It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Operation 'Goldfish' - What Romneys VP Vetting Team Uncovered about Chris Christie

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
In 2012, Mitt Romneys team was vetting Vice Presidential candidates. They had to do so in a 'clean room' that was off the grid because Chinese hackers were stealing information. The vetters went 'off grid' and called their vetting program - Operation Goldfish. Each of the potential VP candidates they were vetting had nicknames.

Chris Christie - Pufferfish
Pawlenty - Lakefish,
Portman - Filet o Fish
Rubio - Pescado
Ryan - Fishconsin.

What the vetters found out about Chris Christie is very disturbing. (but not surprising). Christie has an attitude straight out of The Sopranos. This can be attractive to some folks, but it can also be dangerous. Run by executive order. YIKES. They all want to do it so perhaps Christie would fit in DC just fine. YIKES!

Romneys people described Christie as 'the biggest A.H. in the world'. That's because of his attitude, the difficulty working with him, and his continually being late to everything. Also Christies people demanded private jets, lavish spreads of food, space for a massive entourage.

Christies morbid obesity was an issue. The man could barely manage to walk the center aisle on the campaign bus. Christies doctors gave him an 'okay' but Romney wasn't convinced. (nor would I have been)

The Hunt for Pufferfish

The list of questions Myers and her team had for Christie was extensive and troubling. More than once, Myers reported back that Trenton’s response was, in effect, Why do we need to give you that piece of information? Myers told her team, We have to assume if they’re not answering, it’s because the answer is bad.

The vetters were stunned by the garish controversies lurking in the shadows of his record. There was a 2010 Department of Justice inspector general’s investigation of Christie’s spending patterns in his job prior to the governorship, which criticized him for being “the U.S. attorney who most often exceeded the government [travel expense] rate without adequate justification” and for offering “insufficient, inaccurate, or no justification” for stays at swank hotels like the Four Seasons. There was the fact that Christie worked as a lobbyist on behalf of the Securities Industry Association at a time when Bernie Madoff was a senior SIA official—and sought an exemption from New Jersey’s Consumer Fraud Act. There was Christie’s decision to steer hefty government contracts to donors and political allies like former Attorney General John Ashcroft, which sparked a congressional hearing. There was a defamation lawsuit brought against Christie arising out of his successful 1994 run to oust an incumbent in a local Garden State race. Then there was Todd Christie, the Governor’s brother, who in 2008 agreed to a settlement of civil charges by the Securities and Exchange Commission in which he acknowledged making “hundreds of trades in which customers had been systematically overcharged.” (Todd also oversaw a family foundation whose activities and purpose raised eyebrows among the vetters.) And all that was on top of a litany of glaring matters that sparked concern on Myers’ team: Christie’s other lobbying clients, his investments overseas, the YouTube clips that helped make him a star but might call into doubt his presidential temperament, and the status of his health.

Four nights later, on July 19, Myers’ team put the finishing touches on the Pufferfish vetting dossier. Included was a DVD with some of Christie’s most outlandish or unnerving YouTube hits: his castigating a pro-gay-marriage New Jersey assemblyman as “numb nuts,” his angrily berating a constituent while chasing him down the Seaside Heights boardwalk, brandishing an ice cream cone. But the main event was the 35-page written report titled “Chris Christie memo 71912 FINAL.

I"d like to read the 35 page written report - 'Chris Christie Memo 71912 FINAL' ...
I think that would be exceptionally interesting.
I'd bet Hillary's people would like to get their hands on it before she declares for 2016 ....

Anyways, sounds like Christie is a typical POTUS ... doesn't it??

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Well, there goes his hopes for a presidential run, thank god.

I think he is shady, but then they all are.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Stormdancer777
Well, there goes his hopes for a presidential run, thank god.

Oh .. I think he'll still run. He's been gearing up for it for a long while. The question is ... can he win the nomination?? Romneys vetting information is all there, and there will be 4 more years of corruption added on top of everything else that Romneys team found. If this all comes out it could sink Christie.

That's why I'd bet Hillary's folks are probably trying to hunt it down ... buy it ... whatever they have to do. Since he'll be her biggest competition in 2016. IMHO

I say .. screw 'em all. I wouldn't touch a (D) or an (R) except MAYBE Rand Paul.
Other than that ... I'm voting Libertarian or Independent.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   

FlyersFan
I say .. screw 'em all. I wouldn't touch a (D) or an (R) except MAYBE Rand Paul.
Other than that ... I'm voting Libertarian or Independent.

I would not vote for Rand Paul if you paid me -- he voted pro-GMO. As far as I'm concerned, that's voting anti-human.

Beyond that, I'm done with the utter sham that voting has become .... unless someone creates a "pitchfork party" or a "flush 'em all party".

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   

I don't like any of them.

