It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

De Blasio wins New York mayor's race: Democrat McAuliffe narrowly wins Virginia governor's race

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Immediate fall out from De Blasio's win..Ray Pepper Spray Stop N Frisked Kelly will head up security for JP Morgan Chase,will make more than a million dollars,he came from Bear Stern to became head cop of NYC now he is going back home to Wall Street proper how sweet it is,remember occupy Wall Street??..he was their corporate cop.

Yeah we remember and we won't forget

NYPD Commissioner Ray Kelly is in the running for a top security job at JPMorgan Chase, sources at the financial giant told The Post.
The position would include overseeing the firm’s cyber-security, according to people familiar with the negotiations.
When asked for comment about Kelly’s potential career move, his personal attorney said in a statement, “The Police Commissioner has not accepted any post governmental offers. … Because of city [Conflict of Interest Board] rules, he has not even had discussions with, much less accepted any offer from anyone who does business with the city and will not do so until he leaves office.”
Kelly was widely expected to vacate the post he held for 10 years with the election of Bill de Blasio, a sharp critic of his stop-and-frisk policy.
Sources familiar with the situation said Kelly’s position could include a seven-figure salary and bonuses.
The firm’s senior security officer, Thomas Higgins, left about a month ago and has not been replaced.
Kelly has a great rapport with JPMorgan’s senior leaders, in particular Chief Executive Jamie Dimon.
Kelly sent Dimon a thank you note in 2010 professing his “profound gratitude” to JPMorgan for donating $4.6 million to the New York City Police Foundation, the private fund-raising arm of the department.

nypost.com...

This revolving door policy has got to end we need an amendment to over-throw that insidious ruling by the U.S Supreme Court that made Corporations people, this should not be a Lib only thing buuut!! because the Tea Party are wholly own by big money from Kochs and others who flood them with $$ they were a no show to something that we should have had common cause, plus they attract alot of crazy people in their ranks ..Libs were on their own in this ,and mind you Dems are almost as corrupt as the Reps..see below
Retiring congresswoman leads 2013 lobbying revolving door

Rep. Jo Ann Emerson of Missouri, who won easy re-election to her 10th term in Congress in November, is expected to officially leave office soon to take over a job as head of one of Washington’s largest and most influential trade associations.
According to public records, she is one of five outgoing members of the House of Representatives—four Republicans and one Democrat—to take lobbying jobs as the new Congress begins its work.

ac360.blogs.cnn.com...
edit on 7-11-2013 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Spider879

Thank you Spider for the pic, ditto, blessings to you too.

Pretty sickening, politician's fake family photos BUT a few of them are true. I read McAuliffe left his wife
during child birth to campaign and fundraise, more than once!

Sharing some facts on the the closeness of the race and why:

+ + +

The race wasn’t decided until the final 10% of the vote came in from the northern Virginia suburbs. Ken lost by just 2.5%.

First, consider:

McAuliffe raised roughly $34.4 million vs. Cuccinelli’s estimated $20 million

The national GOP spent approximately $3 million on this race vs. $9 million spent in 2009

McAuliffe outspent Ken 10-1 throughout the campaign, including ads containing outright lies claiming Cuccinelli would take away women’s contraception

A third-party libertarian challenger funded by a large Obama donor garnered over 6% of the vote; had a portion of these voters gone with Cuccinelli, he could have won

Cuccinelli won males (48-45), whites (56-36), seniors (51-45), and independents (47-38) while McAuliffe won females (51-42), voters aged 30-44 (56-37), and blacks and hispanics; exit polling on the Catholic vote is not yet available

So what happened?

Ken was outspent 10-1, received pathetic national GOP support, endured a government shutdown and had a third-party candidate syphoning off votes. Despite all this, he almost pulled off a victory.

Virginia voters, many of them employees or contractors of the federal government, spent the month of October listening to the media blame Republicans. This allowed McAuliffe to jump to a 12-point lead. But when the shutdown ended and the focus shifted to the Obamacare rollout debacle, the polls changed rapidly. In fact, we believe had this race gone on for ONE more week, Ken could have won.

Some takeaways:

The pundits who say pro-life candidates cannot win in swing states like Virginia are wrong. In fact, pro-life Mark Obenshain appears to have won the race for Attorney General in Virginia (though a recount is considered likely). We agree with Maggie Gallagher and others that the social issues are winning issues. We can never play defense on life -- and we lose when we do.

