It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Celebrated Physician: Fukushima has humanity “on brink of a possible worldwide nuclear holocaust�

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+54 more 
posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   

I believe that humanity is standing on the brink of a possible worldwide nuclear holocaust. The world as we know it has already changed as the result of radioactive material that has been released into the air and the ocean.

I am not an alarmist, but I am alarmed.

I know that large quantities of radioactive material are in a precariously unstable situation in the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear facility. An inability to effectively keep this material cool could easily result in another nuclear event. Another natural disaster like the recent typhoon or earthquake that occurred October 25, 2013, will further minimize the likelihood of a meaningful response.

I know that I don’t know all of the details, risks, and levels of radioactivity. I do know I have been exposed. I consumed Pacific Bluefin tuna (PBFT) caught off the coast of San Diego four weeks ago. A Stanford study has shown that all PBFT caught off the West Coast of California had 10 times the usual amount of radioactive cesium present prior to the Fukushima event in March 2011.

I believe that our health is the great equalizer. In my clinical career, I have had the good fortune to care for the homeless and the disenfranchised and the rich and the famous. When one is lying in a hospital bed with those special gowns that are wide open in the back, everyone is pretty much the same. The air we breathe, the water we drink, the food we eat are gifts of life for all of us no matter what our creed or our color.

I know that these precious gifts have been contaminated. The silence from the media and the powers that be has been deafening.

Source

So why is the media so very quiet on this subject? California is the breadbasket for much of America, with California contaminated, our food from California has the potential to kill us...

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Dav1d

Scary stuff.... but can anything really be done about it?

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
What can possibly be done about it now?

+41 more 
posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
There are 104 nuclear reactors in 31 states around the country. We can shut them down. We can attempt to limit how many active reactors there are in the world. Fukushima may have been the first shot in a nuclear war. We, are taking the majority of the contamination coming from Fukushima. It will effect our children, and our descendants for the rest of time on this planet. Clearly Japan lies to its own people! Japan is willing to kill hundreds of thousands of their own people, and the leaders of the world are more than willing to permit this. We can no longer trust our leaders. It's time for a change.

+9 more 
posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I truly believe that if we knew the real truth that is going on in Fukishima, then we would not be making light of any situation such as this.

Chernobyl had a catastrophic effect on Europe, particularly the Welsh mountains in the U.K.

Fukushima will be forever reminding us that we need to make the full use of nature to provide the World with its energy requirements. All the suppressed technology needs to be released and shared amongst Earth's occupants.

That's all we ask!!!

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Plant DESIGN

TOWERS.........3............1
REACTORS.....4321.........65

Read right to left
November 10 '13

They do like to herd with fear of death.
edit on 1-11-2013 by WhoKnows100 because: mistake

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I shall wait for WeBeDoomed to come in a refute this story with all his/her wisdom.

Until then its all poppycock. /sarcasm

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I hope the're gona find a solution soon because to oppinion its gonna take to long. But this something were gonna face if this nuclear holocaust spreading...

What radioactive elements are being released at the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant?

As nuclear cores melt down, reacting nuclear fuel creates many different radioactive elements, all with different toxic effects. Results from previous accidents at nuclear power plants suggest that inert gases such as xenon and krypton are likely to be released, together with iodine-131, two isotopes of caesium, and possibly strontium, tellurium and rubidium.

What effect do these elements have on the body?

Exposure to any radioactive material is bad: the US Nuclear Regulatory Commission assumes that exposure to anything higher than normal background levels increases health risks.

Xenon and krypton are not retained by the body so they have little effect.

Iodine-131 and caesium are more damaging, however. Iodine is actively taken up by the thyroid gland to make hormones. If iodine-131, which emits beta particles, is taken up, this can damage DNA and cause thyroid cancer.

Following the Chernobyl nuclear reactor explosion in Ukraine in 1986, more than 6000 people developed thyroid cancer, probably after drinking contaminated milk as children, according to an investigation by the UN released in February. For unknown reasons iodine-131 does not seem to affect adults.

These cancers can be prevented if children are given pills containing the non-radioactive isotope of iodine soon after exposure. These saturate the thyroid with safe iodine and stop it taking up the radioactive kind. Most children did not get these pills after Chernobyl. They are now being distributed in Japan.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Dav1d

Insanity! I am not sure what can be done about the Fukushima catastrophe, but I am dis-couraged by the indifferent attitudes of the people who aren't directly, instantly, and or/deeply affected by the ongoing nightmare in Japan.

I feel like a frog, in a pot of water and frogs, who has just become aware that someone is turning up the heat and trying to boil us. No matter how much I tell the other frogs, they think I am crazy, because they can't feel the water getting warmer... They say, 'Shut-up and quit fear mongering! The water has always had periods of increasing and decreasing temperature, it's normal and everything's fine!'

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
This guy should be seen as a planetary traitor - where was this concern 2.5 years ago? Anyone, and I mean anyone, who had ANY information or influence in this arena and did not speak up 1 hour after it happened is a planetary traitor.

I really mean that. The pocket protector scumbags who failed to keep the public discourse after hour 1 are planetary traitors. The fact the nearly all were to afraid of loosing their jobs to speak up loudly and often are guilty of selling out humanity for a few more years of paychecks.

