It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The theory of evolution prophesied in the Book of Romans

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   

18 The wrath of God is indeed being revealed from heaven against every impiety and wickedness of those who suppress the truth by their wickedness.
19 For what can be known about God is evident to them, because God made it evident to them.
20 Ever since the creation of the world, his invisible attributes of eternal power and divinity have been able to be understood and perceived in what he has made. As a result, they have no excuse;
21 for although they knew God they did not accord him glory as God or give him thanks. Instead, they became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless minds were darkened.
22 While claiming to be wise, they became fools
23 and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for the likeness of an image of mortal man or of birds or of four-legged animals or of snakes.

24 Therefore, God handed them over to impurity through the lusts of their hearts for the mutual degradation of their bodies.
25 They exchanged the truth of God for a lie and revered and worshiped the creature rather than the creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.

what do you think?
edit on 1-11-2013 by mrphilosophias because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by mrphilosophias

It could just as easily be referring to people who worship other deities, say Pesedjet, Hellenism, etc. Those deities are often given the seeming of men or beasts or beast-headed men. And they are often portrayed as having very human lusts and desires.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
...I don't see it. It could just as easily mean something else. If it means evolution, it's because you want it to.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   

ketsuko

It could just as easily be referring to people who worship other deities, say Pesedjet, Hellenism, etc. Those deities are often given the seeming of men or beasts or beast-headed men. And they are often portrayed as having very human lusts and desires.

it does sound very much like modern evolutionary theory though does it not?

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I think that verse is referring graven images of men and animals as idols of worship.

These are verses I found that may describe Evolution or Evolutionary Changes in the Bible and Apocrypha

Evolutionary changes marked in green.

Genesis 1 KJV

23 And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

24 And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.

25 And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

Genesis 3 KJV (Full Chapter)

4 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:

