It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Countdown to Grid shutdown - are you prepared?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Kr0nZ
OMG... you guys dont really thing that they would shut the power down nationwide? do you?

Thats just ridiculous

Its a DRILL, as in a SIMULATED EVENT..

Do you guys also think people are setting fires to buildings when they do fire drills?

Most of us know this is a simulated event.. but you do not have drills for things that can't happen.

Too much in the media about it happening eventually.. better to be prepared than a beggar when/if it happens at some point.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   

gardener

Wow

That would be the first!

Great video, I haven't seen that one. Maybe I should have stated further: The government would be accused of murder without it being under the guise of any type of warfare....

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Wow... November 13th is the drill? The same exact day as the supposed Killshot solar flare mentioned in UnBreakable's thread here?

Well, this is A.T.S., and the guy was using astrology to predict the date of the solar flare, but still, the same date is rather interesting.
edit on 04amMon, 04 Nov 2013 01:36:43 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Twenty Twelve hype may have been a year too early and, well, of course incorrect on the implications.. In the winter time, wow, with predictions of a rough winter forecast. There's a lot of people who rely on electricity, then coupled with some who can't afford an alternative to it.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 04:58 AM
link   
It may be that TPTB know something that we do not.

There was a case in 1859, where there was a mass ejection from the sun that had this effect:

Telegraph systems all over Europe and North America failed, in some cases giving telegraph operators electric shocks.[7] Telegraph pylons threw sparks.[8] Some telegraph systems continued to send and receive messages despite having been disconnected from their power supplies.[9] Compasses and other sensitive instruments reeled as if struck by a massive magnetic fist.

more info here

and then you also have this:

I dont know but i have not seen anything like this before.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   
haha.. my apologies but a part of me is really laughing at the people who planned this..
the level of paranoia on the planners is very high..

but oh well, good luck to you americans when this happens..
edit on 302013112013America/Chicago723 by tomoe723 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 05:36 AM
link   

I have never seen anything like that before! That's crazy! We are due for something big, and it's coming very soon.

Keep strong, and stay with God. Stay with love and light.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   
I think this will happen. If there is any risk of contact with a CME that could affect the grid, it will do less damage if the electricy is off. Also most people will turn off their appliances if they know the power is going to be off for a while, to decrease the drain and possible damage to their appliances when the power tries to restart.

To add a little mystery, I saw somewhere, that the SOHO footage is missing 5 minutes from the footage, from 11/03/13. I think that was the date. Any hoo, it is the only one we are getting a feed from, the one pointed at the sun, not the one pointed toward the comet.

No real information is being shared by the MSM, which I think is odd considering this is supposed to be a once in a lifetime event. Maybe the push for all our personal data is so they can identify who they are putting in all those plastic coffins, even better for them if they can identify those with particular skill sets to determine how best we can be utilized post event.

Okay, too heavy for so early in the morning. I'll save the good stuff for after midnight.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   
let the show begin - I've got plenty of wine, beer and cigars.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I have been away from ATS for a while and glad I came back on, as I knew nothing about this drill. Thanks for the heads up.

I watched the American Blackout on Natl Geographic and it was unsettling. I doubt anything will happen but I will be prepared.

To those who laugh about it, I wouldn't...It's always better to be ready so you won't be crying later.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Kr0nZ
OMG... you guys dont really thing that they would shut the power down nationwide? do you?

Thats just ridiculous

Its a DRILL, as in a SIMULATED EVENT..

Do you guys also think people are setting fires to buildings when they do fire drills?

USA Today

Federal agency planned plane-crashing-into-building drill ... last Sept. 11
WASHINGTON (AP) — In what the government describes as a bizarre coincidence, one U.S. intelligence agency was planning an exercise last Sept. 11 in which an errant aircraft would crash into one of its buildings. But the cause wasn't terrorism — it was to be a simulated accident.

Adding to the coincidence, American Airlines Flight 77 — the Boeing 767 that was hijacked and crashed into the Pentagon — took off from Dulles at 8:10 a.m. on Sept. 11, 50 minutes before the exercise was to begin. It struck the Pentagon around 9:40 a.m., killing 64 aboard the plane and 125 on the ground

False flag boston bombers drill

DHS documents prove Boston Marathon bombing was false flag 'drill' planned months in advance. Many false flag attacks throughout history have corresponded with planned 'drills'

I personally don't think they would shut down the whole power grid. That would be idiotic. But you can see why people on these forums are suspect about drills?
edit on 4-11-2013 by DaRAGE because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by jibajaba

Yes, wine sounds like a good idea. I have plenty of that.

A manual can opener is always a necessity, too.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by texasgirl

well i think i have enought food but still need more water... i didnt hear about the solar flare on the 13 need to find that... i have a flint and mag starter for a fire..

My problem is its cold outside now.. at night really cold below freezing on some days and 40 and under some days.. well at night... the days are ok... all in my neighborhood would be grabbing all the wood to burn to keep warm...
Im in the section 3 area and when i herd the warning i stocked up a bit.. still not really believing its going to happen on these dates given for the drill, kind of expecting a comet or something like that really... we will see...

Watch ill go get more water with no where to store it and nothing will happen...Yarg..

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by gardener

Thanks for the info.

A Drill... yeah sure.

I think they just don't want us to have internet. Imagine what an unified world would be capable of.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by eeks4

Having formerly lived in Illinois, Missouri and Michigan I feel your pain. Been through many winter storm outages and it's no fun.

Fill jugs with water from your tap. (I use filtered water) Collect as many blankets as you can. If you have dogs (or even cats) they can be a good source of heat and are wonderful to snuggle up against.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   

iamea
It may be that TPTB know something that we do not.

There was a case in 1859, where there was a mass ejection from the sun that had this effect:

Telegraph systems all over Europe and North America failed, in some cases giving telegraph operators electric shocks.[7] Telegraph pylons threw sparks.[8] Some telegraph systems continued to send and receive messages despite having been disconnected from their power supplies.[9] Compasses and other sensitive instruments reeled as if struck by a massive magnetic fist.

more info here

and then you also have this:

I dont know but i have not seen anything like this before.

you dont know what it is, so you put it here and assume it has something to do with PTB and power grids?

well, on reddit, someone explained what this is. stop spreading misinfo because your too lazy to google.

This was a high impedance electrical arcing fault. Usually the upstream protective device (ie. fuse, relay/breaker, recloser, etc.) will interrupt these types of faults and prevent them from continuing. They can start because of tree branches or animals or lightning strikes or anything that can bridge two phases or a phase and ground. The air becomes ionized and no longer acts as an insulator but a conductor. This arc is interesting because it was able to be sustained for such a long period of time.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by gardener

I don't know if it's due to a possible black out, but I feel that God has been guiding me to put food away for some time now, and recently that feeling has been very strong. The one thing I do not own is a small, gas cook stove. Maybe I need to get one just in case. Extra water too.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
anybody wanna bet the grid never shuts down? just fear mongering by the media so we go out and spend money preparing for nothing . smh

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   

So government is stressing it won't be a EMP, but during the drills there will be some sort of 'cyber attack' which could set off a chain reaction of American literally shutdown, from gas for your auto to food to ATMS to banks.

Chain Reaction! Cutting the lifeline.

The good side of it I see, is, the US government itself deserves to be taken offline, permanently!

It would be nice for a change, to see the rest of the world moving up for a change instead of US hogging the world gold supply, stealing land and boasting a dellusional sense of overall wealth from individual to government when they're sinking in, burying themselves in debt and self-destructive apathy.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
If this turns out as bad as Y2K I don't think the world will ever recover

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join