It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WOW! Stone Hut on mars Sol 728 captured by Spirit rover ?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Xterrain

WHY DOES NO ONE PAY ANY ATTENTION TO THESE PICTURES OF TREES, LAKES, FORESTS, RIVERBEDS, AND DELTAS ON MARS!!!!!??????

www.marsanomalyresearch.com...

Many pay attention Xterrian 1 included, but may be awaiting better descriptions then currently shared...

ArMaP

Xterrain
WHY DOES NO ONE PAY ANY ATTENTION TO THESE PICTURES OF TREES, LAKES, FORESTS, RIVERBEDS, AND DELTAS ON MARS!!!!!??????

www.marsanomalyresearch.com...

BECAUSE THOSE ARE NOT TREES, LAKES, FORESTS OR RIVERBEDS.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

snrRog
I'm thinking that it must be really cool to build a house on the side of a hill, so everything inside rolls or slides to the lower edge.
I would think if they were smart, maybe they would build on a flat surface?
It really doesn't seem to me that the neighboring apartments were confining him to that space.

snrRog

just what i was thinking. Also it usually turns out these objects are much smaller then we are thinking.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Looks like a big rock to me. You can see the same type of texture on other rocks in the image.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Spacespider

Wow I so want this to be a hut but..if you look at the other rocks in the picture they have that same kind of light bouncing off them making it look like many smaller stones. I think it really is a trick of the light...but with that said.....what the hell is a big rock doing out there in the middle of all that.....it just looks to different and odd being there alone.

Great find.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

brace22
I believe this to be a real NASA photo so well done OP

But that whole photo looks odd. If you study the rocks they all seem..... Un natural to the landscape. As if they have been blended in. Maybe NASA stuck them in to make sure we think Mars is the same ALL over.

I dont know I am just speculating not stating.

I also had the thought that the "hut" could possibly what is left of the inflated module the rover travelled in? But that is a long shot as it's probably nowhere near there now. I don't know where the rover is in relation to where it started, but it was just a thought.

Given that Mars doesn't really have a thick atmosphere, every meteorite is more than not more likely to reach the ground. So there should be all kinds of metals and rocks on the surface. Say something did disintegrate in the atmosphere, then the rover could be in the central debris field, and the lump over there is the remnants of an expired comet core.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Intriguing picture but if you are seeing a "hut" here then you need to accept the closer to camera and smaller than you think theory....

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
so fake it hurts.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   

probably a grave marker of some poor alien explorer

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   

reject

probably a grave marker of some poor alien explorer

You know... the reason for piling rocks on top of wilderness graves is to keep predators from digging up the body! Naturally, we haven't been told a thing about the presence of this vital clue to possible Red Planet fauna.
Is there no end to NASA's perfidy?

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
i've just realized the irony of this: skeptics AND those who believe in E.T.'s can both agree that this is just a bunch of rocks, but disagree on what it means.

it's a very interesting picture to say the least. i've never seen weathering quite like that before, but then again, this is mars.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Signals
Intriguing picture but if you are seeing a "hut" here then you need to accept the closer to camera and smaller than you think theory....

Yes, the "hut" is just a 32 cm long rock, see this post.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

As you can see, this pic is of the same area but from a different angle. For the OP's pic, the Rover would have been sitting to the top - left of this pic and viewing toward the top of the dune or from the other side of this mound. Hence....it's a rock. As another member had suggested, go back to the site and look at the other shots that were taken from the same area at the same time. OP - you should have done the same

marsrover.nasa.gov...
edit on 3-11-2013 by Tasty Canadian because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-11-2013 by Tasty Canadian because: because I forget stuff dammit

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Dont you mean 2 stone huts?... given its identical to the same 'rock' that is mostly in frame on the left hand side about halfway down the image.

ie its a rock, a very weathered, pitted and large boulder. We have em here on earth as well. IF anything it would go to show that the same forces that make the stones like it on earth are also going on, on mars.

Thats whats actually interesting about all this. A world millions of kms from us has similar meteorological and geophysical forces going on. Its always comfortable to know that theres something familiar somewhere very unfamiliar.

edit on 3-11-2013 by BigfootNZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   

ArMaP

Signals

Yes, the "hut" is just a 32 cm long rock, see this post.

Clearly built by the mars hamsters imo.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   

That's awesome. I am sure that we will be finding a few more anomalies, if NASA doesn't hold back information from the public.

S&f great find.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
www.google.com...://www.newark.osu.edu/facultystaff/personal/jstjohn/Documents/JSJ-in-the-field_files/image141.jpg&imgrefurl=ht tp://www.newark.osu.edu/facultystaff/personal/jstjohn/Documents/JSJ-in-the-field.htm&usg=__riFYeXwqElCyp4I0pEkwwssQb1M=&h=404&w=471&sz=31&hl=en&start= 62&zoom=1&tbnid=8fDiXEd8k7fGZM:&tbnh=111&tbnw=129&ei=eN92UsiXJ6GMiAK30IGACQ&prev=/search%3Fq%3Doregon%2Bpumice%2Bdome%26start%3D60%26client%3Dfirefox- a%26sa%3DN%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US
fficial%26tbm%3Disch%26prmd%3Divnsb&itbs=1&sa=X&ved=0CC4QrQMwATg8

Take a look at some of these cool pictures. Rocks especially volcanic can do neat things.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Link corrected (I hope).

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Take a closer look at the photos, can you see the Pyramids ??

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   

If this is a real image from mars then it is a matter of having found a cairn of some kind, note the area around it appears almost cleared of stone's, I have seen this before but do not know if the image is real but if it is then it is in my humble opinion a artifact of non natural force, I did get carried away over a lense reflection on another thread though until the obvious was pointed out and then I felt like hiding behind a large woman to hide my embarrasment.
A ruin in the sahara would be so easy to make a false image of mars with a simple lense filter effect so I am open minded but not convinced,.

edit on 3-11-2013 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Looks like a jump ramp for the sand ships!

See how it tapers down the back side?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join