5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

6 And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.

7 And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.
~~~~~~.

11 And he said, Who told thee that thou wast naked? Hast thou eaten of the tree, whereof I commanded thee that thou shouldest not eat?

12 And the man said, The woman whom thou gavest to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I did eat.

13 And the Lord God said unto the woman, What is this that thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat.

14 And the Lord God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:

15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

16 Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

17 And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;

18 Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field;

From the Apocrypha:
Book of Solomon, Book of Wisdom or Wisdom of Solomon
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_Wisdom
en.wikipedia.org...

Book of Wisdom
st-takla.org/pub_Deuterocanon/Deuterocanon-Apocrypha_El-Asfar_El-Kanoneya_El-Tanya__4-Wisdon-of-Solomon.html
st-takla.org...

But they were struck with blindness: as those others were at the doors of the just man, when they were covered with sudden darkness, and every one sought the passage of his own door.

For while the elements are changed in themselves, as in an instrument the sound of the quality is changed, yet all keep their sound: which may clearly be perceived by the very sight.

For the things of the land were turned into things of the water: and the things before swam in the water passed upon the land.

The book seems to focus or revolve around the four elements: Earth, Water, Wind and Fire.

Maybe even a 5th Element...

There is much more out there. Especially in the hidden books or lost books...

Book of Enoch
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_Enoch
en.wikipedia.org...

Book of Jasher (Yasher)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_Jasher_(biblical_references)
en.wikipedia.org...(biblical_references)

edit on 1-11-2013 by AbleEndangered because: additions

edit on Fri Nov 1 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

I think it has more to do with idol worship and graven images, not DNA. Thats so far down the river gone nowadays, every place is adorned with "likenesses" in the form of statues, paintings and pictures of everything. We pay more attention to them than a living God.

Not saying I agree with that, just trying to put in context between those days and now.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   

I think it is saying that they liken God to that of his creation. As to say our God is bound to nature, when, in fact, God creates nature.

So, it is more like those who say God is an alien/alien race, some computer programmer in a true reality, et al.
edit on 11/1/2013 by Bleeeeep because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Clearly thats about Idolatry...

But certainly people do cling to Evolution as strongly as any religion. (as if the concept is mutually exclusive anyway)

So in a sense I suppose you could be correct.

But I could say its about the Dollar as well (images of man on there too and people almost worship it), or science in general, or just about anything people idolize.
edit on 1-11-2013 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
clearly this is about people who reject God as the sovereign Creator, although knowledge of God is self-evident to them through His creation (scientists?). Despite Gods' handiwork being clear and distinct, manifest for all to behold, they deny God. In this denial of God these people think themselves to be wise(intelligent), yet it is the very rejection of God that darkens their minds and prevents them from ever reaching the truth. Instead of God they worship the images of birds, snakes, mammals, and men, (notice the differentiation here! this appears to me to be rudimentary taxonomy) and as such worship the creation (as Creator and God), instead of the Creator God.

This sounds to me just like science and the modern evolutionary synthesis. It may have other meaning that was relevant at the time of it's writing, but I'm not sure how much Rome worshiped creatures (as opposed to say Egypt). Layers of meaningful relevance typically accompany prophecy inspired by God, and along with other characteristics, constitute probable cause to believe some prophecy to be inspired by God.

From this perspective it can be understood that a worldview that rejects God as Creator, and worships the Creation, is indeed an example of idolatry.

Anyway I just wanted to share. Glory be to God!

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   

I can see how it could be interpreted that way, but the focus is on the glory of God being ill-conceived, not that they believe there is no God.

You might be right, though - maybe they deny the glory, and in doing so, deny that God even exists.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

mrphilosophias

Erm, nope. Not in the least.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Bleeeeep

I can see how it could be interpreted that way, but the focus is on the glory of God being ill-conceived, not that they believe there is no God.

You might be right, though - maybe they deny the glory, and in doing so, deny that God even exists.

Who exists?

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I'm gonna post KJV version.

Emphasis highlighted in green. I like what is says in red.

Something interesting highlighted in blue, unnatural. I know what its referring to here...

Romans 1 KJV

13 Now I would not have you ignorant, brethren, that oftentimes I purposed to come unto you, (but was let hitherto,) that I might have some fruit among you also, even as among other Gentiles.

14 I am debtor both to the Greeks, and to the Barbarians; both to the wise, and to the unwise.

15 So, as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the gospel to you that are at Rome also.

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.

20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

I'm not sure its talking Evolution here but it mentions Micro! The invisible.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by AbleEndangered

Invisible is not micro, it is like spirit or fields or forces. You cannot see the force of a bouncing ball, you can only see what force does to the ball. That sort of thing.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Bleeeeep

yeah true, i'm too imaginative with the literal.

Term Godhead is interesting, some references for it.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godhead_in_Judaism
en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godhead_in_Christianity
en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conceptions_of_God
en.wikipedia.org...

The Godhead conspiracy....

Here are some lists of Books out there:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Testament_Pseudepigrapha
en.wikipedia.org...

www.ethiopianorthodox.org/english/canonical/books.html
www.ethiopianorthodox.org...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanakh
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Where in the bolded section of the OP does it say anything about one type of animal turning into another over millions and millions of years of genetic trial-and-error? That's right, it doesn't.
edit on 1-11-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Interesting interpretation.

I have a different one. It's religion x, trying to scare you away from any challengers. I'm pretty sure the big challengers were other faith based constructs and not science in general. I wasn't there of course, but science was essentially a conspiracy theory at that time.

You have to understand the massive conflict between monotheism and polytheism that was going on at the time.
edit on 1-11-2013 by InverseLookingGlass because: english syntax

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   

mrphilosophias

ketsuko

Maybe with the addition of a very liberal use of your imagination or a confirmation bias. But seeing as how even religious people are denouncing your claims, this is the point where you realize the folly of your ways (that you were just trying to troll the evolutionists) apologize for wasting people's time and bow out.
edit on 1-11-2013 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   

I'm not sure where you're going with that, but...

What's the Godhead conspiracy and how does it pertain to the invisible?

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

When I told my mother I hated her, she did not proceed to feed me trace amounts of lead as retribution. When I told her I wanted a new mother, she did not proceed to tie me to a tree in the backyard and leave me to roast in the hot sun without food or water. And when I told her that I was sorry she was ever born, she just waited until I came back and apologized. Told me she never stopped loving me.

Sounds to me like your god is a royal asshole who doesn't know the meaning of the word. And everyone who listens to him is just desperate and shallow. Sounds just like the human species, actually. Never patient enough to do anything properly, wants results instantly and dramatically.

And no. The Bible says nothing about evolution. This is another sorry attempt to resurrect a dead horse and make use of it.
edit on 1-11-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join