So I guess we will be stuck with Hillary.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   

The idea of even thinking about who to vote for makes me feel like a fool.

If this administration has produced one truth it's that the constituents mean nothing to the shills being produced as a possible POTUS...Hillary Clinton ?? really ??
edit on 3-11-2013 by Battleline because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Battleline

possible POTUS...Hillary Clinton ?? really ??

Well if everyone sits back and does nothing she is exactly what we are going to get.

WE are so screwed

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Stormdancer777
reply to post by Battleline

possible POTUS...Hillary Clinton ?? really ??

Well if everyone sits back and does nothing she is exactly what we are going to get.

WE are so screwed

You are correct.

The fact that we now have a POTUS that has lied and deceived the American people worse then Nixon and nothing is being done gives me no hope that anything will change when it becomes time to "install" Hillary.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   

I love watching Republicans eating their own...the GOP is such a mess right now.

It would be a little more funny if it wasn't so dangerous...but the rabid zombie voters they have created are praising the dumbest and most extreme candidates they can find.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   

AlienScience
the rabid zombie voters they have created are praising the dumbest and most extreme candidates they can find.

... sounds just like the Democrats. Same/Same.

Anyways, I found the information about Operation Goldfish very interesting.
It wasn't surprising. Which is sad.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   

AlienScience

I love watching Republicans eating their own...the GOP is such a mess right now.

It would be a little more funny if it wasn't so dangerous...but the rabid zombie voters they have created are praising the dumbest and most extreme candidates they can find.

You forgot to add "SQWAAAUUUK!" to the end of the sentence.

Such a parrot.

You probably don't see that the Liberals eating their own either do you? But they must have a taste for rotten meat.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I don't think that Christie will have the required ground game to get the nomination. I still think that it'll be Santorum, as he came second last time and has a network of supporters already in place. Plus he's already on the rubber chicken circuit.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by AngryCymraeg

19th hole steering committees are hoping like hell that NM Gov. Susanna Martinez can kill two birds with one stone and try and lure Hispanic and women back to the GOP. They's mighty snakebit though cause Gov.Suz be draggin some heavy baggage with a name like Martinez. The knives will be out for the moderates, while the grass-roots, religious element will rise up and be a force cause they don't cotton to Mexicans. She steamrolled the New Mexico Governorship with enormous amounts of Texas oil money. She could pull this off nationally if she could get the nomination.

Even the mid terms are gonna be a great show.
edit on 3-11-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   

olaru12
reply to post by AngryCymraeg

19th hole steering committees are hoping like hell that NM Gov. Susanna Martinez can kill two birds with one stone and try and lure Hispanic and women back to the GOP. They's mighty snakebit though cause Gov.Suz be draggin some heavy baggage with a name like Martinez. The knives will be out for the moderates, while the grass-roots, religious element will rise up and be a force cause they don't cotton to Mexicans.

Even the mid terms are gonna be a great show.

Hell yes, it's going to be great fun watching the whole mess. Entrails everywhere.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Great find FF!

It will be really interesting to see how this plays out. Christie obviously has some heavy baggage (ummm...pun not intended), but he also has a lot of fans and drawing power.

I enjoy watching him. But then again I've always been a big cartoon fan.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

Oh I don't believe name could possibly be an issue. I present Barack Hussein Obama as a prime example.
Martinez. ...girl next door.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   

AngryCymraeg
I still think that it'll be Santorum,

I seriously don't think that he has a snowballs chance in *you know where* of being nominated.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
We should do some of our own vetting. Let's remember these are two guys looking to sell books and take their editing of events with a grain of salt. Remember too that Romney's team like Romney were probably super conservative and their own POV might color the picture just a bit.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   

FlyersFan

AngryCymraeg
I still think that it'll be Santorum,

I seriously don't think that he has a snowballs chance in *you know where* of being nominated.

It's an odd thing, but since 1980 (and with the exception of Dubya) the Republican nominee has been the runner-up from the last primary season. Given how much prep work modern politicians need to do, and given the fact that Santorum is already moving around in Iowa, I think that Santorum already sees himself as the frontrunner.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   

AutumnWitch657
reply to post by olaru12

Oh I don't believe name could possibly be an issue. I present Barack Hussein Obama as a prime example.
Martinez. ...girl next door.

Need I point out that Obama was elected by Libs. " Martinez" to a God fearing Christian Conservative is tantamount to being a drug running illegal stealing our jobs. Completely different mindset.
She was elected Gov. of NM because the state is 50/50 and she outspent her opponent 20 to 1.
The GOP has a ways to go before nominating a Hispanic for POTUS.

Cruz and Rubio are front runners currently but it's just smoke and mirrors to try and convey the big tent message. My money's on the Fat white guy. To many in the Conservative GOP Religious Right "Christie" has a nice ring to it. Don't discount the power or Rev. Pats followers.

<<   2 >>

join