It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Countdown to Grid shutdown - are you prepared?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I think if the power grid goes down the government will be just as surprised as the general populace. I reflect earlier sentiments in this thread: "they" want us to have the internet - our toys and entertainment and comforts. If that goes away they all know there will be irrational emotions along with blood (including theirs) spilling in the streets in a matter of minutes.

Unless they feel they can direct such a mass of insane humans in the midst of such a wild experience they would probably feel as much pain in that situation as the average person - this is the one exception. CAN they direct us like that? Have they before? Are they already?

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Why can't they schedule this crap when it's warm out? Guess they're thinking there will be less people out if it's cold.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by gardener

"It's a very Fragile System" Rolling eyes!

How did we ever live without the internet controlling everything?

Oh wait, we used to have actually people there with a manual over-ride switch that could actually be turned on, or off by a human being.

I would wager those switches are still there, but again BS the masses and keep em in fear.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Something hit me when I read one article dating from august this year which talked about the drills of power outage, saying they would test this in USA, Canada, Mexico, etc in November and that at least 150 companies accepted to participate in the drill.

The question that hit my head was... has it anything to do with the passing of the comets near earth, and especially comet ISON which is getting closer and closer in November? Maybe it has something to do with coming solar flares they would be aware of? It would then be easy that if something really happens to put the blame on these 'drills that didn't unfold like they were supposed to'.

Now of course I'm only speculating here, but I'm never getting used to the timing of these stranges coincidences that never seem to end with the Government nowadays. No need to say I don't believe in coincidences anyway.

Food for thoughts.

edit on 4-11-2013 by St0rD because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   

InFriNiTee
One thing that people forget also is that a lot of retail stores have backup generators to keep all of their freezers and cash registers working when the power goes out. If it was longer than a day or two, their generators probably wouldn't have enough gas to run that long, but the first couple of days you should be able to buy groceries. Just check with your local bulk retail stores and ask them. After the couple days, the supplies from the store wouldn't hold out though.

Although this won't affect the people (this drill), if it did happen grocery stores would be a mess. How would people pay - so few use cash anymore, (or know how to count it). I'm thinking debit/credit cards would fail to work. I would stay far away from any store should something happen. Keep gas tank above 1/2, and keep ahead with food and clean water.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I have two cans of soup, a battery-powered lantern and CCrane emergency radio. Bring it on.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
About ten years ago if anyone remembers the grid for Ontario and the state New York went down for four days, people didn't panic there was no mass hysteria in the streets, no mobs looting stores, we just hunkered down cooked on camp stoves had bonfires at night and waited for the power to come back on. People organized block kitchens that everyone who wanted could bring their thawing freezer stuff and share it with the community. I think situations like that show how people can band together and make things positive for everyone.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Kr0nZ

OMG... you guys dont really thing that they would shut the power down nationwide? do you?

No they won't. It will be a simulation. What most likely will happen is the computer system will go offline it won't actually shut down. Then they will test their communications, military capabilities and etc. The power won't actually go out so don't worry.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by gardener

Likely nothing will happen except DHS patting themselves on the back after a seemingly uneventful day. That being said, I think the more people who are aware of this drill, the better. Besides, there are plenty of reasons we should all have enough supplies to last a few weeks.

It does seem logical that if the government is aware of a significant CME predicted during this time, it would be an ideal date to drill for the aftermath of such an event. Supposing the grid is affected, they would be in the best possible position to resolve the crisis. My cynical side tells me I am giving them too much credit with that line of thinking.

The pattern of drills just before or during terrorist attacks is hard to ignore. As is the reality that in today's world, it would be all too easy to put something like this over on Americans.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by christoph

Lets face it, if TPTB knew there was something going to occur, then it is highly unlikely they are going to tell anyone about it.

They can only prewarn people to be prepared.

The more you know, the less fear you have of anything.

My intention was not to fear, but merely to make a point that things like this exist.

I would also like to say, that on doing research over many years on the Mayan stuff, that Ian Lungold stated that this time was the part of the awakening, where ethics and power would meet head on.

He also stated that as part of consciousness expansion, that everyone in this world would have free power, that power would not be under centralized control. How would this be possible without bringing down the centralized control of power.

Ethics ultimately wins, as it overshadows power.

We have nothing to fear this is only part of our awakening.
edit on 03pm11America/Chicagopm by iamea because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Note to my fellow ATSers. Likelihood of mine and my familys survival is slim, good luck to everybody. ATS will be gone during those days if your in US. Please tell your familys even if they think your crazy like mine do. I hope they cancel this "drill" but if they do it will come someday anyway. Peace be with you all, make due with all your past ills and look forward to the next life, but don't end it early.