Virginia is still very much a swing state. McAuliffe received less than 50% of the vote. (More people voted against him than for him.) Republicans have the very real possibility of winning control of both houses in the Virginia Legislature, but you won’t hear that from the talking heads on TV. Terry McAuliffe and Hillary Clinton had hopes of painting Virginia blue, but that didn’t happen. The state remains in play in 2016. But there’s no doubt that McAuliffe will do everything in his power to make it tougher for pro-lifers to win in the Commonwealth.

Obamacare is a disaster and will be huge issue in 2014. When Cuccinelli attacked Obamacare, McAuliffe doubled down on his enthusiastic support for it. Democratic candidates will spend all of 2014 trying to run away from their votes in support of pro-abortion and pro-rationing Obamacare. We will hold them accountable to the voters. NBC’s Chuck Todd reported this morning that privately Democrats are in a "mini-panic" over the impact of Obamacare at the ballot box. ....

www.catholicvote.org...

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Hi Colbe while I have a different POV from you about things lemme just say this,Cuccinelli is a nut and no this is not limited to his stance on reproductive rights which I fully understand coming from a Catholic back myself, I for one do not think life began at conception and I don't think every sperm is sacred every sperm is great if ever a drop is wasted god gets quite irate..see Monty Python, we may agree to disagree on when life is formed in the womb the fact is if we are truly honest about how the traditional nuclear family operates in real life, skeletons and all and not just an ideal then we can truly be compassionate to others and not be judgmental.

The point you raised about money in politics is a concern that should bother all of us no matter how we defined ourselves politically, money in politics corrupts absolutely one reason I can't bring myself to vote for Hillary as she would be Obama in drag,she just spoke at a function for bankers netting 400,000 for a wkend because she is in-between political jobs right now ,but she may well become the next POTUS who will remember her banker friends and act accordingly.

Obama care, not the best he could have gotten IMO other nations have better like in Japan which I can attest to works really really well,it was his weakness to water down his original plan at the behest of the Reps who never the less did not sign-on when it came to voting,however I do believe it's better than nothing after all it's a most Christian thing to do not letting others die for want of care,(Am I MY Brother Keeper)

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Spider879

This revolving door policy has got to end we need an amendment to over-throw that insidious ruling by the U.S Supreme Court that made Corporations people, this should not be a Lib only thing buuut!! because the Tea Party are wholly own by big money from Kochs and others who flood them with $$ they were a no show to something that we should have had common cause, plus they attract alot of crazy people in their ranks ..Libs were on their own in this ,and mind you Dems are almost as corrupt as the Reps..see below

Spider I can agree with you on most of this. The Corporate Cronyism and Revolving Door ARE Huge impediments to proper policy.

Where I would disagree with you is your Categorization of the Tea Party.

The the Three, Dems, Repubs and TP, I would contend that the TP has FAR less blood on their hands than the other two Parties. For every one bad apple in the TP, you can find a bushel of bad apples in either of the other two.

You want to rail about Lobbyists , ect look to the Two Major Party's first and foremost. They are FAR WORSE than the TP in these matters.

Compared to the both Major Parties, the TP are relatively pure. That's not to say that people haven't tried to take control of the TP, it's just that the Control of the other two parties is FIRMLY in the hands of Lobbyists and Special Interest groups.

What exactly makes you not like the TP? Just Curious. Is it their Economic plans or Social Plans? Which to you is the more important thing for the country to be worked on?

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

What exactly makes you not like the TP? Just Curious. Is it their Economic plans or Social Plans? Which to you is the more important thing for the country to be worked on?

To be honest I don't what they are for only what they are against and they are a mixed bag,now I am not speaking of the rank and file who maybe of diverse views but the folks who show-up on T.V that speak for them,and yes they have less corruption than regular Reps but I see them as the shock troops of the Reps and I am not alone in this, so they are seen as corrupt by association, there are Libertarian values some of which I am attracted to, but a lot of them tend to be extremist all or nothing,and I have never heard of an anarchist civilization and I fancy myself an amateur student of history.

I am a Lib but I am also a capitalist I feel great when an idea of mine pans out and I am amply rewarded so I am not anti money but I want a balanced approach regarding fair play in the system and civic duty (paying your taxes) for the up keep of your nation including investment in people.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   

I couldn't help but notice you left out corrupt Democrats....Freudian slip?

Personally the TP fiscal policy is the only one of the Three that makes sense.

You tend to group the TP as Republicans, I See them being pretty much their own group that has lots more in common with Repubilcans, a big distinction,.

