It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comet Ison 'Looking Odd'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

I could be wrong though, I could be reading the formulas wrong.

That may be. Did you read the post jedi linked?

Nutshell:

The number we want is the rate of acceleration due to gravity. This is the number that determines the shape of an orbit. That formula is the Gravitational Acceleration Formula:

g=GM/r^2

What happened to the second "M"? It goes away because we are combining two formulas; the formula for the force of gravity and the Universal law of gravitation.
www.physicsclassroom.com...

The shape of the orbit won't change. You can put a marble in an orbit the same radius as Earth and it will continue to follow that orbit (all other things being equal). We can thank Kepler for first showing us that fact and Newton for showing that it would happen no matter what solar system you were in. And let's not forget Galileo who figured out that the mass of an object does not affect how it falls.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by skyblueworld

MASSIVE WARNING

MASSIVE WARNING To Earth: They Are Coming! Extremely Disturbing Message Received Tonight!

Lyn Leahz | Before It’s News | 11-4-2013

I received this comment tonight on my post HERE. It seems this “Daniel” is very knowledgeable. I do believe him, but must point out, it sounds like we are also being set up for an alien Messiah, just as Tom Horn and Cris Putnam (Exo-Vaticana, Petrus Romanus) have warned us. His message is indeed very disturbing. Please check it out and take heed, because the things he says will happen are happening!

It is as follows:

I have posted at Beforeitsnews under different usernames. On youtube my name can be found under allondaniel. I am 12. For five months I have been posting exactly what they are, who they are, where they come from. All I get from you adult humans are arrogant responses like “what kind of pot do I smoke”, “am I insane?” and other stupid comments.

I told you all ISON would be redirected and it was. Never in the history of astronomy has this happened. It was confirmed by Russia, China, Great Britain and then NASA. NASA redacted this the next day and added that they suspected there may be other beings in unknown craft traveling with ISON. ISON has had two ships traveling with it for three months redirecting it away from earth. This was also confirmed.

I told you all there is nothing to fear from these ships. They are here to help. You are clearly not ready for the truth even though your President Obama was suppose to disclose the truth to you-He failed in this as in most other missions. The Vatican was also suppose to make an announcement but they feel their money coffers and believers will stop believing and they will lose control over you. The fact is your ELITE have royally screwed up. ISON would have been a cataclycmic event to earth had we not intervened. Now it will not be such an event. This is why the DUMBS were built.

They planned to ride out the cataclysm while the average joe american met his death. This was not our agreement when we gave you the tunnel boring advanced technology to create your underground cities. You were suppose to allow the average man and animals entrance in to the underground cities and you did not. There is no Nibiru, no mini solar system. You can believe that if you want but they do not exist.

Your problem is you in the USA especially have a very corrupt leadership who only cares about themselves, their power and control. This will not be allowed anymore and we are here to see to it that changes are made. For many many years we have tried to deal with your adult government leadership to no avail-THEY ARE BEYOND CORRUPT AND REDEMPTION!

You have taken the technology we gave you for good purposes and turned them in to weapons you are not ready for and are using them for death. This will not be allowed any more. Your USA Government is in the process of “culling” your population.” They refer to you as “useless eaters.” We call them parasites of earth. We will not allow you to destroy our earth. We were here thousands of years before you and this will not be allowed anymore. We will now deal with your elites. Then we will groom intelligent children of earth to become the future leaders of earth.

This is what they have planned for you. There are many plans but here are the main items:

(1) Devalue the US Currency (2) Create civil war (3) create WWIII in Syria and Iran (4) Poison your major water supplies (5) Shut off your food supply (6) Quaranteen your cities so you will fight it out and terminate each other while they wait outside the cities while you fight each other for food, gas and water to survive. This will all be done in the dark as they planned on using ISON as a red herring which they planned on blaming a massive CME to knock out the grid when in fact they plan to detonate an EMP. (7) They also plan on eliminating all of the populace on the Eastern and Western Coastlines by detonating underwater tsunami nuke bombs. (This is how they came up with the future Navy Map of the USA you all like to look at so much). In addition, they planned to do the same in the Indian ocean and Pacific Ocean where all of W. Europe populations on the coast would be eliminated.(8) If that isn’t enough for you they have in their arsenal a pandemic which would finish any remaining humans leaving 5% of the world’s population still alive to carry on as their slaves.

We told you there were thousands of these ships. NASA and others reported UFO ships docked on the back side of the moon. This is true. It is also true both the Moon and Mars have been colonized for hundreds of thousands of years. There are even some trusted humans there but not many as you can’t be trusted. Look at the BP oil spill which has contaminated the Gulf, The Gulfstream and even slowed the Gulfstream almost to a stop in N. Carolina.

