It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why am I always so happy?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I'm optimistic to a fault.

I guess it's pretty annoying to some people, especially those who are in a constant state of outrage or crisis. I'm not blind, I see the issues people are concerned with but I don't let those issues dictate my life experience and I certainly don't let those issues become the theme of my personality.

I have made a conscious decision to participate in that which is nurturing and not participate in that which is toxic to the human condition. In the mundane realm I believe that every time I spend money I am casting a vote for what sort of world I want to live in. On a more esoteric level, I believe my internal dialogue shapes the assumptions that I make about the data that passes through the gates of my awareness.

I'm not any kind of guru, as a matter of fact, I may be one of the more ignorant members of this site. I don't believe it's my lot to change the world but I have changed one small part of it, my part.

Why do I make this thread? Last night (in real life), someone asked me why I'm always so happy and this is my way of trying to formulate an answer.

I see the world through rose colored glasses and I am at peace.
I make no apologies.

There is one thing I'm not entirely at peace with. Since the new ATS site was launched I have not been able to embed a youtube video. I've done it dozens of times in the past but can't make it work now.

Here is a nicely done, short animation about assumptions and perception.
It's about dealing with internal dialogue and finding peace.
www.youtube.com...

edit on 2-11-2013 by tanda7 because: real life

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
If you understood the true nature of the world those glasses wouldn't be so rosy.

It's nice that you shield yourself from the negative, but it means that when you crash, you'll crash hard.

Stand by for incoming.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Not saying it's like this, but I'll tell it anyway.

In a town I spent a good portion of my youth in were two folk we would all see quite often.

One was an older man that would walk around talking and mumbling to himself--always angry talk--while throwing his hands up in despair or karate chopping some imagined and hated obstacle.

The other was a rather obese 20-something who would literally skip down the streets singing, laughing, and clapping his hands with pure joy.

They were both utterly consistent.

Even at my young age, I decided, should it ever come to that: I wanna be the skippy, happy guy.

edit on 2-11-2013 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by tanda7

You are who you are. My mom is exactly the same way she could care less if the world was crashing down around her. She would just deal with it.........God I love that woman.....very strong.

I on the other hand was born skeptical and question everything. I could not turn a blind eye if I wanted to.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by tanda7

Some people are in complete denial about this world and
just think happy thoughts. Nothing wrong with that.
That is neither wise nor foolish. It is what it is.

It has also been noted, that some folks who have a low
intelligence are happier people. I guess all the thinking
and worrying that smart folks do drags them down.

Other people, including some mystics, observe that the
world is broken by design and doesn't need fixing at all.
Probably the happiest person I know believes this.

In short, I'd say that most people don't actually want to
be happy.. if they really did, they would remove all
the hindrances that keep them from being happy. Now
I understand that someone who is starving or diseased
or homeless can't necessarily be happy no matter what
they do.. and that sucks.

I'm just saying that it's far too easy to create our own
misery and far too difficult not to do that.

People who are ultra-aware of what's going on in the
world, are working to make a difference, but don't
let anything drag them down.. those are not common
people at all.

I am making no analysis of why you are happy.. I'm
happy for you that you are happy!

Just stream of consciousness here.. since you asked.

KPB

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by tanda7

Here is your video...

www.youtube.com...

In my experience, being happy is a choice we all can make. Even though poverty/illness can make happiness difficult.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
In my experience, happiness is frequently a choice on how you choose to approach the universe around you. edit: Olaru, great minds think alike, neh?

It doesnt mean that there is nothing to be done, or that everything is "perfect." Its just a foundation that we can choose to experience the world.

The issue is when we let such things, including sadness, prevent us from taking real, meaningful, and lasting action working towards a better tomorrow.
edit on 2-11-2013 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
You bring up a really important thing I even I forget to apply to myself. I used to be one of the most optimistic people - it would irritate people at times I think. I do believe I try to roll with resistance most of the time but I have personally found people can bring you down - drain you of that energy. I was unfortunate in that I was around that for a very long time - unavoidable. When people are in this position it takes a great deal of awareness to override it.

Research shows us that frame of mind is everything. If we think positive thoughts we attract positive things into our lives. If we see light in spite of darkness we are more resilient. It is really important to protect yourself from negative energy, while not becoming a person who writes off those is a dark place. I believe everyone can attain an optimistic outlook, but some need help (need role models or people who help them reshape their thinking). Everyone has the potential for both but thanks to people like you - maybe some spreading of adaptive thinking will take hold.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Serdgiam
In my experience, happiness is frequently a choice on how you choose to approach the universe around you. edit: Olaru, great minds think alike, neh?

It doesnt mean that there is nothing to be done, or that everything is "perfect." Its just a foundation that we can choose to experience the world.

The issue is when we let such things, including sadness, prevent us from taking real, meaningful, and lasting action working towards a better tomorrow.

Can one choose to be happy? Can one choose to think positively?
One only wants a better tomorrow if now appears to suck.
Is there anything wrong with right now..... unless you think about it in comparison to something other?

It is only when it is seen that nothing has to be done that peace will be known.
edit on 2-11-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I used to be really positive. People thought I was on drugs. Turned out I was bipolar and existing in the manic phase.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Dianec
Research shows us that frame of mind is everything. If we think positive thoughts we attract positive things into our lives. If we see light in spite of darkness we are more resilient. It is really important to protect yourself from negative energy, while not becoming a person who writes off those is a dark place. I believe everyone can attain an optimistic outlook, but some need help (need role models or people who help them reshape their thinking). Everyone has the potential for both but thanks to people like you - maybe some spreading of adaptive thinking will take hold.

