It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Talk Already Starting About Gun Control

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
i was skipping through the MSMs looking for reports on the LAX Shooting. and stopped on msnbc.
martin bashir and his guest are talking about we need gun control and ragging on the same people they always do.

i said this would happen not more than two hours ago, in the LAX shooting thread.

expect in a day or two, a new run at a gun ban. what better way to get people to stop thinking about one of the most draconian laws ever passed like obamacare. by bring up another, draconian threat issues. yes indeed a distraction.
Shooting Incident Prompts Evacuation Of Terminal 3 At LAX

that was fast, now lets see how long it takes our elected representatives and senators to come out and start parroting this, especially the democrats, trying to get our minds of the debacle that is obamacare.

the is a perfect example, for the use of the rahm emanuel play of "never let a crisis go to waste"

edit on 1-11-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

Edwin Bernays may be dead, but his tactics are alive and well..........

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Liberals can be so pathetic sometimes.

I think they really lack that critical thinking part of the brain, and continually focus on what is NOT the problem.

Either they are really stupid- or they are doing everything in their power to push their agenda by using incidents like this to try and push emotional scare tactics in order to get people on their side.

what they havent learned is that neither of those options ever work out for them. they think people are stupid- but the people think that they are the stupid ones.

the people are right.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
just to be fair, martin bashir is not on today. it is some guy, that i've never seen before.
i guess he id filling in.

i tried to go and find a clip, i guess it's to early for it to be posted if they even do post it.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   

3, 2, 1...and key Pelosi.

Don't worry, before the day is out some congressman or senator will try to spin it.

But by the end of next week we will learn that the firearm used was obtained illegally and was one of the weapons involved in the fast and furious operation.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
The peoples republic of Kalifornia has some of the strictest gun laws out there.

And yet gun violence abounds...

Say it ain't so, gun laws don't work...

More of them will not stop criminals.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   

watchitburn

3, 2, 1...and key Pelosi.

Don't worry, before the day is out some congressman or senator will try to spin it.

But by the end of next week we will learn that the firearm used was obtained illegally and was one of the weapons involved in the fast and furious operation.

i've been waiting on joe biden, dianne feinstein, that lady calling the magazine bullets and when their all gone you cant shoot anymore, and all the rest.

DeGette that's her name remember this.

What's the efficacy of banning these magazine clips? I will tell you, these are ammunition, they're bullets, so the people who have those now, they're going to shoot them" says Rep DeGette. According to her, "the number of these high capacity magazines is going to decrease dramatically over time because the bullets will be shot and there won't be any more available." - See more at: cnsnews.com...

just now i heard that their saying that the gunman had anti government propaganda on him.
looks like they are running a full court press.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Bahahaha I guess she hasn't heard magazines can be refilled before...... That's even better than the barrel shroud one.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   

I wonder what the "anti-government propaganda" was? Maybe Tea Party literature? Oh! Maybe it's a pocket-sized version of the US Constitution!

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Common Good
Liberals can be so pathetic sometimes.

I think they really lack that critical thinking part of the brain, and continually focus on what is NOT the problem.

Either they are really stupid- or they are doing everything in their power to push their agenda by using incidents like this to try and push emotional scare tactics in order to get people on their side.

what they havent learned is that neither of those options ever work out for them. they think people are stupid- but the people think that they are the stupid ones.

the people are right.

I think the problem with a lot of conservatives is that they don't realize they don't speak for everyone. "They think people are stupid- but the people think that they are the stupid ones." So "the people" are conservatives and liberals are? Seems like last time I checked, the President won two elections, so apparently there are at least a few people who don't agree with you.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Absolutely no form of gun control has any chance of passing in this country at all. It's just part of the charade of partisan politics. Liberals opine about it on MSNBC because it seems like the liberal thing to say and then conservatives go crazy posting a bunch of furious garbage on Internet forums before running out to stand in line buying guns. This happens at fairly regular intervals, just go buy another gun already.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   

The shooting and thought of more Govt control probably sent him into a full body 2 hour long orgasm that made it so he couldn't make it in today.

Leave it up to Progressives to waste no time before calling for more control over everyone.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by theantediluvian

I think the problem is everyone thinks they are an expert on everything... most presently politicians. Today you can champion a cause and have no clue what you are talking about, thanks to the magic of editing. Firearms are a part of our culture. They will never go away regardless of how many bans happen. You simply can't take something out of existence. Our best bet is to teach people about firearms. Education is power.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   

There was a car accident today in _________________ .

Where's the cry to ban autos?

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   

theHattersfolly
reply to post by theantediluvian

Our best bet is to teach people about firearms. Education is power.

You can't teach those that already know everything. Right now I feel like Sisyphus pushing his rock. I'm sure that's how most of us feel. Sometimes I wish the greys would take me away from this god-forsaken Groundhog Day marathon. But they prolly wanna disarm me too

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by riffraff

You have a point friend. What happened to the virtue of learning? Where have all the philosophers gone? No doubt beleaguered by the vast amount of opinion paraded as knowledge. It is ... regrettable that we've found ourselves at present point. I'd trust a person who says "I'm not sure" before I took trust in the person who says "I know".

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   

beezzer

There was a car accident today in _________________ .

Where's the cry to ban autos?

Darn undercover Canadian Rabbits! Naw they want to put black boxes in the autos so they can charge you a tax by the mile driven... Otherwise good idea

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by theHattersfolly

Except Progressives had removed the teaching/education processes for firearms safety.

Nothing like creating the environment to push an agenda.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Let us take the word "Progressives" out of the picture. Some people are afraid of what firearms represent. To them, firearms are a symbol of misplaced control. Most of those folks don't understand that there is a responsibility instilled upon the vast majority of firearms owners. They don't understand that the overwhelming consensus between carriers is "do no harm".

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

I love your avatar, "cats abandone the ship now". I trully believe that next year in 2014 of aug they will start going house to house taking your guns and u will do nothing about it. Just watch and see. A few here and there will resist, but as a whole, you will loose all your gun priveledges in some way shape or form. I have heard of a psychological tests to see if ok to own. Do u think that they will let u pass it?,even if u do have a licience. Has anyone broke down the laws on guns, the way it is worded, is cheesy. Especially what is said about clips,read it carefully. Do u have a licience to show you have the right to own a gun, you better find it or loose it. Do u think they going to give u a fair offer for ur gun? They will soon enter ur home without a warrent and if u resist that is grounds to why u should not own a gun. resisting the law.
ask how Europe lost that battle. Unfortunate that when this happens, the crime rate will go thru the roof.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join