It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinas Nuclear Submarine Attack Plans for the USA Revealed on Chinese State Run TV

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I am going to bury something here. Most people don't read this many pages into a thread. "It's not 30 minutes to impact, its 3 minutes to impact." That very quote came from a friend of mine in military intelligence who chased submarines all of his military career. He explained that in the case of a nuclear war there would be no warning. The cities in states on the coast would be hit within 3 minutes. Just wanted to pass that a long. I never knew.

(post by bigfootgurl removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   

edit on 2-11-2013 by intrepid because: Removed because of questionable quoted material.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Depending on the size of the retaliatory strike it could probably ensure the death of our entire species. If not immediately, then soon thereafter.

No matter how you slice it's utter madness.

Not that that's always stopped people from acts of human lunacy before. I think the only thing we can count on is what we have always counted on: the sheer size and terribly immense scope of that scenario has ensured that enough safeguards and sane people are in place among the world "superpowers" to prevent it.

Now an isolated and lone "nut" leader with a few nukes is an entirely different story...

edit on 11/2/2013 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-11-2013 by intrepid because: Questionable quoted material removed.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Pimpintology
I am going to bury something here. Most people don't read this many pages into a thread. "It's not 30 minutes to impact, its 3 minutes to impact." That very quote came from a friend of mine in military intelligence who chased submarines all of his military career. He explained that in the case of a nuclear war there would be no warning. The cities in states on the coast would be hit within 3 minutes. Just wanted to pass that a long. I never knew.

Where did he get that number from? & I thought most people in intelligence were women?

edit on 2-11-2013 by teachtaire because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-11-2013 by intrepid because: Questionable quoted material removed.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I just read every single reply on this thread.

All I can say is......lol

It will be a cold day in hell before China fires one at us.

Thats why they are leaving Taiwan alone.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfootgurl

u do realise 8000 nukes produce enough radiation to kill all life on this planet. Great plan.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   

FlyersFan
And now ... I'll try to post the map .... Take note of the red and orange .. that's areas of intense radiation that China would unleash on the USA with just the nuclear sub hits ... not counting other nuclear missile hits.

Let's take another look at that map, shall we?

I'm surprised that in five pages of replies, No One has noticed the "fatal flaw" in the Chinese (supposed) strategy:

Those primary targets on the west coast of the U.S., and the resulting areas of "intense radiation" (presumably from nuclear fallout) Render most of the Most Productive Farmland IN THE WORLD Contaminated with Radiation! Possibly for centuries!

Considering the stink China raised over the radiation released from the Fukushima disaster, is it at all logical to truly believe that China would be willing and ready to completely obliterate, again, for possibly centuries, a primary source of food they themselves will need to feed their 1 BILLION (and growing) people?

If that is the level of strategic thought prevalent, and encouraged, within the upper echelon the Chinese military and government, I, for one am shocked, and somewhat relieved:

They are either Fools, or massively Insane!

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by teachtaire

Where did he get that number from? & I thought most people in intelligence were women?

Come again?

What makes you think that?

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Riffrafter

Due to how billets are filled; a woman would always get the slot over a man.

That is just what users have been saying on this website mind you.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Would someone please find the actual Chinese article. Thank you!

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   

edit on 2-11-2013 by intrepid because: Removed because of questionable quoted material.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 02:04 AM
link   
OK right now I have chance for a first time to read the entire article in Washington times...It is UNBELIEVABLE! It is the language of the 1950s USSR in style of the Khrushchev in the UN. No, its much worse. I haven't read the original Chinese articles though. In my first posts I thought it comes to those maps that show how far the Kim's rocket could potentially fly. Here instead, the Chinese authors describe chilling details how many innocent people they will kill in Seattle and Los Angeles, because they are the biggest cities their underwater missiles can reach! And how the land-based missiles can kill many more on the East Coast!

Until now, the Chinese "warnings" came from the mouths of mothballed generals who were allowed to "independently" express their "personal views" on military conferences, picked up then by the "independent" Chinese media and translated in English. Thus several years ago a retired general said China should be ready to lose all its cities East of Xian (that would account to more than 50% of the population), but also USA should be ready to lose at least 100 cities in a possible war between them.

