It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twin Towers fancy dress students condemned

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

Pshh.. so what? People in the US have been making jokes like this forever.

Hell these girls aren't "too soon," they are too late.

My friend made a rap album called "9/11 part 2 the mixtape" in like 2004.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   

skalla
reply to post by woogleuk

If they had spent more than 5 minutes on those costumes, i'd be fine with it. Being offended wont kill anyone.

However i condemn them for artistic laziness and poor execution.

edit on 6-11-2013 by skalla because: typo

edit on 6-11-2013 by skalla because: meh typoze

I second that. Looks terrible, I bet someonehas done it better.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

For a long while now I've come to understand that is us as individuals who choose to be offended. Take, for example a cartoon that offends an entire religious community, did the same cartoon offend another group with differing beliefs? I met a woman once (never met her before) who told me I was cold at heart and that I had offended her by discussing a soup recipe because her mother who had recently died loved that soup! I'm sure these two girls did not set out to offend anyone so anyone who finds themselves offended by their actions should look within for the reason and not at these two young women who really only potentially lack taste in their understanding of expression and humor. Being offended in itself in this day and age of political correctness can and does bring about loss of expressive freedom, it's a slippery slope for those of us who value freedom in artistic expression.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Too bad for all of those people who had to jump from the towers on that fateful day.

Imagine thinking about your family for the last time, how you'd never get to see them again.

Imagine the heat on your body as the flames got closer.

Imagine praying to god, as you fell floor by floor with your eyes tightly closed, that everything happening to you that morning was just a horrid nightmare and that you'd wake up soon.

Then look at these two skanks and talk to me about freedom of speech ... it isn't an excuse to say or do anything you please just because you can.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   

minkmouse
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

For a long while now I've come to understand that is us as individuals who choose to be offended. Take, for example a cartoon that offends an entire religious community, did the same cartoon offend another group with differing beliefs? I met a woman once (never met her before) who told me I was cold at heart and that I had offended her by discussing a soup recipe because her mother who had recently died loved that soup! I'm sure these two girls did not set out to offend anyone so anyone who finds themselves offended by their actions should look within for the reason and not at these two young women who really only potentially lack taste in their understanding of expression and humor. Being offended in itself in this day and age of political correctness can and does bring about loss of expressive freedom, it's a slippery slope for those of us who value freedom in artistic expression.

People don't 'choose' to be offended.

It's built into their psyche, based on their life up until that point.

In my books, people who are offended by these two girls are people with good morals.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Social media: immortalizing mistakes made by young people since 2001.

Y'all just shouldn't care.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Unrealised

Then look at these two skanks and talk to me about freedom of speech ... it isn't an excuse to say or do anything you please just because you can.

Says the person with a swastika in their avatar.

Too bad for the jews, mentally retarded, blacks and political dissidents that were murdered by the nazis, eh.

And YES people do choose to be offended, like people choose to get over it, and move on with their lives.
Some choose to let the offence build into hatred which festers inside their minds and is unleashed on those that they disagree with, or have been lead to believe are bad people.
edit on 201311America/Chicago11pm11pmThu, 07 Nov 2013 14:04:01 -06001113 by OneManArmy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Unrealised

Why?
What is inherently offensive about these two girls or their costumes? Two buildings under attack with no concept, no twist on the idea.

No more offensive than a sculpture of the twin towers exploding, or a photograph.

You are projecting intention and context onto them without any true insight. So YOU are choosing to be offended. People DO choose to be offended. You just don't realize what that entails.
edit on 7-11-2013 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Unrealised

You just emotionalized it to the point that it offends you and others if they CHOOSE to identify with your stance, you are free to do that. In my books, if you choose to be offended there are better reasons, perhaps let's say, the whole design of the act of that day which may well have been a large part of the push to put you and the rest of us into one large, continuously monitored cage.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join