It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you have any werewolfe legends?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I know this may apply more to Europeans. But if you have a local story about werewolves, please tell it to me.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

ok, my can of morning coffee has hit – why not a bit of werewolf…

werewolf stories are bad

you asked for it

Ola Paulakoski’s The Werewolf Cult Chronicles: Vietnam 1969 "2005"

sorry, that’s all that came to mind, heroes

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Well I did write this a few years back.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Disregard if that's not what you're looking for.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Not a local ones, but what people in here north Scandinavia believed werewolfs looked alike.

Werewolves were seven times more dangerous than other wolves. Their backside of torso were taller than frontside. They walked on three feet and fourth limb were a tail. Werewolves eyes starts watering when they are near humans and they can have more toes than normal 5 per foot, their legs are straight and doesn´t bend from the knee. They also believed that werewolves had a white stripe in their neck and white spot in their chest. Some stories tell that some wolfs when they had been killed and skinned, under the skin you could find something what belonged to man like pocket knife, wallet or piece of clothing.

Most common stories are about wedding guests turning into werewolves, it was a witchcraft done by a guest who wasn´t happy with the wedding party or a beggar who was turned away from the wedding, also dissapointed groom and a mother in law were the culprits. When the spell was over these werewolves turned back to normal people, unless the person had walked as a wolf for a long time some parts of the wolf stayed like a tail or a pawn.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Curious as to what your interest is. I wrote this one a while back, not exactly a legend story, but interesting none the less. I did go to this spot several times, and it does feel unsettling.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   

dollukka

Not a local ones, but what people in here north Scandinavia believed werewolfs looked alike.

Werewolves were seven times more dangerous than other wolves. Their backside of torso were taller than frontside. They walked on three feet and fourth limb were a tail. Werewolves eyes starts watering when they are near humans and they can have more toes than normal 5 per foot, their legs are straight and doesn´t bend from the knee. They also believed that werewolves had a white stripe in their neck and white spot in their chest. Some stories tell that some wolfs when they had been killed and skinned, under the skin you could find something what belonged to man like pocket knife, wallet or piece of clothing.

Most common stories are about wedding guests turning into werewolves, it was a witchcraft done by a guest who wasn´t happy with the wedding party or a beggar who was turned away from the wedding, also dissapointed groom and a mother in law were the culprits. When the spell was over these werewolves turned back to normal people, unless the person had walked as a wolf for a long time some parts of the wolf stayed like a tail or a pawn.

Thank you! This is very interesting! This is the kind of thing I am looking for.
edit on 19-11-2013 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   

intrepid
Well I did write this a few years back.

Disregard if that's not what you're looking for.

Nice writing Intrepid! I am impressed.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Hi, I just noticed your post when I was looking at the folk forum. You might be interested in this: wulvers which I wrote recently. They weren't shape shifting werewolves, but thought you might enjoy it anyway.

Are you collecting stories or doing a bit of research?

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 02:50 AM
link   
I have one...........................It's the one where they don't exist

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by dollukka

Are beggars going to weddings common in Scandanavia? How strange I must say that if they went even stranger they turn into a werewolf?

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   

tigpoppa
reply to post by dollukka

Are beggars going to weddings common in Scandanavia? How strange I must say that if they went even stranger they turn into a werewolf?

That was an old custom to not to turn beggars away when there were a wedding. That pretty much came along with christianity. But there has always been a lot of shamanism in Scandinavia and some beliefs are mixed with christianity.
Nowadays we don´t have beggars except those who come here from Romania to beg each summer, this is quite new phenomena. Beggars were more common in centuries before but when the standard of living improved beggars just vanished. People in scandinavia don´t really like beggars nor enable them.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   
When I was a child, my father and I found this crudely built coffin in the middle of these sand dunes, with a dead (apparently sacrificed) dog inside with writings in blood, symbols and mentions of a werewolf. I felt sick that whole day and for a while after.

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: nixie_noxnot from my area but legend of peter stubbe is kinda interesting www.liveabout.com...

posted on Oct, 24 2021 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: tigpoppa

Time was different back then, people lived mostly in small villages so everyone was welcomed. Beggars were not unusual. There were social structure, social classes. Nobility, clergy, bourgeoisie and peasants were main classes.. Also there were "Loose" and " parasites ( this one is odd, but usually living in house like old folks and youth which are in age of marriage and pay no taxes ". "Loose" also go for people who did odd jobs in houses.. also beggars.

new topics

top topics

join