It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WOW! Stone Hut on mars Sol 728 captured by Spirit rover ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 06:10 AM
link   
This is very interesting. Yes there are small rocks with a similar lumpy/holey texture in the foreground, but if this was just a bigger rock of the same material, wouldn't the surface texture look smoother due to the distance it is from the lens?
What I do find interesting, and helps to support the view that it is indeed a hut assembled from rocks, is the lack of rocks on the terrain between the rock filled foreground and where the 'hut' is. Would such a rocky terrain naturally have such a sudden and sharp transition? Looks like the rocks that may have been strewn around like the ones in the foreground were made into the hut or giant rock pile.
edit on 3-11-2013 by CthulhuMythos because: Grammatical error correction

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   

breadinspector
John Lear states that there are 40 planets with life like earth in our solar system.
The ancient indian vedic texts say that all planets have life.

That too me definitely looks like a hut, and it looks like NASA slipped up, an image like this would usually be doctored to hide anything that looks like there is life on other planets.

Wonder why they leet this sleep thru, reminds me of the JPL incident where they forgot to color retouch mars's sky and it looked its original baby blue like earth as it should before NASA edits the photos.

There aren't 40 planets in our solar system. Did you mean galaxy? I don't mean to be condescending. Just asking for clarification...

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   
I hate to say it but its a rock.
Look at the one in the foreground to the left.... Same type of rock
Nice find though, OP. Keep hunting.....

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   
To me, this one's all about scale.

Looks to me like a "hardpan" type surface with a drifted sand dune partially obscuring a somewhat distant object that appears to be made of the obvious rocks we're seeing in the foreground of the image, with more hardpan or a bigger dune in the background. We know the edge of the drift is closer to the camera than the object, but the height of the drift is less than the object.

Indicating the edge of the dune, assuming the hardpan surface remains pretty much as seen in the foreground, and continuing the seemingly straight edges of the object, this is about what it might look like without the dune, to my eye.

Realistically, the smaller the dune is, the more likely it's a rock just like the ones we're seeing. But the further away it's assumed to be, and the larger the dune is in reality, that's where it starts to get more interesting.

So....

Are we looking at tiny rocks, and a very small dune and object, or are we looking at "hut building" sized rocks and a distant A-Frame?

Is there a way to tell?

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   
How in the bleep did Arken miss this one?
Someone is going to have to break it to him gently
or we're gonna have one grumpy Dane on our hands.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Bollocks....it's quite clearly a privet hedge, "A privet is a flowering plant in the genus Ligustrum. The genus contains about 50 species of erect, deciduous or evergreen shrubs, sometimes forming small or medium-sized trees,native to Europe, north Africa, Asia and Australasia,"....

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   
That's one huge pile of elephant feces if I ever saw one...

NASA is so busted.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Soloprotocol
Bollocks....it's quite clearly a privet hedge, "A privet is a flowering plant in the genus Ligustrum. The genus contains about 50 species of erect, deciduous or evergreen shrubs, sometimes forming small or medium-sized trees,native to Europe, north Africa, Asia and Australasia,"....

It looks like a very well-kept privet hedge (unlikely), or an ancient stone hut (more likely).

Brilliant find OP.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   

ArMaP

CAPT PROTON
Well, if that pic is real, and that rover doesn't drive over to check it out, then you know something is up. I hope it drives over there and a plaque reads, "Jimmy Hoffa".

The rover is not going back to that place, as that photo was taken some years ago and that rover got stuck in the sand and stopped communicating in 2011.

Don't you hate it when that happens?

On a serious note, do you know what - if anything - NASA had to say about this pic and that formation? I'm sure there were more than a few questions posed...

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
This is really interesting, although, I bet NASA will try to cover it up and tell the public its just a "natural occurring rock formation".

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Looks like "Pumice" to me a big lump of pumice.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   

xXSvenXx
Looks like "Pumice" to me a big lump of pumice.

I would check it for giant Alien foot skin.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Pritchard
This is really interesting, although, I bet NASA will try to cover it up and tell the public its just a "natural occurring rock formation".

So if they give any other explanation apart from it being some sort of alien structure it's a cover up? Can't really win can they...

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by xXSvenXx

It could be, but to me it looks too big to be pumice (unless its a giant formation of it, or the perspective from the camera is making it look huge.)

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Cynicaleye

I just think that if NASA did capture images of alien structures then they would not want the public to know about it. If OP is right in saying they "slipped up" then they will still try to cover it up.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Soloprotocol

Yes, indeed. It's a shrubbery.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I'd say it could be a larger version of the same pumice-like rock we see strewn around that same area.

Here are pictures taken than same day (sol 728) from the Nav-cam on Spirit. It shows that the are is littered with volcanic-type rocks -- similar in look to the object in question, albeit smaller:

Image Source:
marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Pritchard

I just think that if NASA did capture images of alien structures then they would not want the public to know about it. If OP is right in saying they "slipped up" then they will still try to cover it up.

Well if the pic has been floating around since 2006 like ArMap said, they aren't in any hurry to "cover it up".

Looks like pumice to me. There are/were volcanoes on Mars after all, Including the largest one in the solar system.
edit on 11/3/2013 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Spacespider

These photos discussed here in 2008 as Ancient Ruins Found on Mars!
You may be interested to read the original thread,
www.abovetopsecret.com...&mem=

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   

MysterX
This has done the rounds for a long time now.

It's been dubbed 'The cairn', like the piles of stones people stack up here on Earth.

Probably just conglomerate though...mores the pity.

That was my first thought-it looks like a cairn.
Whatever it is they have to check it out close up as it looks so different to the rest of the landscape.
Will they check it out though-and if they do will they share?

An interesting geological formation-at the very least!7

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join