It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could use a little help...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Hello again, ATS. It's been quite some time since I was last here and I know I have not made good on the promises I made when I first appeared but nonetheless... I come seeking help from those with knowledge of past cultures and artifacts, particularly amulets. The attached image is of one such amulet I found while searching around a local thrift store.

I felt a particular pull towards a rather large bin of costume jewelry and other small metal nick-knacks, something that I would usually pass right by without second thought. As I shuffled through the various objects I felt a shock at my fingertips. Grasping the offending object I was startled to find this odd little treasure.

I have searched almost non-stop on every search engine, asked countless friends and local mythology fiends and have repeatedly come up empty handed.

I'm also not sure if this is the right place for this kind of post but I figured it was my best bet.

Peace be with you all, Glycon.

I apologize for having to link but ATS seems to take forever when uploading my images.

i835.photobucket.com...

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   
What is it? A wrist band?
It looks Greek to me.

Or a Celtic greenman

edit on 4-11-2013 by weirdguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by weirdguy

Actually it is a pendant of some sort. It is kind of like those oil-container pendants popular in Wicca, in that it has a sort of threaded plug that can be removed and is hollow. Greenman was also one of my first thoughts with a lot of people saying it looked very Northern European, the second most common observation is a stylized Lion of some kind.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
If you notice - the pendant has a trick image.
in one view it shows a bearded guy with a happy face.
turn the pendant around, you get the same bearded guy with a sad face.

sorry i had to download your image to show it.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by coredrill

I actually did not notice that. Does anyone know if that is a common feature in any sort of time period or locality? I'm still digging for info on it but coming back with nothing.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Glycon
reply to post by coredrill

I actually did not notice that. Does anyone know if that is a common feature in any sort of time period or locality? I'm still digging for info on it but coming back with nothing.

in the 4th century bc is was common amongst certain peoples such a scythians and iranians to make a gryllo which would include a mans face coupled with his ancestry or his characteristics or source of fame in one picture which you could rotate and it would tell the story of that man. you can also see them on celtic coins and dacian tablets [if they are real].

to me it looks like a lion and a shaggy man which could be hercules and it could be from anywhere at any time but looks quite new to me.

peace

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Parta

It was quite worn when I stumbled upon it but since then I have made a point to clean it every few weeks. It's kind of like a genie-complex. If I don't take care of it, it won't take care of me. I just feel like there's something about this pendant, something mysterious. Could be wishful thinking but there have been too many odd occurrences with it for me to doubt entirely.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Glycon
reply to post by Parta

It was quite worn when I stumbled upon it but since then I have made a point to clean it every few weeks. It's kind of like a genie-complex. If I don't take care of it, it won't take care of me. I just feel like there's something about this pendant, something mysterious. Could be wishful thinking but there have been too many odd occurrences with it for me to doubt entirely.

hercules was the great accomplisher. the original out of the box man. the great explorer. he had a bad patch and tried very very hard to make amends. he is a powerful image. wear it in good health.

peace

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Parta

It is odd that you would say that as this strange little pendant found me during a period of great transition in my life, just as I was emerging from a rather.... difficult time in my life that to this day I am trying to repent for.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Glycon
reply to post by Parta

It is odd that you would say that as this strange little pendant found me during a period of great transition in my life, just as I was emerging from a rather.... difficult time in my life that to this day I am trying to repent for.

well you can't divert two rivers to clean up crap anymore but one shovel at a time works eventually.

peace

new topics

top topics

join