It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is the amazing Lockheed Martin SR-72—the space Blackbird

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by kingofyo1

The SR-71 went public very quickly, as did both the -117 and B-2. We lost a large number of people to the -117 program around 82-83, and it was public by 86. The B-2, was public from first flight.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by VectorEquilibrium

The diameter of the earth is a LOT more than 3959 miles. I have driven 6000 miles in a week, that would mean I went around the world twice in a week.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Zaphod58

The SR-71 went public very quickly, as did both the -117 and B-2. We lost a large number of people to the -117 program around 82-83, and it was public by 86. The B-2, was public from first flight.

It seems whenever a project goes public, they retire it pretty fast.

If they potentially have had this sucker for a while now, what in the world has it been up to? If it's been several years now, it's beyond testing and should be operational.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Sammamishman

Thanks for pulling that up..

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

I think he mentioned radius. Diameter of Earth = 7,918 miles, circumference = 24,901 miles.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

I will say with almost absolute certainty that, regardless of circumstantial evidence, the platform known as Aurora does not, and never has existed.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Thank you for that info... other articles I'm coming across claim it was because of design in tanks to carry the fuel.

Edit: so the KC-135Q is the super AWAC capable refueler.

edit on 1-11-2013 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

Not at all. The B-2 went public in 89, and is still in service. The Blackbird served for thirty something years.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigburgh

We had Q models come through a few times on fighter drags because they were available and they needed a tanker.

They preferred not to, because of potential contamination issues, but if they had to choose between using a Q model or canceling the mission, the mission won.
edit on 11/1/2013 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Wow that is amazing and looks like something out of the future. Oh, wait it is the future...wonder how long this has been in the works? It is intimidating looking. Thanks for posting and sharing.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Dude...you never exactly said what was you do.....but little by little....pieces of the puzzle fill in.

So will we actually see real footage of this craft by 2018-20? Man I hope.

Edit: is it Dec 25...is it Dec 25....are we there yet?

edit on 1-11-2013 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

weaponization/militarization of outer space

Prevention of an Arms Race in Outer Space (PAROS)

Peaceful Uses of Outer Space

these random thoughts entered my head along with the old suspicion there are probably nukes orbiting at this very moment over our heads

nice

edit on 1-11-2013 by reject because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
The technology used here clears up some questions I had about some other things I've heard over the last year or so (before you ask, No, I won't say what, but if you look really hard you might find it). It's amazing how that one thing takes a murky picture and suddenly makes it clearer.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Just a guy who happened to be in the right places at the right times. And happened to meet the right people, and earn their respect and trust (which is why I may give hints to things but never say outright. I will never betray that trust.)

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   

You have an ability to turn the clearest cleanest things into a murky muddy pond of questions. Now I'm going to spend the rest of the day attempting to fill in the blanks you've left! UGH!!!

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Zaphod58
reply to post by grey580

By 2018 my right unmentionable. I'm willing to put money it's flying right now and has been for years. Which means it's going to have an incredibly successful and fast test program.

See this thread for more
edit on 11/1/2013 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

So I take it the money that the AF is going to ask for the SR-72 is going to the SR-73 development program?

Or is that for the warp drive space craft.

Another thought>: There is also the next gen long-range strike bomber being bid by Lockmart also about now.

Will it use the turbine part of the SR-72 engine system on its own?

I assume both will have dielectric barrier junction plasma generators for drag reduction.
edit on 1-11-2013 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   

It's a skill. But trust me, if you're able to find the answers, it's worth it.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Zaphod58
The technology used here clears up some questions I had about some other things I've heard over the last year or so (before you ask, No, I won't say what, but if you look really hard you might find it). It's amazing how that one thing takes a murky picture and suddenly makes it clearer.

Lol..if you mean people posting photos from weather satellites of a high altitude craft leaving a contrail out of the NV. Desert headed north east. Then yes that murky picture.. otherwise...not sure of what you're saying.. and glad folks trust you..

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   

No this is more than that. If you look hard enough you'll find what I'm talking about.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by mbkennel

Most likely it will go to this. If they ARE flying already they can't have more than a small number (2-3 probably), so they'll use the money to get more of them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join