Good luck, Namaste, Peace, Happiness, Joy, Love,

Luuke123

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Evanzsayz

Be looking and testing for bottlenecks in the system

Last year during Hurricane Sandy the repair crews often found roads blocked by fallen trees - needed tree cutting
crews with chainsaws to remove them . In many cases electrical lines were tangled up in trees - again needed
tree cutters to help . The tree cutters in many cases encountered live wires and needed the help of the electrical repair men to cut power so could remove the trees.

Simple things like this can turn a minor incident into a diasaster.......

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I'm not Anti-American, In fact I am not anti anything...But you guys? You are FARRRRRRRRRR too paranoid for your own good, in fact your paranoia affects the world!!! FFS, live a little, get used to the reality, there is danger, but you can't predict the unpredictable, you can only deal with it once it happens. So stop messing your kids up with fear of the future, stop making everybody focus on danger when we have a life to live. FOR GOD'S SAKE!!!

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
the 13th of the month makes mw wonder...

see... the Fatama appairitions always happened on the 13th od successive months ---but only seen by the children---

then there was a ATS thread about the 13th of last month that ~on the surface~ fizziled out
... but that may be because the 13th of November was the stronger time whirlpool / vortex
and sucked all the energy from the 13 oct Pope sanctification thingy about Fatima

we are never prepared enough....
but i am buying silver coins and pantry stuff... just in case the grid does go down more than they planned to----
hell the Iranian or N Korean hackers could be piggy-backing on this 'test' to do a DDNS attack on the regional power grid hubs...and leave us all in the dark for 72+ hours

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Jonjonj
I'm not Anti-American, In fact I am not anti anything...But you guys? You are FARRRRRRRRRR too paranoid for your own good, in fact your paranoia affects the world!!! FFS, live a little, get used to the reality, there is danger, but you can't predict the unpredictable, you can only deal with it once it happens. So stop messing your kids up with fear of the future, stop making everybody focus on danger when we have a life to live. FOR GOD'S SAKE!!!

Walking blindly though life without questioning things that are bigger than you is a recipe for disaster in the long run.

This is a conspiracy site.. be it for real information or entertainment purposes.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
The lights wouldn't go out in my house. My radio would still work. I have plenty of food and water. Whatever I need. Not really scared of any crisis, ever.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Daavin

If that is the same winter I remember, I was in the country in NY, we were without electricity for longer than a week. We all had to sleep in the livingroom by the fireplace so we wouldn't freeze to death lol.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Daavin
About ten years ago if anyone remembers the grid for Ontario and the state New York went down for four days, people didn't panic there was no mass hysteria in the streets, no mobs looting stores, we just hunkered down cooked on camp stoves had bonfires at night and waited for the power to come back on. People organized block kitchens that everyone who wanted could bring their thawing freezer stuff and share it with the community. I think situations like that show how people can band together and make things positive for everyone.

That was only for two days. Imagine if it went for a week?

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   

gardener

That remains to be seen. Caveat emptor Boston marathon was supposed to be a "live drill" however a Chinese national and a Chechynian-American were among those killed under extraordinary drill-turned-terror attack circumstances, as well as WTC 'drills' turned a nightmare and others out there.

Boston had that same drill the previous two years and nothing happened. Sorry don't buy it. I see these post once a month and not one has ever come true.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Luuke123
Note to my fellow ATSers. Likelihood of mine and my familys survival is slim, good luck to everybody. ATS will be gone during those days if your in US. Please tell your familys even if they think your crazy like mine do. I hope they cancel this "drill" but if they do it will come someday anyway. Peace be with you all, make due with all your past ills and look forward to the next life, but don't end it early.

Good luck, Namaste, Peace, Happiness, Joy, Love,

Luuke123

I'm not sure how old you are or what you have been through in life but 'if' the US lost power completely (won't happen but if it did), people are more altruistic than you may realize.

In the 80's I don't recall internet being around (maybe it existed but not used by anyone I knew). Cell phones were as big as quart of milk and rarely seen. People wrote checks and paid with cash. My great grandmother probably read by candlelight. She survived to a ripe old age.
My concern for any catastrophe on a scale like this would be for those who have never known how to live without technology - not knowing how to cook for example. It would be a huge pain in the rear for all of us if something like that happened long term but it wouldn't equal death - if people helped one another especially. One good side effect of struggle is charcter building so I think we would see people pulling together to make it work.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join