It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extremely Strange Magnetic Field uT Readings From 6am - 830am -- Tennessee (11-1-2013)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by FearYourMind

Okay, that looks exactly like the one in my side yard. I also live in TN... not far from where you're at actually. The ground here is so rocky in Middle Tennessee, that more than likely nothing would be buried very deep if that is the cause of the issue, like V.Croe posted. The thing is the dip in my side yard from buried materials was there when I bought the home, approximately a year after it was built.. and never seemed to me to get any deeper or larger?? I actually lived there for 10 years before I sold.

Hopefully it is no sinkhole, friend... I sincerely hope not anyway.

edit on 1-11-2013 by shell69 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-11-2013 by shell69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 03:25 AM
link   

LichThrall
hi. i'm a lurker and don't post much, but when i read this post i immediately wanted to jump in and share my own experience last night, as it could well be related. i live in western kentucky near kentucky lake. we too had severe storms come through last night. at about 10:30 pm the storm had mostly passed, though there was still some residual cloud cover and light rain. my husband and i went onto the carport to smoke and we both heard a very steady, low rumble that sounded more like a machine than thunder. i honestly believe i heard the "sky hum" last night.

I wasn't going to post this because I had not seen anyone post anything about it until this thread but I was near Chehalis, Washington. At 5am on the morning of October 31st I was awake and heard this loud metallic screaching to a low growl sound which woke my boyfriend up who was asleep next to me. I asked 'did you hear that"? And he said, "yeah what the hell was it?"

We looked out of the window and didn't see anything but it was very loud and jarring and neither of us ever heard anything like it before.

It sounded to me like it probably came from the sky but it was hard to say (being indoors).

We went through what it might have been, planes, helicopters, etc and could not come up with anything that fit. It truly sounded weird.

Then later that night around 9:15 a military helicopter flew over the neighborhood very low. He ran outside to get a view of it and said that he couldn't make out what it was but it was large and dark. We were about 60 miles from Lewis-McChord so that's a possibility but the sound we heard in the morning was eerie.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

While not out of the realm of possibility, it is extremely unlikely. Usually when an aircraft gets into trouble, there are multiple events happening at the same time. We call this the "chain of safety". When a radio goes out, there goes a link on the chain. Add to it bad weather, and another link goes. There are not only redundant systems on the more advanced aircraft, there are also different methods of obtaining flight orientation. I would suspect in most cases, it would just cause an inconvenience.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Well I went outside and checked to see if uT levels were high this morning. Everything seems normal. uT levels were sitting around 44.00 and all my devices worked fine. Like I said though it's never happened before. I know it wasn't a sensor malfunction because both my Galaxy Tab 2 & HTC One X smartphone were affected by this magnetic anomaly yesterday. I wanted to see what kind of reading I would get when I set the tablet on my car since it's the heaviest metal I can test on nearby. The highest reading I got was a uT of 148.00. Not even close to the 600+ uT readings I was getting out of thin air with multiple devices yesterday.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by FearYourMind

Hmm, very strange. I am also an avid astrophotographer and i usually get a wobbly compass reading when setting up my mount tripod if i am too close to it. I was thinking that may be what you experienced but then i read on! Very strange indeed. I wonder how accurate that app is? Will have to have a look for it and see what readings i get.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Interesting JadeStar,

That would be consistent with the theory that these noises are produced by solar storms. I don't think it's a coincidence that two of my devices were reading extremely high levels of magnetic field and multiple reports of strange sounds coming on the same day. Just my theory.
edit on 2-11-2013 by FearYourMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Found this youtube video. This happened last night. Really don't know if it is related.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   

BobAthome
or u could employ a good Dowser,,

Funny as it sounds, i've actually had a go at dowsing and believe it or not, found it worked.

Didn't hunt for water, but held a mental image of treasure instead and walked slowley around until the (thick metal wires in plastic holders allowing the wires to swivel) wires crosses each other in a smooth motion..each time they crossed i stopped and looked over that spot..i found 4 old 1970's ten pence coins in each spot.

Not exactly treasure i'll admit, but it was technically valuable.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by QuickWick

Well we all know what part of earth took the brunt of the solar flare now. They probably still don't have power after those lines were cooked like that. Lucky for them the line fuse finally popped.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by mash3d

That's funny because I saw that star too...

I was looking at Orion's Belt because I often do; I like to think something there is looking back on me (but then that's an esoterical sideline to this comment).