Look at Fukashima. The earthquake was no accident. It is all part of the ELITES as you refer to them, part of their grand plan they have for you. We have been warning you for years and warning you in very great detail for a year but you do not listen. You wait for your rapture. Now, I will tell you as a messenger delivering a message that one person told me was fantasy while he digs underground and builds bunkers for people who can pay his fee to ride out the storm like the ELITES-you just have to have the money first. For the last time we are telling you this is their plan for you.

Either do something about it or don’t come to us after it is too late. We will save earth. Whether we help you adults is a different story all together. We are tired of your irresponsibility, arrogance and “non acceptance to us and to human who may be different than you. These are their plans. You can challenge me or you can look at all the Executive Orders which if enacted will unlawfully take away all of your rights as people of your country and of earth. Add it all together and see if what we are saying makes sense to all of you. Find former military leaders who have been dismissed because they stood up for the Constitution of your country and for you. Go to them and ask them to make a plan NOW as time runs short. We have already stopped many detonations. You must help yourselves before we will help you any more.

Daniel
______beforeitsnews/prophecy/2013/11/massive-warning-to-earth-they-are-coming-extremely-disturbing-message-received-tonight-includes- video-2455312.html

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Terims

BIN isn't considered a valid news source on ATS.
at all.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Terims

Please, anything from beforeitnews is just rubbish, and i'm pretty sure the site is banned or frowned upon, from being linked onto ATS.

And that would appear to be one very Intelligent 12 year old boy to of written the way he has.

ETA:

You have taken the technology we gave you for good purposes and turned them in to weapons you are not ready for and are using them for death.

Is he channeling here? seems like he's speaking from a 3rd person perspective? either way I'll just move along...
edit on 4-11-2013 by skyblueworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Terims

I don't care that the message was posted in Before it was News. I care about the message itself.
It goes along with other messages "they" have been sending out to others saying we need to be prepared. Time is running out.
The fact he is 12 years old doesn't matter to me either. Children are much more "receptive" psychically than most adults.

I heard a spiritual teacher on t.v. at the beginning of this year say this is the "year of the children". He said children would be rising up and doing amazing things that would astonish adults... miracles, prophecy, etc.

Thank you for sharing that with us.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
As jedi_hamster says, the mass of the comet doesn't affect its orbit. No matter how you try to contradict it, no matter how you reason, the celestial mechanics tell otherwise. We have been using them for hundreds of years, and they have never let us down (if you don't count the more precise measurements that are subject to Einstein's Relativity).

The comet's mass is so insignificant compared to the mass of the Sun, it can be ignored. The Sun and its gravity are the player here, not the comet. Just like a feather and a hammer fall at the same rate on the Moon, all Solar System bodies fall (orbit) around the Sun at the same rate, depending on their distance from the Sun.

If things orbited depending on their mass, a spacewalking astronaut would find himself drawn away from the space station. But that doesn't happen; the astronaut and the space station orbit (i.e. fall around the Earth) at the same rate.

To answer rickymouse's question, the original gravity equation has two masses affecting each other: F = G*m1*m2/r^2
But when one of the masses is significantly smaller than the other, you can ignore it, and just use the dominant mass to calculate how the smaller mass is attracted: F = G*m1/r^2 where in this case m1 is the mass of the Sun.

To quote Phage's excellent post: "The shape of the orbit won't change. You can put a marble in an orbit the same radius as Earth and it will continue to follow that orbit (all other things being equal). We can thank Kepler for first showing us that fact and Newton for showing that it would happen no matter what solar system you were in. And let's not forget Galileo who figured out that the mass of an object does not affect how it falls. "
edit on 4-11-2013 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by wildespace

QUESTION..... IS THE COMET GOING TO DISTROY EARTH OR JUST WRECK EVERYTHING...

WHAT DID IT DO TO MARS WITH THIS"IT TURNED MARS INTO A COMET""

JUST ASKING?

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

To quote Phage's excellent post: "The shape of the orbit won't change. You can put a marble in an orbit the same radius as Earth and it will continue to follow that orbit (all other things being equal).

When I read that my first thought was STEREO. They're pretty much proof of that.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   

F4Driver

QUESTION..... IS THE COMET GOING TO DISTROY EARTH OR JUST WRECK EVERYTHING...

WHAT DID IT DO TO MARS WITH THIS"IT TURNED MARS INTO A COMET""

JUST ASKING?

