It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Kitty Died

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

So sorry for your loss, Night Star. Sounds like she was quite a beauty! I like the idea of her finally getting to hear the birds singing. My cats mean the world to me, and I have experienced the sadness of losing one before. Thinking positive thoughts for you!
edit on 11/5/2013 by katydidwonder because: typo

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   

PapagiorgioCZ

Sad winter is comming for some of us. Tonight my heart is here with you as you were here with me and a lost kitty of my heart a week ago. So sad.
Straya had to be a very special cat. Your relationship had to be very deep as well as your grief now. Something like that can't just vanish. It's too real. Not really different from loosing a human family member and sometimes worse - maybe because we don't use to sleep together and to touch each other face at least once a day.
A woman who was deaf and blind for some time said that being deaf was worse because one feels alone.
Straya wasn't completely alone in her silence. Life would be probably unbearable for her without you. Let's wish her the best on her journey. Maybe a heaven for her means to have a hearing body and to hunt something somewhere near you.
I feel they are living souls like us, comming from one existence to another. Who knows? it's giving me hope that this place isn't just a bad joke with heaven for mankind and just nothing after years of suffering for animals. They may not be able to follow us everywhere after death but I'm sure there is more than death for them.

Sad winter is comming for some of us. Imagine some of us are little kittens on the street hiding themselves from cold rain with no love around them just parasites and hunger. There's insanely many of them. Imagine that while standing against the wind just in T-shirt for a 5 minutes. Maybe it's time to save one.

Thank you Papa! It was a cold November when we saved Straya. She had fleas and a bad ear infection. I nursed her back to health and loved her deeply for many years and she returned that love.

I feel certaint that our pets will be reunited with us in heaven.

Yes, I believe that now she can hear for the first time and is enjoying and exploring her wonderous new and beautiful life.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   

katydidwonder

So sorry for your loss, Night Star. Sounds like she was quite a beauty! I like the idea of her finally getting to hear the birds singing. My cats mean the world to me, and I have experienced the sadness of losing one before. Thinking positive thoughts for you!
edit on 11/5/2013 by katydidwonder because: typo

Thank you so much!! I LOVE your avatar!!!!!!!!!

I don't care how weird it sounds, but I do believe she can now hear the birds sing, the winds through the trees, babbling brooks and all things wonderful. I told her she would have a beautiful new life and held her close with tears streaming onto her fur as I said my last goodbye.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Night Star - sooooo sorry to hear.

I lost my beloved cat over a year ago, after years of illness, vets, medicines that didn't work, and suffering. He purred to the very end. My sweet little boy cat was part of our hearts. We adopted him from a shelter as a grown cat, and he was like a little dog, following us around and talking his little heart out.

I lost many cats over the years. Each one a sweet little angel. Each one brought joy.

I know you're sad, and grieving. Keep the tissues handy, let yourself cry, and make no apologies for it. Some people think it's overreacting, but our pets are treasured. I was hysterical when my rabbit had to be put down as he was suffering from cancer. I was sad when my darn goldfish died, as I really liked that silly fish.

My thoughts are with you.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Im sorry. I know how hard it is to lose a companion that you love.

This short poem helped when I lost one of my dogs:

"We who choose to surround ourselves
with lives even more temporary than our
own, live within a fragile circle;
easily and often breached.
Unable to accept its awful gaps,
we would still live no other way.
We cherish memory as the only
certain immortality, never fully
understanding the necessary plan...."

--- Irving Townsend ---

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Galadriel

Awww, thank you so much! I can relate to you 100%. All animals are precious. My sympathy to you in the loss of all your beautiful pets.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 04:52 AM
link   

preludefanguy

Im sorry. I know how hard it is to lose a companion that you love.

This short poem helped when I lost one of my dogs:

"We who choose to surround ourselves
with lives even more temporary than our
own, live within a fragile circle;
easily and often breached.
Unable to accept its awful gaps,
we would still live no other way.
We cherish memory as the only
certain immortality, never fully
understanding the necessary plan...."

--- Irving Townsend ---

How very beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing that lovely poem with me!

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 04:59 AM
link   
My first day without you my sweet, gentle little girl. How I miss you and wish I could hold you again and hear you purr and see your beautiful face. It is lonely here without you and there is a hole inside me that no one else could ever fill. I still can't believe that you are gone and I am left behind without you. It's so sad. I can only be thankful that I found you that cold Autumn day so long ago, and that you had filled my life with so much happiness and love. I will never forget you. I will never stop loving you my little Angel.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I've lost all three of my cats in the last 6 years.

The oldest was born only a year before I was born and I grew up with him all my life. He died little over a year after I left home, he was 19. There was something about him in the years before he passed that I always thought was a level above your typical cat. There was a real raw connection between us.

Our youngest died in 2011 from feline cystitis and our cat who we got between the other two passed this year due to organ failure, largely due to her being overweight for the majority of her life.

Its hard but it does get better. You won't ever be able to replace and in many ways that will always be a comfort. They are just cats to many but individually one of kind to us.
edit on 6/11/2013 by Believe_nothing because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Believe_nothing

Wow, losing 3 cats within 6 years is sad. I lost two within 3 years many years ago. It's always sad. I know things will get better in time. Thank you!

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I'm taking time to offer you my deepest and most sincere condolences.

10 years ago, I went back to live at my folks place for some reason. We still had our old family kitty which was 18 years old and sick. We had to put him down. It was sad but I guess he had a good life (RIP Ti-Gris).

I asked my folks if they were thinking of getting another one, they told me that they weren't too sure about it.
Until my sister popped a couple of weeks after with a super cute kitten that one of her friend could not take care of anymore.