Someone designed that system, purposefully put it in an earthquake zone, population center and tsunami zone. One man involved in its design quit because he viewed the thing as a planetary time bomb, yet pocket protector scumbags who feared for their jobs pushed on. BTW, they made damn sure to put THREE plants in such unstable areas, THREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you know a nuclear scientists, SHUN THEM. Refuse to talk to them, refuse to help them with their children, refuse to feed them if you have the opportunity as they HATED YOU from day one - how else can you explain what they have done? They built something that in its current state has no solutions, only duct tape hacks - it was not the water that caused this it was the design.

They built something WITHOUT any solution to the endless tonnage of toxic waste. And more importantly, the entire reason they built these, the ENTIRE reason, was to make bombs to kill you with. They needed a way to process the material to kill you with. Shun these people now and forever, make sure they understand what they have done to Earth.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Dav1d

Folks, at the very minimum, please stop eating "seafood". I know I've urged veganism on different threads before, because it can both save your life and greatly assist the environment (and other animals), but something like this is very different. The ocean is not divided, it's one thing, it's one body of water, Pacific to Indian to Atlantic. Humans have devastated the fish population, and now this disaster just keeps expanding.

"Seafood" is becoming poison.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Possitive news : There are some solutions the're working on like graphene .

Graphene oxide causes radioactive material to "clump" out of water

Removing radioactive material from contaminated water, such as that in Japan’s Fukushima nuclear power plants, could be getting a little easier. Scientists from Houston’s Rice University and Lomonosov Moscow State University have discovered that when flakes of graphene oxide are added to such water, it causes the radionuclides to condense into clumps. Those clumps can then be separated and disposed of.

Presently, bentonite clays and activated carbon are used to remove radioactive contaminants from water. The graphene oxide flakes are reportedly much more effective, however. Their large surface area allows each flake to adsorb a large amount of toxins, and the clumping action occurs within minutes. The clumped material is still radioactive, and must be handled and disposed of accordingly.

Then it wil stay more on one spot I would think so they can vacuum clean the bottom of coastal sea of Japan?

Anybody have a spare underwatervacuumcleaner the size of a freightship for sale?

How To Remove Radioactive Iodine-131 From Drinking Water

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

I'm one of the frogs who feel it, and it isn't because of doom talk. I have realized it for a few years now. But how do we get out of the pot or how can we turn off the stove? We can't. We are forced to hope TPTB make the right choices and adapt.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Shutting down any reactor that is well maintained and regulated is dumb because they pose no threat. Fukushima was bad because you had TEPCO cutting corners, and not following regulations when they had to. Their planning was terrible and they should have known better but didn't. Nuclear power is vastly important for the human race, let's not forget that.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
If this is more of a slow poisoning of the oceans, then most people will be fine with it, some clever businessman will start selling us all radiation pills. Take 2 every morning and you will be immune to radiated seafood. If it doesn't hit humanity in the form of a huge mushroom cloud or in the form of a giant fire breathing dinosaur, then most people won't care if some fish is 100x above the safe toxicity levels.

Just like with the BP oil spill, slowly but surely seeping out into the oceans. But its a pretty big ocean, and its going to take many years for it to really affect us, which is much longer than any human's attention span.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Aleister
reply to post by Dav1d

Folks, at the very minimum, please stop eating "seafood". I know I've urged veganism on different threads before, because it can both save your life and greatly assist the environment (and other animals), but something like this is very different. The ocean is not divided, it's one thing, it's one body of water, Pacific to Indian to Atlantic. Humans have devastated the fish population, and now this disaster just keeps expanding.

"Seafood" is becoming poison.

There has been free energy since they stole it from tesla. It should be released to the masses. We must stop nuclear reactors as a means of energy. It is sad.. We need to do with out it, we don't need it.

The Bot

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Liars, LIARS!
How can the EPA say such things, they are obviously all paid by the Nuclear industry to cover up just what a life threatening event this is. Email the EPA and tell them they are LIARS, and we are all going to DIE!

Japanese Nuclear Emergency: Radiation Monitoring

RadNet Data for Anaheim, California

Gross Gamma Air Monitoring Data
To-date, levels recorded at this monitor have been thousands of times below any conservative level of concern.

Gross Beta Air Monitoring Data
To-date, levels recorded at this monitor have been thousands of times below any conservative level of concern.

www.epa.gov...

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Cobaltic1978
I truly believe that if we knew the real truth that is going on in Fukishima, then we would not be making light of any situation such as this.

Chernobyl had a catastrophic effect on Europe, particularly the Welsh mountains in the U.K.

Fukushima will be forever reminding us that we need to make the full use of nature to provide the World with its energy requirements. All the suppressed technology needs to be released and shared amongst Earth's occupants.

That's all we ask!!!

And the French continue to deny, to this day, that their was any fallout over their territory. Why - people wouldn't by French Wine, or other goods.

Nuclear contamination is bad for business - just ignore it and soldier on.....

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Em2013
Shutting down any reactor that is well maintained and regulated is dumb because they pose no threat. Fukushima was bad because you had TEPCO cutting corners, and not following regulations when they had to. Their planning was terrible and they should have known better but didn't. Nuclear power is vastly important for the human race, let's not forget that.

LOL - you're funny. Do you really believe that. Look into the subject a bit more....

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Dav1d
California is the breadbasket for much of America, with California contaminated, our food from California has the potential to kill us...

Not the bread basket sir that would be the central US, the Bible belt. However California grows a lot of our fruits and vegetables. They also produce milk. I don't eat or drink anything from the west coast as of 2011. I also do not eat seafood. The lame stream media won't touch it because I believe the majority of the planet would do the same. What would happen if 99% of the the USA just boycotted the west coast entirely?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join