Why not see that each thought is like a little miracle being born? Why the need to label them positive or negative?
You are what is seeing the arising - do not fear what arises and want other. It is that which thinks it can choose that is the suffering.
Watch the unconditioned arising - it is prior to any no. The no is the conflict.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Restricted
If you understood the true nature of the world those glasses wouldn't be so rosy.

It's nice that you shield yourself from the negative, but it means that when you crash, you'll crash hard.

Stand by for incoming.

I do not agree with you. There is nothing productive in being negative.

You be positive and at the same time very aware of what is happening around you.

You can not change what is happening or what has happened around the world, but you can change your reaction to it by accepting the fact that you can not change what is happening. Becoming angry at things what you can not change currently is extremely unproductive waste of energy.

Whining about the weather does not change the weather. Being angry with something that has already happened does not change what happened. You just have to deal with these things and as your negative emotions do not change anything, it is a waste of energy that could be used on something productive that could actually used to something productive that might eventually cause the change you want.

That is also one of the problems I see with many conspiracy theorists. They like to whine, whine and whine about what is happening spreading their hate and rage towards the government, corporations or some people around the internet, rather than focusing on trying to come up with and implement the solutions to the problems.

Focusing on the problems rather than solutions and being negative are waste of time. Accepting thay you can not change things immediately and not letting the things you hear affect your emotions both remove extra stess and let you focus on things important to you, whether your own and your family/friends or the solutions to the things you want to change for the better. Whining and being overly reactive towards the negative are the worst possible things a person can do.
edit on 2-11-2013 by Cabin because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Itisnowagain
Can one choose to be happy? Can one choose to think positively?

In my experience, yes and yes. edit: Though, like happiness and peace, I do not view "thinking positively" and "choosing happiness" to be synonymous.

In my experience, that is not true. If one is completely inundated in the duality itself though, perhaps it can not be seen.

Why does something have to "suck" to want to continue moving? If one is consciously moving through time, why not choose the direction and construction of the movement?

Is there anything wrong with right now..... unless you think about it in comparison to something other?

It is only when it is seen that nothing has to be done that peace will be known.

There is nothing "wrong" with right now. But, I will ask you the same question; Is there anything wrong with "right now" and "what is?" If not, then why post?

I do not perceive happiness and peace to be synonyms.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Serdgiam
Why does something have to "suck" to want to continue moving? If one is consciously moving through time, why not choose the direction and construction of the movement?

The moving never stops.
One is not moving through time - one is still seeing movement.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Serdgiam
There is nothing "wrong" with right now. But, I will ask you the same question; Is there anything wrong with "right now" and "what is?" If not, then why post?

Why would posting not happen? Posting does not happen because there is a sense that there is something wrong or something missing - posting just happens - it is what is.
Being expressing is neither right or wrong, good or bad - being is.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Serdgiam

Itisnowagain

In my experience, that is not true. If one is completely inundated in the duality itself though, perhaps it can not be seen.

The belief in tomorrow is duality. The idea that there is better is also duality.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
You are indeed 'The Creator' and it is up to You, what it is that You want to create. You choose the "happy side" of the street (Hi Neighbor.) Because that is what You "put out" that is what You retrieve, but even more. The more You use, the more You get back.

As was mentioned, the One member warning of a 'meltdown' and the other One mentioning the "negative".. If not mistaken that is how they appeared in Your thread? Anyway, if You reverse the order, if You don't label it as "Good" or "Bad" then You'd never have the fear of the aforementioned "meltdown"
Whenever I read "I don't judge anyBody" I wonder if the writer means besides 'judging' how much/little You judge.. ergo- There is no "good" or "bad" there just "is" and it is up to You, the Creator to make something out of "it" It reads as if You are getting along swimmingly, kudos! You are attracting the positive and KNOW that the Ones who don't believe in "it" are ALSO proving the point, that is the crux. Ever hear/read 'them' say/type "That krap doesn't work" They are proving "it" so their lost energy becomes Yours x x x

Beautiful. Uplifting, Then there is always Rule #2) What someOne thinks of You is none of Your business.

namaste

EDIT: That's funny. I just noticed Your avatar as I never pay any mind usually, but One of My spirit guides/totems is a single white bird. My current ecological niche is Flori-DUH and there are copious amounts of white birds that may fly other than in a flock, and I try and get out fishing in a position to see birds aplenty. Now I have a single white bird w/One spot,follow me and the dogs when we are out in the boat, which is oft. Anyways, Loved the post..
edit on 09/03/2013 by LewisStulePhD because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by tanda7

i am super thanks for asking
for everyone else it is the drink/drugs/sex and rock/n /roll

carry on
toodle pip

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Itisnowagain
The moving never stops.

Agreed.

One is not moving through time - one is still seeing movement.

I see our physical body to be moving through time. If it were still, then no aging would occur. I am not discussing the "grand scheme" of things, as it were.

Why would posting not happen? Posting does not happen because there is a sense that there is something wrong or something missing - posting just happens - it is what is.
Being expressing is neither right or wrong, good or bad - being is.

An interesting perspective. "Posting happens" did make me laugh.
If that is the case, that is all I am doing as well. Though, "Not posting happens" as well. While there may be no difference between the two in your perspective, do you feel it is up to your mind and fingers to formulate a response?

The belief in tomorrow is duality. The idea that there is better is also duality.

Agreed. Do you think duality is "wrong?"

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by tanda7

So what is wrong with going through life being happy anyway. Maybe the grouches that are asking you why you are so happy all the time should examine their own lives to see why they aren't enjoying life right.

If you want to get grouchy I can help by picking on you...until a mod gets mad at me and bans me... after which time nobody would be able to pry the smile off your face for years.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join