It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm sorry we're not accepting new patients....GRRRR

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   

edit on 5-11-2013 by MrLimpet because: Not sure what happened to my reply?

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

So is there another test they can do besides blood work? What should I ask?

You may get referred to a Rheumie, and with persisting joint pain, regardless of blood work, you should.

The best thing would be to tell them every symptom or recent change, even if seemingly unrelated.

You should be sent for labs that contain tests for Rheumatoid Factor (RF), Anti-CCP antibodies, C-reactive protein (CRP), SED rate, ANA, Parvo B-19, Hepatitis (it can cause symptoms similar to RA), Vitamin D, plus the regular stuff in addition to a physical exam and maybe some imaging.

RA can (for a portion) affect the neck, just an FYI.

It's weird how nonchalant she was about it. She just handed me a script for my other doctor to see that said "has fibro should be on Cymbalta" and that was it. My other doctor said no cause I"m not a candidate for it and that was it. So I'm kind of at a loss as to what to do with it. I mean are there other ways to deal with it? What causes it? I mean she said nothing.

The cause is up for debate and for a long time most weren't sure it was even real (It's all in your head, here! Have an antidepressant!), but, now... they are finding changes in the body, particularly the hands, in the patient's nerves. There are a ton more pain receptors than in a non-fibro person's hands. So maybe that will be a key in a future treatment? Usually they just throw pills at it.

edit on 05pmTue, 05 Nov 2013 12:02:53 -060013TuesdayTuesday1311 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by daryllyn

RE: Headaches.

I have found that one of the best things to abort either a migraine or cluster headache is oxygen. Red-Bull also seemed to help but only if I caught it soon enough. Oxygen always worked the best!

You will need a prescription for oxygen. It's inexpensive and can be delivered if need be.

I learned this from www.clusterheadaches.com... . I hope you find the site as helpful as I did.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join