as there are young people that DID read up on this bill. I'm young, I've been standing arm and arm with you for months now denouncing Obamacare, I'm sure you've seen me participate in many an Obamacare thread.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Awolscout

Drivel. Hogwash. Nonsense! Time to grow up my young idealist! EVERYTHING has a cost - EVERYTHING!

Now for your education... Driving is a privilege, NOT a right. Internet access is a privilege afforded to those who can afford to pay the subscription fee for the service, NOT a right. A college education is a privilege to those who have both met the entrance qualifications and have secured the funding, NOT a right. For a list of "rights", please refer to the first 10 Amendments to the Constitution of the United States of America, AKA the Bill of Rights. Those are your rights. Everything else is a privilege!

Ironically, in your senseless diatribe you acknowledged the right to life - the only one you got correct - and you mocked it!? If your lack of knowledge on the topic is representative of your peer group, this country is headed for a whole world of hurt!

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   

OccamsRazor04
reply to post by elouina

I work for the State (sort of) and our provider is changing. They say there shouldn't be much impact, but we will have to wait and see. Those who have to pay out of pocket are getting hit so hard though.

Just wait. Our turn will be next year when the employer mandate goes away.

Remember this and vote accordingly.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join