It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Fun Little Poll: Would We Nuke "Them" From Orbit to be Sure?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   

oblvion
Doesnt have to be nukes, they are quite dirty. High velocity kenetic energy projectiles [rods from god] have the same power, noradiation.

I know. Used nukes as a metaphor

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Assuming our certainty of mutually assured destruction (equal nuke arsenal) were equal to theirs, I would say nuke the worm hole in the hope to collapse it.
My main concern with our Alien counterparts would be infection.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by KellyPrettyBear

Frankly one of the major reasons I made this post was to demonstrate that we humans would not find another race similar to us as acceptable or even sane. We'd be prone to wish to destroy them before they destroy us. Only in this case they ARE us.

This was intended to demonstrate why WE are destroying ourselves - we as a species have deep self-loathing as some people who replied demonstrated (1 finger pointing away makes 3 fingers point back).

Thanks for participating.

KPB

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
If I was in charge of a nearby space faring Alien race, I would invade Earth after Skyfall...

edit on 5-11-2013 by AbleEndangered because: addition

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

AbleEndangered
If I was in charge of a nearby space faring Alien race, I would invade Earth after Skyfall...

That was the grossest and poorest quality sci fi flick I can think of.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   

KellyPrettyBear
reply to post by BigfootNZ

The problem is that most people are followers without
good forward-looking & thinking skills. Also a lot of
followers are dirt poor and suffering.

So a sizeable percentage of humans might be 'good'..
but ineffective... thus humans as a WHOLE, as a
TEAM, are pretty horrible.. not so much due to
action.. but due to inaction...

I see SO MUCH GOOD in people, almost everywhere..
yet we can't get off this crazy train.. due to the
reasons I just detailed.

KPB

I can see where your coming from, im one of those ineffective humans. I just think the people on the train do in fact know the way its going and most have even if they dont admit it picked up on the fact its not heading where they thought it would (interestingly in real life I once had that happen to me on a bus once as a young teenager
)

Thing is, from what ive seen the last 2 years with things like the whistle blowings, the NSA issues, Gulf Oil disasters the wars etc theres a definite split happening in the world. The good thing in my mind is the larger portion of us in-affective citizens appear to be finally waking up and saying enough is enough and are starting to look around at each other and most are thinking (and realizing others are also) of getting up out of their seats and talking to the train conductor (even though I wouldnt take action myself unless others all decided to do so at once, thing is at least people are starting to as a group voice a counter opinion to all the bad and with the way the internet is you at least can connect those like minded people without the feeling everyone around you is judging you, ie the old I didnt put my hand up because no one else did problem that you then find out everyone else was thinking the same way and didnt stick their hand up because you and others didnt... im in-effective due to fear of the group, but I at least do what i can when i can to help, heck i vote for my countries Green party in elections simply because they are far better people than all the others, sure they will not ever win a majority, but it at least gives them some say and power in government which at least makes them relevant, and i can keep my head down while doing so. Once the point comes where enough of us all stand up i think it'll domino as the illusion of fear of voicing difference vanishes.

In my first reply thats more or less how id go about it on this alien world, Why nuke another group of life simply because they might be like we are or us to be, nothing is truly irredeemable, like with my a persons dont make a people idea the opposite is true when it comes to redeeming. ie often a person can be irredeemable but a people are not (just look at the Germans, they where a very complicit people in their darkest hour but these days they are some of the most stand up and make a mention people around, although that goes for the normal folk, id never trust leadership) sorry if that offended any Germans on here, it took a walk through the fire to make them like that.

Thing is, who knows maybe thats what the real 'aliens' are doing here on Earth right now, if they exist. ie they might well be directing us towards a rethink. Thing is I dont undersell the human species, i kinda take the stance they do on sci-fi shows ie the human species for all its inferiority is just as strong simply because we are human, theres a human quality you cant quite measure that shows up in rare moments.

I think we are slowly edging our way to the brink of that tipping point where we will change for the better, and its not that far off... might mean we have to go through a near extinction however. Hopefully we survive.

Why deny an alien species its own chance to walk through the fire by its own hand, its not our decision to make... you can though give it some helpful pointers on how not to get to burned.
edit on 5-11-2013 by BigfootNZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by KellyPrettyBear

No, i'd not strike them in a preemptive attack.

If any single one of us answered yes to that crucial point, they would be advocating ET nuking our own planet, as that is what we're essentially talking about here...

Security arrangements would have to be thought out, designed and implemented of course, that would be a primary prerequisite.

Followed closely by diplomatic overtures, and offers of technology sharing and later possible alliance against possibly far more agressive ET's out there. It would dawn on us and them on the the other side of the wormhole, that we are vulnerable...VERY vulnerable...an alliance and tech exchange between two cultures of roughly similar levels of technology would benefit both and make us stronger and improve our chances against species that may only have murder and conquest in their cultural experience...imagine Klingons on steroids, but with technology 1000 years in advance of anything we saw on ST.

Nuking them would be a mistake...allying with them would be the smart thing to do.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I know how this is gonna play out...

Star Trek Deep Space Nine Opening Intro (Season 6)
www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsOE73pxpys
www.youtube.com...

The intro music is incredible!!

The Battle:

Star Trek - Federation/DS9 VS Dominion Full Battle
www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wKYG4jdIbk
www.youtube.com...

edit on 5-11-2013 by AbleEndangered because: phrase adjust

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Should we nuke an entire civilisation, along with the plants, animals, medicines, etc.

A fun little thread, not.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Watchfull

Very fun thread, your not fun!!

Hypothetical Simulated thought...

Its fun!!

Here have some fun...

Fun.: We Are Young ft. Janelle Monáe [OFFICIAL VIDEO]
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sv6dMFF_yts
www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by AbleEndangered

The video was fun.

No nuking involved.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by BigfootNZ

Thanks for your thoughts mr. Foot.

I'd like to think you are right.

KPB

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Watchfull
Should we nuke an entire civilisation, along with the plants, animals, medicines, etc.

A fun little thread, not.

What's fun is watching people think or not think.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join