Knowing that my folks got rid of our old one she thought we could give him a chance instead of abandoning him at a shelter.
I convinced my folks to keep him, that I would feed him and clean his litter box. They agreed.

That cat (which i named Gontran) must have felt that he got adopted due to my pleas. He returned the favour by instantly adopting me. Much to the annoyance of my folks (LOL).
He would cheerfully greet me when I would get back from work, climb on me and chill when I watched TV, sleep with me at night. My folks thought he was useless, and talked again about abandoning him in a shelter. I stubbornly opposed to the idea, and kept him.

When I decided to move in with my GF, my folks said that if I leave I take Gontran with me. To which I obliged gladly. Thats when, in my mind the cat became MY cat and not the family feline anymore.
My GF was very sport to tolerate him due to her allergies.

I felt a very strong bond with that cat. He was my best friend. He would just follow me around anywhere I was in my apartment. He enjoyed my company.
A year ago he turned really sick, and I had to make the painful decision to end his suffering in the most peaceful and painless way possible. I brought him to the vet to have him put down. That was July 4th, last summer.

I never wanted to abandon that cat, and I made it a so that the last thing he would see and hear before slipping in the next world, would be me, his best friend.
Adieu Gontran.
I had seen a couple of threads on ats about the loss of furry friends, it always makes me cry.

I know exactly how you feel about your loss, I am so sorry. There is a lot of folks on ats that understands how it is.
My thoughts are with you.

P.S. : sorry about the long post, I guess it helps me to also accept my loss by sharing about it.
Take care.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SolidGoal

Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful story with me. It does help knowing that others share in my pain and understand completely because of their own losses. I'm sure that our sweet little cats appreciate that we gave them love and such good lives and that they are now pain free. And I know too that they still love us.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Last night my 5 year old great nephew came up and gave me a single peach colored rose. He said, "This is for you Auntie because you've been so sad." I was so touched. Then today a lovely bouquet was delivered and was from my sister and her husband. It meant so much to me. I never had children so my cats were like my children.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I lost my precious Lucy cat two years ago. She was 20 1/2 years of age and had been with me longer than anyone else. Born in a barn in rural Ohio she moved with me when I had employment in other states. And of course when I moved to Mexico.

Today I saw an interesting article on Yahoo about Sonja Fitzgerald. She is a pet psychic and explains that it is just the body that dies and the soul lives on. It may give you comfort to watch the video.

shine.yahoo.com...

Animals do know things. When Lucy died we buried her in the back yard. Our two other cats came outside with us and just sat quietly and watched. Our neighbor's dog came over to the fence and did the same thing. They could sense our sadness.

I am so sorry for your loss and I'm shedding a tear right now. Take care. She will always be with you.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Night Star,
I am very sorry for your loss!

The last cat I had was one I was so attached to. I loved my cat, she was special in a lot of ways, and never had I bonded with an animal like that, and then one day, she went outside, and never came home.
I already know what happened to her, and just thinking about it so many years later still really pulls at my heart strings. It is not easy. I have never owned a cat since. I feel your loss.

Just know that pets go on, just like we do after we pass, and some day, you will be reunited.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   

ColonelCarter
I lost my precious Lucy cat two years ago. She was 20 1/2 years of age and had been with me longer than anyone else. Born in a barn in rural Ohio she moved with me when I had employment in other states. And of course when I moved to Mexico.

Today I saw an interesting article on Yahoo about Sonja Fitzgerald. She is a pet psychic and explains that it is just the body that dies and the soul lives on. It may give you comfort to watch the video.

shine.yahoo.com...

Animals do know things. When Lucy died we buried her in the back yard. Our two other cats came outside with us and just sat quietly and watched. Our neighbor's dog came over to the fence and did the same thing. They could sense our sadness.

I am so sorry for your loss and I'm shedding a tear right now. Take care. She will always be with you.

Wow, it is quite rare for a cat to live as long as your Lucy. I once had a himalayan who was 19 when he passed away.

Thanks for the video. I am sure that like ourselves, their bodies are temporary but they live on elsewhere after the physical body dies.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

Thank you Honey! I believe as you do, that they go on after the physical body dies. I am sorry for the loss of your cat how ever long ago it might have been. They remain in our hearts forever and one day we will be with them again.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   

I'm truly very sorry for your loss.

I know what you're going through -- I lost both my cats this year. "Ranger" was a purebred (with papers) Russian Blue who was 7 years old and died from renal failure in January. "Nikka" (born 2009) was a mongrel -- all black and was the best mouser I've ever seen. She was such a quirky, sweet, and loving soul. Always "talking"... She was taken by a big male coyote (the biggest one I've ever seen) in July. That coyote met its end in September via (5) OO buck rounds that, um, did to it what it likely did to my cat.

Again, greatest sympathy for your loss.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   

SBMcG

I'm truly very sorry for your loss.

I know what you're going through -- I lost both my cats this year. "Ranger" was a purebred (with papers) Russian Blue who was 7 years old and died from renal failure in January. "Nikka" (born 2009) was a mongrel -- all black and was the best mouser I've ever seen. She was such a quirky, sweet, and loving soul. Always "talking"... She was taken by a big male coyote (the biggest one I've ever seen) in July. That coyote met its end in September via (5) OO buck rounds that, um, did to it what it likely did to my cat.

Again, greatest sympathy for your loss.

How sad to have lost them both in the same year. My heart goes out to you. Thank you for your sympathy. Much appreciated.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Pets dying is hard, sorry for your loss. I dread the day our cats start dying, we have 3 and they're from the same litter. I'll be doing my best to get another bunch from the same litter again. Even the dog gets along with them.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join