I think if the TP stayed closer to its Libertarian roots it would do better than being a brand of Republicanism. You'd find they would have broader base and proably the start of a real third party. Tbats why both Dem and Rep Establisment types go out of their way to belittle the TP. If the TP grows, it can only do so at the expense of either or both partys. They dont mock the TP out of ridicule, but out of fear of losing some of their OWN power/base.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Kangaruex4Ewe
My only reply is that I am saddened in Virginia tonight. The people deserve exactly what they get from this point on IMO.

Well the women of Virginia will no longer be forced to get a
wand up their hoo ha's,
so it can only get better, I suspect.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Spider879
reply to post by colbe

Hi Colbe while I have a different POV from you about things lemme just say this,Cuccinelli is a nut and no this is not limited to his stance on reproductive rights which I fully understand coming from a Catholic back myself, I for one do not think life began at conception and I don't think every sperm is sacred every sperm is great if ever a drop is wasted god gets quite irate..see Monty Python, we may agree to disagree on when life is formed in the womb the fact is if we are truly honest about how the traditional nuclear family operates in real life, skeletons and all and not just an ideal then we can truly be compassionate to others and not be judgmental.

The point you raised about money in politics is a concern that should bother all of us no matter how we defined ourselves politically, money in politics corrupts absolutely one reason I can't bring myself to vote for Hillary as she would be Obama in drag,she just spoke at a function for bankers netting 400,000 for a wkend because she is in-between political jobs right now ,but she may well become the next POTUS who will remember her banker friends and act accordingly.

Obama care, not the best he could have gotten IMO other nations have better like in Japan which I can attest to works really really well,it was his weakness to water down his original plan at the behest of the Reps who never the less did not sign-on when it came to voting,however I do believe it's better than nothing after all it's a most Christian thing to do not letting others die for want of care,(Am I MY Brother Keeper)

Spider,

The underlined, the grace of the Sacraments are working on you, MO. It takes prayer and God's grace
to change minds and hearts. Don't we know from our kids. Abortion is sadly a major "denial" for folks, still, it is fact...

"Sperm" is part of the miracle. Science (technology) today shows life begins at conception. And since the 4th century for Bible Aloners, Scripture states God creates a new person with a body and a soul AT conception, Proof below, a body and a soul at conception. It is a serious sin to vote for a pro-abort, a person cooperates by their vote with the legislator's evil vote! Obama has a list against life, it makes you want to throw up reading it.

Ditto, I agree on Hillary. Vince Foster, Benghazi....

It was close in Virginia because even liberals are waking up to Obama's you "get to keep your insurance" lie. Habitual liars (BHO) are the last to realize, they keep on lying and/or spin their story. The tide is turning besides the media finally, liberal comedians are making jokes too about Obama's big mistake. Funny Jon Stewart is very serious in his comments and people are laughing at Jay Leo's latest.

Democrats are really, really worried. People, in a temporal way, when you discover something new and good, CHANGING is a sign of maturity.

Psalm 50:7 (I think it is Psalm 51 in the KJV)
For behold I was conceived in iniquities; and in sins did my mother conceive me.

www.drbo.org...

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   

pavil

I couldn't help but notice you left out corrupt Democrats....Freudian slip?

Personally the TP fiscal policy is the only one of the Three that makes sense.

You tend to group the TP as Republicans, I See them being pretty much their own group that has lots more in common with Repubilcans, a big distinction,.

I think if the TP stayed closer to its Libertarian roots it would do better than being a brand of Republicanism. You'd find they would have broader base and proably the start of a real third party. Tbats why both Dem and Rep Establisment types go out of their way to belittle the TP. If the TP grows, it can only do so at the expense of either or both partys. They dont mock the TP out of ridicule, but out of fear of losing some of their OWN power/base.

Not a Freudian slip only because I see them as the militant arm of the Reps and it is hard for me to make that distinction perhaps when they truly become independent i'll change my view,the TP is mocked and folks are fearful with good reason they have real power but they are mocked for what they say when they stand before a mike,Louie Gohmert..really??.. Michele Bachmann,Sarah Palin to name a few.

As far as economics I am not sold on Ayan Rand principle of no government watch dog, yes government can over spend but there is a social contract with the citizens since the bad ol days of Laissez-faire capitalism anything goes except property rights,when just about everyone was poor,finding that finger in your hot dog,and your child was your relief in the coal mines,your fire dept was privatized meaning you don't pay watch your house burn,another thing I have yet to hear anything from them about curving wasteful military spending if it's out there maybe you can school me on it.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   

No my point is you aren't calling out Democrats as well. Just talking about bad Republicans and TP. Sounds little biased, which is fine if you actually think Democrats can do no wrong. Surely there are Democrats in the Congress that you are not proud of?

