It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'We don't just rescue two-legged victims': Touching moment firefighters save dog from flood water

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
'We don't just rescue two-legged victims': Touching moment firefighters save dog from flood waters

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... cX

Two firefighters with the Austin Fire Department were pictured saving a dog from flood waters in central Texas yesterday. The department posted the picture of firefighters Matt Harvey and Michael Cooper with the animal to their Facebook page, saying: 'We don't just rescue two-legged victims...we love our four legged friends as well. The animal looks like it's been through a lot, and clings to one of the firefighters as if they're hugging.

Had to put this up here as it just shows for me as a dog lover, a great and happy ending at least for one of the many who were affected by the flood.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by scotsdavy1

love this. the dog seems so completely trusting and grateful.

I don't have an animal (just stray cats I feed) but the more I see and read of dogs, I wish I were more an animal person. I am surely missing out.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   
My dog looks to me to feed and water him, take him out and virtually do everything for him and I don't mind a bit.
When he wants to go outside the back to do his business , he comes up to me and smiles in his way, sits down and gives me a paw. How could I refuse him regardless of the time of day? Love him to bits...

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
That is a touching picture. I can just imagine them putting him on the ground and the dog shaking himself off, everyone getting soaked, people yelling 'hey!', but then the dog's tail takes over before the animal itself tests his footing as he begins to run around.

new topics

top topics

join