It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amnēstia - Amnesia and Amnesty are Related

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
My attempt here is to give you an understanding that you will not get from any other source. This is a much deeper understanding than the mere surface meaning of scripture. What I am attempting to do is show you the abstract meaning of hidden symbolism. Receive it or ignore it. It is your choice.

If you think of a pendulum swinging, consider the three movements that are possible. When the pendulum is at rest, opposite movement is at a neutral position. A pendulum in motion swings equally between opposites. There is a very interesting aspect to life that I have noticed matching this movement of opposites.

One of the clearest examples I have used often here on ATS is smoking and working out in a gym. A body at rest is in a neutral position. Taking a substance into the body generally affects the body in some way. For instance, if you smoke, you generally suffer health problems. Moving this motion in the opposite direction, you can gain health by expending energy and suffering work. One swing of this activity takes a reward that ends in suffering. The other swing of the pendulum suffers first, ending in reward. The trick is to create a balancing point which nets a surplus. Overeating will cause health problems. Over exercise will do the same. Balancing what is taken in with what is expended maximizes potential. Keep this use of natural law in mind.

In Greek and Latin, the word Amnēstia has two meanings in most languages. On one side, it is Amnesia, or forgetting what you know. On the other end, it is Amnesty, or someone forgetting the law you have broken. Amnesty is a granting of grace. In this case, your transgression is forgotten.

I was thinking on this earlier today. Is there a reciprocal relationship to Amnēstia that can be compared to our understanding of suffering as it relates to sin and judgment?

Not too long ago, I discovered a chain of words in Greek and Latin that relate to the Hebrew word AMN, which is our English word AMEN. Here are the definitions and related meanings.

AMN in Hebrew means TRUE. It means, "let it be so."

AMN in Greek and Latin is Lamb

Why are there two meanings East and West? Consider the Pendulum. Consider the Hebrews and Gentiles. Why does the Bible tell us of the swing between each direction? Can the Gentile be saved by the Hebrew savior? How? Based on what I say here, you will come to realize.

AMNi is River, like the river of life.

AMNio is the bowl catching the sacrificial blood of a lamb in ancient Roman culture. It is also the same word as AMNion, which is the sac covering the baby in the mother's womb. The meaning is related by the nature of where the lamb is located. AMNio is outside the womb. AMNion is inside. Keep this in mind as you relate this to the pendulum and to the word Amnēstia.

AMNiotic fluid is the water of the mother's womb.

AMNesia is the condition of the water. Adding sia to any word in Latin creates a condition. It is the state of not remembering for the individual.

AMNesty is when a governing agent forgets your transgression and grants a person absolution from the requirements and penalty of a law. It includes the rights of citizenship in most cases.

dAMNation is then Amnesty in opposite. This is when the authorities do not forget.

Here is where we put it all together. Go back to the reciprocal nature of suffering above. Taking reward ends in suffering. Suffering on purpose results in developing reward. Now, relate this to the overall chain of meaning and compare all of this to God's judgment of the human lamb (Sheep). What is the Shepherd leading us to do? Give to others. What is given must first be earned. Giving comes in many forms, but always requires the giver to suffer loss of something. We first earn something (also possible to receive), then give it away to another person. Love can be given. Respect can be given. Honor can be given. Food, clothing, shelter, safety can all be given. In each of these cases, what is given can also be withheld or stolen.

What is the judgment of God's law in this matter? When we judge others (remember their failures), the Bible says God does not forget our own failures. Judge not lest ye be judged. In the same manner you judge others, you will also be judged. In other words, if you fail to forget, God will remember your sin. If you forgive and forget, God does the same for you.

Go back to Amnesia and Amnesty. Amnesia is when you forget, much like the life we live. If we have lived before, we do not remember. Humanity does not remember their past. Why is this? Go back to Amnesty. When we are forgiven (simply by asking God), He forgets our sin. He is faithful and just to forgive. Why does He do this? When we remember our own sin, we ask forgiveness. In this case, God forgets. When we remember the sins of others, God remembers our own sin.