I'm not entirely sure what you're asking with the second line to be honest, but no, it's neither going to destroy Earth or wreck everything. People seem to lose all common sense every time a comet comes around.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Terims

I just had to see the source 'BIN' when I stopped reading. I believe BIN is taboo around here because it's a proven hoax source.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
This comet is strange and mysterious in both scientific ways and speculation aspects. The real truth is either way we don't know much about some things, we can form theories and do math or speak of the visions of children with you tube accounts and ancient manuscripts thrice translated until we're all blue in the face This is probably just a comet in the end, an odd and once in a lifetime celestial event lighting up the skies and the speculation makes for a nice respite from the oddities of life, but no-one really has a full handle on this ISON..not the science fascinationists nor the alien/doomsday brigade.
I say let's just enjoy the light show and see what happens, otherwise it's all pure speculation.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by waverlyhills

If it looks like a comet, and quacks like a comet... then it's most definitely a comet.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 03:23 AM
link   
There's no dust increases with the increase in gases released because those gasses are part of an intelligently designed propulsion system!

I'm more than prepared to take them to my leader! Mr. President, some aliens would like to have a word with you; and if they sense you are being dishonest, they're going to eat your brains! Then we would know once and for all if our politicians are INTENTIONALLY full of lies or not.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 03:42 AM
link   

We should be careful about the difference between mass and density.

I tend to agree with the hypothesis that the densest object in all of the universe is also the smallest, by scale not by mass. By mass it may well be the largest object, but it's density is so impacted it continually collapses on it self; and is so dense that not even particles of light can escape it.

An analogy of sorts to explain the concept: A thousand yard wide rock composed entirely of iridium will have a much greater gravitational coefficient than a half mile wide rock made of phosphorous. And to think we have discovered all of the elements is to believe that we have discovered the composition of every single galaxy; let alone every galaxy...

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

I openly admit my ignorance of this phenomenon. Knowing however, the impact our smaller moon has on our tides and knowing that, depending on it's position, it can completely block out the rays of our sun; what impact will the larger faster moving ISON on have on our beautiful diminutive planet?

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   

NightSkyeB4Dawn
reply to post by JayinAR

I openly admit my ignorance of this phenomenon. Knowing however, the impact our smaller moon has on our tides and knowing that, depending on it's position, it can completely block out the rays of our sun; what impact will the larger faster moving ISON on have on our beautiful diminutive planet?

ISON may be smaller than the Moon. I've seen the comet estimated to be between 1,000 and 4,000 km. The Moon is about 3400 km. Either way, the Moon is only about 250k miles away. ISON, not that close.

The closest it will come to Earth will be about 40 million miles on Dec. 26.

news.discovery.com...
edit on 5-11-2013 by DenyObfuscation because: can't write

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   

wildespace
reply to post by waverlyhills

If it looks like a comet, and quacks like a comet... then it's most definitely a comet.

I learned something new today, comets can quack. I read about the sun making them crack up but that just didn't make sense, I never heard the sun tell a joke.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by jedi_hamster

You will find with that attitude, which goes hand in hand with putting you in with the " I believe in only vetted mainstream media sources" that you do NOT speak for ATS Community as a whole, we do not care about "official sources" anymore than you can prove the physics calculations you are quoting as Bible truth, do not change with every passing whim. (comet) ??

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   

jedi_hamster
reply to post by JayinAR

no, it won't. i had this discussion with Phage on another thread not so long ago, but i was wrong back then. simply, you don't understand the math behind this.

think about it this way: when a celestial body (with huge mass) has no atmosphere, an object will fall on that body's surface with the same speed, acceleration and path, regardless if it's 1kg (or 1000000kg) of steel or jellybean. the only difference (visible here on earth for example) is caused by the atmosphere.

think about it as a free fall. ISON's mass is too small compared to sun's, so it is ISON that 'falls' on the sun, not the other way around. and in that case, only sun's mass matters - and ISON's current vector (direction and speed).

Isn't it interesting when phage appears on a thread everyone is automatically wrong and Phage's answers accepted as gospel.

And for everyone here discussing ISON, comets are notorious for being unpredictable. The effects of a comets approach totally depends on the make up of the comet.

If the comet is made up of a mix of dirty water and various frozen gases then there is quite likely to be a show, if the comet is of significant size.

But without going out there an taking a sample from the tail, you are never certain what the comet's makeup is... Hence the unpredictability of comets.

My question is why did the media pump up this comet so much that it has now clearly led some to be disappointed somehow.

Peace,

Korg.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by GenerationGap

ever heard of black holes?

also, what does your pseudo-scientific mumbo-jumbo have to do with ISON's orbit? it's mass would have to be really huge to change the calculations. are you suggesting that ISON is a spaceship with black hole - based propulsion system eating dust?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join