It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"A Bad Day to Die": Kubrick, Kennedy Assination, Dr. Strangelove, Huxley, CS Lewis...WOW

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
New light has been shed on a bizarre tangle of events and big conspiracy-theory-world names, all tied together by a single fateful date: November 22, 1963. This day, of course, is most famous for being the date of the Kennedy assassination in Dallas, Texas. ("eleven-elevenists" take note of the 11/22 pattern, by the way...we know TPTB love their number games...). As this month will see the 50th anniversary of the Kennedy assassination, it is perhaps an oddly apt time to see if we can uncover a bit of meaning in this series of "coincidences."

The news comes, strangely enough, from that most mainstream of mainstream sources: The New York Times:

You probably know the scene in Stanley Kubrick’s “Dr. Strangelove”: Slim Pickens, playing the pilot of the B-52 that has been ordered to attack Russia by his bonkers commander, General Ripper, is reviewing the contents of the crew’s survival kit. It contains among other essential items $100 in gold, nylon stockings and “one issue of prophylactics.” At the end of the list he remarks, “Shoot, a fella could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with all that stuff.”

If you look closely at Pickens’s lips, they seem to be framing something other than the word “Vegas.” Indeed they are: “Dallas.” The first critics’ screening of the new film had been scheduled for Nov. 22, 1963. Unfortunate timing, as it turned out. Kubrick re-dubbed the line, substituting the name of another city...

With the anniversary of the infamous day approaching, we will be reminded of at least two other eerie coincidences. To put it in terms of a trivia test: who else died that day? Aldous Huxley, author of “Brave New World” (strange to consider that title, in the present context); and C. S. Lewis, perhaps most widely known today in the United States as the author of the “Narnia” tales.....

More at Source (NY Times)

Here is a YouTube clip of the portion of "Dr. Strangelove" in question:

Now we have some interesting pieces to play with: The "classic" conspiracy of conspiracies (the Kennedy shooting), Dallas, Las Vegas, an interesting list of items. Combine this with the oddness of the release day of the movie Dr. Strangelove, by Kubrick: a name that pops up often in the conspiracy world. Kubrick has been associated with everything ranging from wild theories about supposedly faked moon landing footage, to revelations of high-level "TPTB" rituals in Eyes Wide Shut. Although the Kubrick theories are often a little too far-out for even me to take seriously, there is no doubt whatsoever that every film he has ever made contains hidden details and enigmatic layers of symbols: something even any mainstream film historian will admit. (All the license plates on all the cars in Eyes Wide Shut have the same number, as one tiny example...).

Then we have the deaths of two other unusual characters: Aldous Huxley, author of Brave New World. If you haven't read it, do so immediately. A classic dark-future novel written more than half a centruy ago that eerily mirrors contemporary reality. Huxley has other associations that I will leave you to discover for yourself. And CS Lewis, known also for hidden religious symbolism woven into his popular "Narnia" series.

Coincidence? We don't need no stinkin' coincidences in the conspiracy world, folks. And whatever way you look at it, it is a strange enough series of events and names to give anyone pause.

What, if anything, is going on here? Have at it, ATS. Thrill me with your acumin.

edit on 11/4/2013 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

good catch, now I'm going to go back and find my copy of the movie.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Intriguing stuff. I feel that any serious dot connecting between these would be at the more clown-feces crazy end of the speculation spectrum, but still a fun set of data points to consider.

After all, one could tie in the fact that the Kennedy assassination and the news coverage of that historic event helped wire a whole generation to the television in profound ways which would be solidified further six years later when Kennedy's vision of sending a man to the moon was fulfilled live on TV as well.

Huxley's Brave New World featured a dystopia where media stimulation (The Feelies) is used as an opiate of the masses that put Marx's thoughts on religion to shame.

Kubrick is tied in moon landing lore to possibly staging of that same moon landing that Kennedy helped kickstart.

In Huxley's book The Feelies are enhanced by the consumption of Soma (a euphoric drug with mild psychotropic qualities), and Kubrick's 2001: A Space Odyssey was quite popular among the youth culture that included phamacology into their viewing experience.

C.S. Lewis known for (what I would consider pretty ham-fisted) religious iconography and symbolism woven into his works. This penchant for double meanings overlaps with Kubrick's similar proclivities. Similarly, some of the more messianic rhetoric around the death of Kennedy could be seen as a connection.

All in all, it's the kind of web of coincidence and happenstance that could drive one buggy. Good stuff. Star and Flag to you good sir.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Wow I never noticed that his lips say Dallas I watched that part like 10 times and I do see with my own eyes that he says Dallas!!!!! I lived there for years and always had a longing to find out out about Kennedy...

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by freakshowfatty

I just noticed that too in a totally different way. I was watching the movie and saw him mouthing 'Dallas' even though I heard Vegas... then I recalled this thread. I had to find it to verify what I was remembering. Just wanted to be able to find it tomorrow so I could look into it further.

new topics

top topics

join