Where, then, does dAMNation come in (the removal of the AMN / Lamb)? The Bible states that a lack of faith in God is damnation for the soul. A lack of belief in God is His damnation of our ability to live forever. If we do not determine God to be faithful and True (AMN), then our AMN is determined to be unfaithful. It is a reciprocal relationship. To be faithful, we must be trusted. God CAN be trusted. Can we? Love requires a relationship of mutual benefit.

Sort it out. Use what I have said to see why this is so. It is a perfect truth that reveals why God demands love from us and for others. We must love others as we love ourselves. If not, we have no part in his Kingdom. Why? God is love.

1 John 4

7 Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. 8 Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. 9 This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. 10 This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. 11 Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. 12 No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us.

My question is this: Why does love make us complete? Use the reasoning above. Is there a solid foundation for the truth in 1 John 4? Go back to the Old Testament. Why was God invariable and harsh to the people? Why was Christ the example of love? Is there a contradiction? What is the end result for humanity?

The answer is: You become what you love. If it is only yourself, then you only have yourself as a savior. If we love God, we have His awesome wisdom, truth and power as our advocate.

Love covers a multitude of sin. Like respect, love must be mutual. God demands that we even love our enemies. Suffer on purpose if you want reward to follow.

edit on 1-11-2013 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-11-2013 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

Suffer on purpose if you want reward to follow.

What a great life lesson. Don't worry about being happy, just make yourself suffer! Quit your job, leave your family behind, don't look for joy, just suffer, you'll be rewarded for it...... someday, maybe, hopefully.

If you make yourself suffer, how can you know love? Love brings joy, not suffering, so how can you say that love covers a multitude of sins then turn around and tell people to shun that love in favor of them purposefully making themselves suffer?

This is a dangerous teaching you're trying to promote, a teaching that should not be listened to. Find love, not suffering because if you choose to suffer, you are playing right into TPTB's hands.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 05:12 AM
link   

3NL1GHT3N3D1

This is a dangerous teaching you're trying to promote, a teaching that should not be listened to. ...

3NL1GHT3N3D1

I agree with you on almost nothing however this point is very valid of the spirit of this post.

First ....forgiveness is not amnesty.Forgiveness in the scriptures 99.99% of the time means freed from bondage.It is not amnesty or a pardoning of guilt.EVERYONE is 100% accountable for their guilt.Judgment is always meted out JUSTLY even when it isn't known.(and I don't means by human judicial systems).

Grace does not mean forgiveness ..damnation has nothing to do with amen....damnation is the translation of the Greek krima which means judgment(it doesn't signify good or bad) or krisis which means a separating , a turning point....this is all very simple basic stuff not the convoluted mess of religion theology of exegesis .

Truly I say to you, Whoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter in.
edit on 2-11-2013 by Rex282 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   

No offense, but it feels like all your threads are the same with different titles.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   

3NL1GHT3N3D1

Suffer on purpose if you want reward to follow.

What a great life lesson. Don't worry about being happy, just make yourself suffer! Quit your job, leave your family behind, don't look for joy, just suffer, you'll be rewarded for it...... someday, maybe, hopefully.

Here is a good example of your twisting of what is said. You do this each time you reply to my thread. Suffering is the work you do FOR others. Working a job (Suffering the work) brings reward. This is the point of the thread. Let's examine how you have twisted the OP.

You say, "What a great life lesson. Don't worry about being happy, just make yourself suffer! Quite you job, leave your family behind, don't look for joy, just suffer, you'll be rewarded for it..."

There. Take a look. You have twisted what I said. Here is what I actually said. Let me flip you deception back to it's true intent.

One of the clearest examples I have used often here on ATS is smoking and working out in a gym. A body at rest is in a neutral position. Taking a substance into the body generally affects the body in some way. For instance, if you smoke, you generally suffer health problems. Moving this motion in the opposite direction, you can gain health by expending energy and suffering work. One swing of this activity takes a reward that ends in suffering. The other swing of the pendulum suffers first, ending in reward. The trick is to create a balancing point which nets a surplus. Overeating will cause health problems. Over exercise will do the same. Balancing what is taken in with what is expended maximizes potential. Keep this use of natural law in mind.

Clearly, taking reward ends in suffering. Your comments above reflect the person who takes the easy way out. Like smoking, it ends in suffering. When you WORK a job, you gain reward. Your family gains reward. Everyone benefits. When you smoke, you spend your money on self-gratifying behavior that is a reflection of every choice you make in life. Your family suffers. In essence, you walk away from what is best for them and you both.