Until now, never were the Chinese officials dare enough to challenge directly USA with such kind of rhetoric , maps, and published in leading Chinese media (in English? still haven't seen them though). Is this a major shift in the Chinese strategic planning, or may be propaganda planning?

I still think that the best way to deal with China has nothing to do with BUYING the Chinese low quality products, but has a LOT to do with dealing with Russia first. Russia is in fact responsible for most of the Chinese "hi tech miracles" in the military. Including the aircraft carrier, the jet fighters, and the Chinese manned spaceship. Of course the West poured out quite much hi-tech including Siemens build Maglev and almost done deal of a nuclear power plant (cancelled in the last moment). We don't know the extend of the Western private sector's "help" construction, know-how and "investment" in key industrial projects that can easily be militarized. I think it is very wrong position to prefer China than Russia in strategic planning.

Russia still has the biggest nuclear potential, bigger than all the rest combined, and still has the upper hand with the relations in the Far East especially China. If you want peace with China, deal with Putin first! Don't try to irony-ze Russia and put it in the corner on a number of international key decision making bodies. I will not elaborate. The intelligent Russian is most offended by making him to look like fool (let alone to call him so). And what we sometimes see is exactly that - Russia is left alone in isolation on key issues of international importance, as if Russia and only Russia is the bad guy on the international arena, and without Russia all would be the rosy future promised at the end of the Cold War. Russia walked her way to the end of the Cold war. Did the West do the same? On every level including personal? Why are the EU capitals full of Africans and Muslims but not of Russians who should naturally be the EU ally in post cold war era? Perhaps they are not smart enough? Soviet general driving a cab in London to make his living is not a good way to make the enemy who is now friend to feel equal.

No one pays attention that still Russia and not China is the largest country on this planet with biggest natural resources, with unknown underground facilities in case of doomsday scenario, and the country that holds the key of a man-made doomsday in the world. USA stays assured that MAD works. MAD is dead in the era of space electronics that can shoot in less than a minute with lasers or God knows what more.

I don't know how far Russia is willing to go to "correct" the Chinese "naughty behavior" but if there is someone who can influence China's mind that is Russia. Don't show up US subs in the Yellow Sea tomorrow, as shown in the Washington times article! China wants confrontation for reasons known only to its leaders and would actually be happy if USA takes that challenge. May be they think they have too many people and it is worth to follow the Japanese insanity in WW2. Now they have the bomb too.

I will repeat that only ET involvement direct or indirect will save the current world from destruction. But ET could be here and there, in USA, Russia and China, others. Tell us the truth and let go from this point on towards a predictable and safe future! Don't make us the common citizens hostages of some "great powers" who don't pay a cent for our lives or well being! I believe this moment is rapidly approaching, and the Chinese threats will turn as boomerang to those who send them into the world's information society. Those are not threats to Obama pr the US generals. Those are threats to you and me, to the millions of Western people who will read them and contemplate, may be fear. Obama and Putin know the situation much better and long before the articles appear in the MSM. Seems to me China serves completely different ET race that has nothing or very little in common with the races we were already told about by credible US insiders, like Paul Hellyer. Let put an end to the atomic era and pen the page of the new era, before the planned doomsday!
edit on 2-11-2013 by 2012newstart because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 02:10 AM
link   

FlyersFan
The question is ... what message are they sending and to whom are they sending it???

