It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Utah Woman Gives Birth to a 14lb. Baby!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   
OMG!! Poor mom!

My mother gave birth to all large babies, me included, but this one wins the prize!

Congratulations to the mother. I'm happy everything turned out okay.

A Utah mom has been shopping for larger diapers after giving birth to a 14-pound baby boy.
Sara Brandon gave birth to her son, Joel Brandon Jr., or "J.J.," by cesarean section last May and was shocked by his size, especially since her last ultrasound estimated his weight as closer to 11 pounds.
"When they stuck him on the scale he was 14 pounds even," Brandon told ABCNews.com. "The doctor said it was the biggest baby he had ever delivered."

Apparently this is extremely rare... I in 100,000!
This baby beat the odds at 14 lbs. exactly!

Barbieri said approximately one out of 1,000 babies could weigh 11-pounds, and one out of every 100,000 could weigh 14 pounds. A 14-pound baby, he said, is extremely rare, because usually a doctor will induce labor if a baby appears oversize.

Read the full story here:
gma.yahoo.com...

edit on 11/2/2013 by sled735 because: add comment

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   
My goodness that's a huge bundle of joy
, my twins were 12 pound combined and that was tough enough to lug a belly around that big.

I'm sure she will be compensated with lots if chunky cuddles from this 'little' fella. Glad all worked out but 14 pounds... OMG lol, poor women.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   
How does this kind of thing even happen? Did the mother eat wrong or something?

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by neobludragon

No, what a pregnate women eats or doesn't eat has pretty much no bearing on the size of a baby. Genetics can play a roll as well as some illnesses such as diabetes.

I've known women that have had terrible " morning sickness" and hardly eaten to have still grown very large babies. Or women that eat everything and still have small babies.

As it says in the link :

According to Dr. Robert Barbieri, chief of obstetrics and gynecology at Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston, J.J. was more likely to be oversize because Brandon has type 1 diabetes.
"An interesting effect of insulin, if it's not taken in a sufficient amount, the glucose remains high, and the baby's glucose starts to rise," said Barbieri. "It's like giving the baby fertilizer and it grows very large."

P:S there is also a gestational type of diabetes that can show in the mother during the pregnancy and then resolve its self after birth.

edit on 2-11-2013 by feelingconnected because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Wow. This kid is going to end up 6 foot 8 and 360 playing for the Detroit Lions in 20 years
edit on 2-11-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by feelingconnected

So then wouldn't it be better if women with type 1 diabetes not to get pregnant?

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   
she eated a genertically modified organ. And it turned into asuperbaby!!

I think I heard the screaming from over here, too.. wow!

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by neobludragon

Yeah. They've got no right!

-_-

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by denybedoomed

Considering the effects, they shouldn't.

new topics

top topics

join