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Spider879
...another thing I have yet to hear anything from them about curving wasteful military spending if it's out there maybe you can school me on it.

You don't need schooling, you sound articulate. If I sound that way, I apologize. Lets do both sides, trim wasteful Military spending and Trim wasteful Entitlement spending at the same time. There is FAT everywhere in the Government budget. That's one of the Tea Party's main points. You can trim 10% out of the Budget if all party's were really concerned about doing it.

There would not have been any meaningful cuts to the Budget without the TP forcing both sides to deal with it.

I've pointed out flaws in the TP, I just expect people to not say or act like only one side is at fault for the mess we are in. Both Major Parties have had BIG hands in what has been done. To say it's only one side is disingenuous.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
WTF? From the frying pan into the fire. Bloomers wasn't bad enough. They needed a real poop stain.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Bloomberg was a real douche, a true tryant. Yes I spelled that right. He TRIED to be a tyrant, hence, tryant. New word. So we go from a billionaire who told everyone how to live their lives like he was playing Sim City to this new guy. I really hope he can reverse much of the madness Bloomberg wreaked. Not all Democrats are bad, I just wish the good politicians didn't run as a Rep or Dem.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

pavil

Spider879
...another thing I have yet to hear anything from them about curving wasteful military spending if it's out there maybe you can school me on it.

You don't need schooling, you sound articulate. If I sound that way, I apologize. Lets do both sides, trim wasteful Military spending and Trim wasteful Entitlement spending at the same time. There is FAT everywhere in the Government budget. That's one of the Tea Party's main points. You can trim 10% out of the Budget if all party's were really concerned about doing it.

There would not have been any meaningful cuts to the Budget without the TP forcing both sides to deal with it.

I've pointed out flaws in the TP, I just expect people to not say or act like only one side is at fault for the mess we are in. Both Major Parties have had BIG hands in what has been done. To say it's only one side is disingenuous.

No way I am letting Dems off the hook I posted about corrupt Dems in this thread not to you directly, but in my answer to you was the general sins of the Reps is carried over to the TP by association which is undeniable.

About military fat, during the 1st gulf war in which I was present I was shocked to see styrofoam trays being used on land , now one may think whats the big deal, but if you saw the waste of those trays for each meals at-least three times a day going into the trash bins and keep in mind that the troops may go back for seconds or thirds using new trays then you can feel me on this, aboard ship we had the regular hard trays that is washable and done by Mess Cranks, Boot Camps. or Newbies a French guy formally of the French Air-force that worked for me Yrs later he was also in Iraq at the same time as I although we never met, was amazed that out in the desert the U.S troops could have Mc Donald's while they ate s@!!^t out of a can,this I did not witness but was totally believable now if anyone wanted to address such waste they would be under fire for being soft on defense and not supporting our troops,the sad part is the actual fighting men and women risked having their social benefits cut including medical while the defense industries see their profits go through the roof.

edit on 8-11-2013 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   

JackSparrow17
Bloomberg was a real douche, a true tryant. Yes I spelled that right. He TRIED to be a tyrant, hence, tryant. New word. So we go from a billionaire who told everyone how to live their lives like he was playing Sim City to this new guy. I really hope he can reverse much of the madness Bloomberg wreaked. Not all Democrats are bad, I just wish the good politicians didn't run as a Rep or Dem.

I read stuff like this and it just makes me sad. I have no doubt you believe things are going to be different with a new guy but things don't work that way. What we have in this country with "Democracy" is disposable dictators.

What I mean by that is that a new guy comes into office and everything starts out innocent enough. They generally stay within their boundaries for a short time until they're settled in and have a good idea of how people will respond to their actions (whatever they may be).

Sometimes, they're relatively low key for a longer time. Like Obama was in his first term. Oh, he still made plenty of noise but he's really been getting dirty in this second term.

If you think about it that way, Bloomers didn't really start making a lot of noise until relatively recently when his time as mayor was coming to a close. Once he was past that point, it didn't matter what he did because no matter how bad it was, the blame for it was going to leave with him (while the results of what he'd done would remain in place).

New guy, clean slate, fresh opportunity. That's how they operate. They have to be careful for a while if they want to get a chance to do anything but eventually, every one of these guys can afford to get dirty. It doesn't cost them anything because they always know there's a time limit anyway.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join