Really, you embarrass yourself by twisting these threads. People are smart enough to see through it.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Rex282

3NL1GHT3N3D1

This is a dangerous teaching you're trying to promote, a teaching that should not be listened to. ...

3NL1GHT3N3D1

I agree with you on almost nothing however this point is very valid of the spirit of this post.

First ....forgiveness is not amnesty.Forgiveness in the scriptures 99.99% of the time means freed from bondage.It is not amnesty or a pardoning of guilt.EVERYONE is 100% accountable for their guilt.Judgment is always meted out JUSTLY even when it isn't known.(and I don't means by human judicial systems).

Grace does not mean forgiveness ..damnation has nothing to do with amen....damnation is the translation of the Greek krima which means judgment(it doesn't signify good or bad) or krisis which means a separating , a turning point....this is all very simple basic stuff not the convoluted mess of religion theology of exegesis .

Truly I say to you, Whoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter in.
edit on 2-11-2013 by Rex282 because: (no reason given)

You cannot serve others apart from suffering for them. Christ was the highest example we have of the suffering servant. God pardons our sin completely and sets us free. Your words do not, in any way, reflect the truth of scripture.

Romans 4

4 What then shall we say that Abraham, our forefather according to the flesh, discovered in this matter? 2 If, in fact, Abraham was justified by works, he had something to boast about—but not before God. 3 What does Scripture say? “Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness.”[a]

4 Now to the one who works, wages are not credited as a gift but as an obligation. 5 However, to the one who does not work but trusts God who justifies the ungodly, their faith is credited as righteousness. 6 David says the same thing when he speaks of the blessedness of the one to whom God credits righteousness apart from works:

7 “Blessed are those
whose transgressions are forgiven,
whose sins are covered.
8 Blessed is the one
whose sin the Lord will never count against them.”

AMNESTY - "A pardon extended by the government to a group or class of persons, usually for a political offense; the act of a sovereign power officially forgiving certain classes of persons who are subject to trial but have not yet been convicted"

John 2:1–2

My little children, I am writing this to you so that you may not sin; but if any one does sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous; and he is the expiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the sins of the whole world.

Faith is required to engage with the advocate. We must entrust ourselves to Him. He must entrust Himself to us. How do we achieve this mutual relationship, which is what the OP is all about?

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   

sk0rpi0n

No offense, but it feels like all your threads are the same with different titles.

Invariable. Yes. They all state the same truth. This thread, if you read closely, gives away an amazing truth. When I find these truths, I put them here. All things revolve around one central hub. I am continually showing this center point as clearly as I can. It is more important for a later date. For now, it's simply a novelty. In your case, maybe an annoyance.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   

You're right, I did over exaggerate a little bit, I apologize for blowing it out of proportion.

I do not believe that helping others is suffering, helping others is an act of love. Love brings joy, suffering brings pain. If you feel like helping others is somehow you suffering, then you must find it to be a burden and you're probably not a very good person on the inside. That isn't directed at you by the way, just a general statement.

Classifying helping others as "suffering" is not a very good analogy on your part. I don't know whether that was intentional on your part, but it kind of rubbed me the wrong way, which is why I responded the way I did. Why not call it "helping" instead of "suffering"? I think that would clear up the confusion.

Or maybe helping others means good works are what save, which is why you chose not to word it that way?

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

You're right, I did over exaggerate a little bit, I apologize for blowing it out of proportion.

I do not believe that helping others is suffering, helping others is an act of love. Love brings joy, suffering brings pain. If you feel like helping others is somehow you suffering, then you must find it to be a burden and you're probably not a very good person on the inside. That isn't directed at you by the way, just a general statement.

This is because your understanding is selfish by nature. We are all this way until we get the true point. Suffering is that point. Read and listen to what is said.

Luke 6:31-36

31 Do to others as you would have them do to you. 32 "If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? Even 'sinners' love those who love them. 33 And if you do good to those who are good to you, what credit is that to you? Even 'sinners' do that. 34 And if you lend to those from whom you expect repayment, what credit is that to you? Even 'sinners' lend to 'sinners,' expecting to be repaid in full. 35 But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked. 36 Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful.