Think how thee mafia sends their message to other rival gangs or to people who owe them money.
Intimidation.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   
in a world shaped on one side by NATO, US and EU countries, and on the other by the rising countries members of SCO and its observers, one should think of China as acting not alone. Perhaps it is easier for Russia to watch outside a war between China and USA than to fight that war. This Chinese media attack is a big call for urgent re-evaluation of relations. Not so much with China that already took her share of the cake. But much more with Russia's Putin. What could be done to avoid the worst case scenario. Russia doesn't need China to destroy USA. China needs Russia. That fact should be calculated too. I am sorry I make the exersize of logic that should be made 10 years ago by people like Condy Rice and 20 years ago by others. And no one pays me for that. Hope the world peace will continue up to the... event that will turn the page forever. Hope we don;t wait for that event in the nuclear ashes of what it were human civilizations, no matter which ones' rockets would be the first ones. China is ready to sacrifice its 5000y old culture and bilion wide people for ends known only to the ruling elite. Only to know that the Western culture is no more present on planet Earth. Here is the total difference between China and Russia. Russia is NOT ready to lose population to the extend of WW2 and to lose what she considers the eastern leg of one European culture. Do the Western leaders think in the same terms? Or for them it would be better Nazi Germany to finish the Russian/Soviet empire and then they to jump into the game at its end? See Churchill who encouraged the Germans to fight for Berlin promising false help and start of WW3. I find it very odd that 20++ years after the end of cold war there are still people who hate Russia as before, consider it outside of the civilized world, and PREFER CHINA in trade, business and LEAK OF HI TECH!!!! Now those people bear results of their 20+ policy.

Putin tested 4 ICBM (two land based, two sub-based) 4 tactical nukes and bombers only days ago. At the time Forbes named him the strongest man on the planet followed by Obama and the pope. Instead of deciding a common future of countries with similar history and culture, the West is busy who listened to whom on the phone... I wouldn't like to know what Merkel talked at all. It is her business not mine. But for some that is the biggest problem, and not the real problems that are sidelined by MSM. Well now the Chinese said it, quite uncommon for their way of expression. May be they all know the sun will burn us all, and the survivors will be only in those deep caves that China have and Russia built. There are in America too. For how many people? Questions that no MSM raises at the time we live 11 months after the 2012 trumped doom. Too late for many.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 03:17 AM
link   
en.ria.ru...
Russia and Japan discuss US missile shield in East Asia

as you continue to reflect on the article what China wants to say, saying what it said how to annihilate easier and more portions of US population...You may also follow the Russian diplomacy and concerns of its own, along the concerns of USA of rising North Korea followed now by China. Missile defense shield looks good. But who will stay behind it? Is it possible a shield that encompass all the world? Isn't it exactly what Russia asks for? Or the differences are just too big and they will never come to the same terms.

We all occupy a tiny space rock called planet earth. You need to fly only several hundred km or miles up and you are outside this planet. It is sad the politicians and religious do not concentrate on that fact, as the politicians 20+ years ago did. I remember Reagan's speeches at the end of the cold war. Let alone JP2. Hope the new pope Francis will do his best in that regard, being now the 4th most powerful man on the planet according to Forbes. What a politician can't possibly say, the religious leader could. For the good of all. How about admitting higher intelligences who control or permit events to happen. Why not to finally name what the Bible already named. If this will help to save people and to avert the nuclear war predicted in Fatima.

The other is clear. Russia + China versus USA +...Europe? The end of the civilization the way we know it. Survivals only in deep bunkers. Especially if those leaders know of imminent solar flare that will kill anyway anyone who is on the surface. Is this the full story or there is much more to add? I think there is much more.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

This is one of those contingency plans that countries make but don't plan to follow unless the situation arises where they need to - however, it does show the capabilities that the Chinese have for hitting us with their nuclear submarines, which might be rather hard to stop, if they so wished.

I notice that living the in Pacific Northwest, I am going to be fried!

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 04:15 AM
link   
just great, at any moment we could be nuked to sheat! But the good news is it's not as bad as it sounds. If you're in a major city it would be a relatively painless death So consider yourself lucky. Many will end up with very slow and painful deaths who don't live in the city.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Can anyone explain to me why the sleepy little coastal town of Fort Bragg made the primary target list? As far as I am aware there are no military or communications facilities, nuclear reactors or transportation hubs.

What the hell do they have against this little town?!

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 05:56 AM
link   
After reading, reflecting, writing (hehe) and again reflecting, on the Chinese enigmatic policy making and controlled media, I reach the conclusion the story represent a MAJOR SHIFT in the Chinese position towards USA. They may not start shooting tomorrow, or stop buying US treasuries. But they have announced their real intent covered until now by phrases of quite different taste. One may say, they awaited to build those subs to say those words. It might be so but I guess other factors play as well. Because the subs are in the water for years, having underground base in Hainan island! However the Chinese media didn't threaten Los Angeles all those years. They threaten it from now on.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join