It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm A Grandma! First Time X2

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Wow. I don't feel like a grandma, that is for sure.
But they are here, so I am!
Born November 1st.

Jayden 7 lbs. and Elijah 5.4. They were taken cesarean due to their size difference, about 3 weeks early. They are both healthy and doing great!

And of course, I'm in love!

And the doctor believes they are identical. They sure look it! After hearing my hubby's friends that are identical talk about how much trouble they caused, I'm a bit worried! I haven't had a chance to strip them down, hoping to find at least some kind of mark, to tell them apart! But right now it's easy, just because Elijah is so much smaller.

Grandpa and I can't wait to start spoiling them!!!!

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

Identical twins!! I know from experience, they rule!!

Congrats!
They're adorable!!!

Awe twins!! Twins rule!

I am an identical twin. I was like 3 or 4 lbs and my sister was exactly 1 lb more than I was. We are identical and have had that identical twin thing. It can be creepy!!

I will say one thing, don't dress them alike after the age of like 1 unless it's holidays. I hated that as a kid and wanted my own identity... Always treat them as an individual. Just because they look a like it doesn't mean they are the same! They are two different people. Just a little twin experience there lol.

Oh they will always have a partner in crime!! Hehe. They will get into trouble no doubt! We got into the jelly around 2 1/2 yrs old. LOL my mom and dad couldn't do anything but laugh. We were covered head to toe!

We also had our own language when we were learning to talk. hehe

CONGRATS TO YOU and Grandpa and the parents!!!

((hugs))

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Thank you!
And yeah, Every set of twins we know have said that about dressing them. So I only have one identical outfit, and its not really identical.

It's onesies with the "Thing 1 and Thing 2 on them. I just want one picture with them in them, and I will be happy! LOL

Thanks for all the other info though, at least I won't start freaking out if they speak to each other in their own "language".

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
CONGRATULATIONS!!

I am a mother of twins, my brother has twins, and my 3 aunts have twins, so here is a bit of advice from a mom.

They are truly a gift, their relationship can never be broken, and they will be 2 different people, even if you think they are the same.

Enjoy them when they are this small, and take as many embarrassing photos as you can because twins dont come along every day, and when mine got older, I LOVED showing them to people, and they always got embarrassed but loved it.

Any amount of time difference based on who came first, will pull the Im "older" than you card, and identical twins will cause the most chaos if they now how to use it, remember any kid in terrible 2's is X 2 now, teenager, X 2

And love and cherish them always, because even though there is 2 you will find love enough as if there was 100.

Sending much love to you and your family, NRE.

BTW looking for a mark will be too hard, Go bonkers and buy J and E stencils or iron letters, this way you can just iron on their initials, believe me I learned the hard way!
edit on 4-11-2013 by NoRegretsEver because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Congrats!
I have 2 (so far) ages 7 & 9.
Prepare to have your heart stolen permanently.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

Yeah, we've already been discussing the terrible 2's and teen years. And of course, being grandma, I told my son it is the best payback I could ask for!

And dang, your family sounds alot like the mom's family, all those twins! We just have them every other generation!

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Congratulations!!! I was wondering if you are a grandma yet!

They are absolutely beautiful; Enjoy them!

Take care,

Amber

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Yep, as soon as I held them, I knew I was in deep. The funnest part was already tricking grandpa into holding Elijah. He says they are too little yet, but Jayden was put into Elijah's bed, so he had to hold him while I switched beds. Of course, I had to get a picture first! I'm evil that way!

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by DustbowlDebutante

Hey Girl!!! Thank you! It's been a bumpy road, but they are so worth it!

Hope your handsome young man is doing great!!

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
CONGRATULATIONS!!

And to Jayden and Elijah.....

WELCOME!!

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Congrats girl! I know you've been waiting anxiously for their arrival!
Don't worry, you may not ever FEEL like a grandmother.... I still dont feel old enough for all that and I've been a granny for 3 1/2 years!

Tip to tell the little ones apart- Tie different, bright colored embroidery floss around one of each of their ankles- just make sure it's not too tight but not so loose they come off. I grew up with identical twins and that's what their mother did when they were hard to tell apart.

Enjoy every minute! Grandkids are soooooooo much more fun than our own kids- we get to do all the spoiling!

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by littled16

We had actually talked about doing the string, yarn, thread thing, just to keep me sane! I really am looking forward to spoiling them! And teaching them and.... LOL you know, not wanting to rush them growing up!

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   

HAHA I wish we had the "Thing 1 and Thing 2" outfits, those are hilarious on twins!

Yea my mom said the doctor told her to make us stop our own language.

I think he was just jealous he wasn't included
hehe

congrats again!

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Awwwwww, welcome to the world beautiful baby boys! Congratulations Grandma!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Congratulations grandma!! They are beautiful!
They are all very lucky to have you, especially during those terrible 2's.

I wish all of you the best of luck and the maximum amount of sleep possible!
There is just something amazing about those brand new little people. Thank you for sharing your joy with us.

new topics

top topics

join