Would you need to suffer if it required you to swallow your pride and give, even to your enemies? God expects you to suffer, just as Christ suffered for us. Suffering for loved ones is the sign you love them. Suffering for your enemies is a sign you get God's point to mankind. We must do more than simply loving the ones we love. Even the sinners do this.

John 10:17
17 The reason my Father loves me is that I lay down my life-only to take it up again.

John 12:25
25 The man who loves his life will lose it, while the man who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life.

John 13:1
1 It was just before the Passover Feast. Jesus knew that the time had come for him to leave this world and go to the Father. Having loved his own who were in the world, he now showed them the full extent of his love.

HOW? He laid down his life for the Gentiles as well. He loved Israel, but went beyond this love for his family. He put down his life for his enemies, even the Romans. Did he suffer?

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Or maybe helping others means good works are what save, which is why you chose not to word it that way?

Our works are only a reflection of our faith. It's not about us, but about Christ. If our works could save us, then there is no need for a savior. This does not mean our works are not necessary. Faith without works is dead.

edit on 2-11-2013 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   

So what about someone who has no faith but does the work? What are their works a reflection of?

There are plenty of people who have faith but do not do good works, what is their selfishness a reflection of? Don't tell me they don't have faith in Jesus and his sacrifice either, because they usually do.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   

3NL1GHT3N3D1

So what about someone who has no faith but does the work? What are their works a reflection of?

There are plenty of people who have faith but do not do good works, what is their selfishness a reflection of? Don't tell me they don't have faith in Jesus and his sacrifice either, because they usually do.

My answer will always be to read the Bible for yourself.

James 2

2 My brothers and sisters, believers in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ must not show favoritism. 2 Suppose a man comes into your meeting wearing a gold ring and fine clothes, and a poor man in filthy old clothes also comes in. 3 If you show special attention to the man wearing fine clothes and say, “Here’s a good seat for you,” but say to the poor man, “You stand there” or “Sit on the floor by my feet,” 4 have you not discriminated among yourselves and become judges with evil thoughts?

5 Listen, my dear brothers and sisters: Has not God chosen those who are poor in the eyes of the world to be rich in faith and to inherit the kingdom he promised those who love him? 6 But you have dishonored the poor. Is it not the rich who are exploiting you? Are they not the ones who are dragging you into court? 7 Are they not the ones who are blaspheming the noble name of him to whom you belong?

8 If you really keep the royal law found in Scripture, “Love your neighbor as yourself,”[a] you are doing right. 9 But if you show favoritism, you sin and are convicted by the law as lawbreakers. 10 For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it. 11 For he who said, “You shall not commit adultery,” also said, “You shall not murder.”[c] If you do not commit adultery but do commit murder, you have become a lawbreaker.

12 Speak and act as those who are going to be judged by the law that gives freedom, 13 because judgment without mercy will be shown to anyone who has not been merciful. Mercy triumphs over judgment.

14 What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save them? 15 Suppose a brother or a sister is without clothes and daily food. 16 If one of you says to them, “Go in peace; keep warm and well fed,” but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it? 17 In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.

18 But someone will say, “You have faith; I have deeds.”

Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by my deeds. 19 You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder.

20 You foolish person, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless[d]? 21 Was not our father Abraham considered righteous for what he did when he offered his son Isaac on the altar? 22 You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did. 23 And the scripture was fulfilled that says, “Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness,”[e] and he was called God’s friend. 24 You see that a person is considered righteous by what they do and not by faith alone.

25 In the same way, was not even Rahab the prostitute considered righteous for what she did when she gave lodging to the spies and sent them off in a different direction? 26 As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead.

---Rahab lied in this story. I might point that out. Was her lie a sin? What were her works? When Christ gleaned grain and healed on the Sabbath, was it a sin? Again, read for yourself and determine the truth based on the evident nature of goodness vs. evil; righteous vs. self-righteousness; giving vs. wickedness / stealing.

You are asking what constitutes the difference between the prostitute and the sinner thinking they are doing good. Who was the prostitute working for? Who were the spies working for? Compare to the others who were working against. What is the difference between a constitution and prostitution? Stitute means to make stand.

edit on 2-11-2013 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

top topics

join