It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Im concerned... my friend donated blood and now she...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
...said to me over text message that a "new" bruise has formed where she was stuck with the needle... I asked her aboht it and she said that it seems to be following the vein. I thought I remembered that this is how infections behave. She said this. "new bruise" appeared 2-3 days after she donated. Anyone with medical knowledge have any advice? I can try to have her send a picture to me if anyone would like to have a look.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by 3n19m470

Bruising can happen a few days after giving blood, I have had bruising come up after a week or so...nothing wrong but If she is worried go to a doc just for peace of mind.
Could be an infection though If it is following her vein...just see the doc If it gets worse.
edit on 4-11-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
It's a hematoma(blood leakage into the surrounding tissue) which is not uncommon even days after a blood draw due to an 18 gauge needle. Always happens to me during a blood donation due to small veins, which is probably her issue. Tell her to be cautious with it as it heals and is sore. Any changes after this time suggest a visit the E.R. or her physician.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

I took a Phlebotomy course once and my first try....you should have seen the guys arm afterwards
, gave up after seeing that.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   

boymonkey74
reply to post by dreamingawake

I took a Phlebotomy course once and my first try....you should have seen the guys arm afterwards
, gave up after seeing that.

Don't blame you, with all the experience clinic wise-with animals- I still dislike having to use needles on them!

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I sell plasma twice a week and sometimes I get these bruises on my arm where they poke me. I usually request a particular phlebotomist and then I'm OK to collect my $50 for the week

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Thanks everybody! I want to see it for myself in a picture or in person before I freak out too much or get her freaked out. I was just wondering if it was really a bruise or an infected looking vein. But she said bruise, and now that I know it is not unusual for bruises to form 2-3 days after donating plasma, I am a little relieved. I will report back and probably send some of you a pm if I find out anything important.

Thank you all again. I can't even begin to explain how much I appreciate having access to this...this... veritable wellspring of wisdom and knowledge. If any of you need anything at all you can always feel free to ask me. I may not be able to fulfill your request, but you are always welcome to ask!

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by 3n19m470

That just happens when they take blood. They usually use a pretty thick needle.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   
why would any sane person look for medical advice from a conspiracy forum instead of tipping back to the doctors or blood bank to make sure the bruise is ok.

numpty.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I get lots of blood work done. One time a really stupid woman stuck me to get blood and the blood wasn't coming fast enough to make her happy so she moved the needle around to get the blood out faster. Oh .. it came out faster alright. But then for the next year my right arm was bruised from the elbow all the way down to the wrist ... front and back. She cut me up really bad inside. It's been almost two years and my arm still aches. I get all bloodwork done from the other arm now.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   

lacrimaererum
why would any sane person look for medical advice from a conspiracy forum instead of tipping back to the doctors or blood bank to make sure the bruise is ok.

numpty.

In my experience I have found that there are a lot of very knowledgeable and wise people here, many people from all walks of life. There are several people here who work in the medical field
And this is the off-topic Health and Wellness forum. Thank you for your post and I apologize if you find my thread to be out of place here.

This is not about the initial bruising. It is about a new bruise that appeared 3-4 days after, just in case I didn't make that part clear. Also, my initial statement of 2-3 days was a mistake, it was actually 3-4 days.

I talked further with my friend and she said it was not a dark line following up the vein like I thought it might be, but.just a normal bruise. I'm not going to worry too much unless something changes. But it was one of those situations where I wanted to check with some knowledgeable people to make sure. I may have over reacted, but I am very protective of those who have become close to me. Obviously in a more severe situation I would just call 911 or advise her to, and not come to any site on the internet to wait for someone to tell me what to do lol...

Thanks again to everyone who took the time to post here.
I love all of you!

new topics

top topics

join