I was marveling at Orion, but the brightest star is the one to the left of it's belt (maybe 10 degrees or 4 or 5 widths of the belt), but exactly as you say.

I was just reading your opening comment and it made me happy to realise that we are all connected on earth. There are many different places to rest your eyes, from a hemisphere of heaven to your current book or a most loved one. Even on the acronym ATS... Too many gaze on the '84machine; too many gaze without wonder or thought... But we MASH3d, we both saw a star.

My apologies OP, for the complete aside!

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   

BobAthome
i would be interested too hear from any pilots out there.
Could this "annomaly" in any way, cause planes too crash,, if it happened,, while landing???

gps stuff,,ground radar,,sensors which rely on,,magnetic lines of force,,etc,,

It wouldn't affect aircraft as GPS doesn't use the earths magnetic field, same as radar these are RF and transmits a signal, when the signal strikes an object it reflects back to the radar.
The only thing that uses (for navigation) the magnetic field is a compass.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
A solar storm seems to be the explanation. There's a sunspot directly facing Earth that's kicking out strong eruptions and producing strong solar storms right now. Earth's magnetic field was hit Halloween night.

Discovery.com

Sunspot AR1884 has a complex magnetic field that harbors energy for strong eruptions, and it is almost directly facing Earth. NOAA forecasters estimate a 50% chance of M-class solar flares and a 10% chance of X-flares on Oct. 31st. High-latitude sky watchers should be alert for auroras on Halloween. A CME is expected to hit Earth's magnetic field on Oct. 31st, possibly sparking polar geomagnetic storms.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   
About the dreams same here.

I had the most real dream I have ever had. I saw a winged, half-naked man outside a window and he was after me. He was poinitng towards me.
So I got the five of us to pray and an Angel with a sword came and chased him away-I have never had such a vivid dream.
The dream scene was so clear, it was better than my old eyesight!

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   

AriesJedi
About the dreams same here.

I had the most real dream I have ever had. I saw a winged, half-naked man outside a window and he was after me. He was poinitng towards me.
So I got the five of us to pray and an Angel with a sword came and chased him away-I have never had such a vivid dream.
The dream scene was so clear, it was better than my old eyesight!

That's pretty much what my wife described. She said they were "lucid" dreams and she was in and out of sleep. She saw lights and streaks in the room. It wouldn't surprise me at all if these blasts of solar energy had affects on people. As far as the streaks of light she talked about....it made me think of SAA or "South Atlantic Anomaly".

If you watch the live ISS stream you will see streaks of light and flashing dots of light as the ISS passes over the South Atlantic. It's a real phenomena that the astronauts get to see live, so it's not just the cameras picking it up. It's all related to solar activity and Earth's magnetic field in that region.

Here's a video showing SAA from the ISS cam -

Here's more information on SAA = image.gsfc.nasa.gov...

Could someone perhaps see similar lights at night during a strong solar storm?

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   

f4andHALFtoads
reply to post by mash3d

That's funny because I saw that star too...

I was looking at Orion's Belt because I often do; I like to think something there is looking back on me (but then that's an esoterical sideline to this comment).

I was marveling at Orion, but the brightest star is the one to the left of it's belt (maybe 10 degrees or 4 or 5 widths of the belt), but exactly as you say.

I was just reading your opening comment and it made me happy to realise that we are all connected on earth. There are many different places to rest your eyes, from a hemisphere of heaven to your current book or a most loved one. Even on the acronym ATS... Too many gaze on the '84machine; too many gaze without wonder or thought... But we MASH3d, we both saw a star.

My apologies OP, for the complete aside!

According to Stellarium, a free PC astronomy program, Seems we were both looking at Jupiter. Which was pretty much the brightest thing out at the moment.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Just for S&Gs, you could have been in the field of a radar scan, I watched an analog voltmeter needle dance around under this condition and a 9 Volt battery got very warm. Some say it caused dainbramage....

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
The green smear in the video reminds me a story you might find interesting since your in Tullahoma.
I don't remember the exact date, In the early 1970's, One night there was a large Green Cloud that was seen traveling from north to south over Tullahoma.
I looked more like a green nebulous smear than a cloud with defined edges.
I remember watching it with my family and several people from the neighborhood for 30 minutes or more.
I asked my sister about it a few years ago and she remembers it also.
So it's something that defiantly occurred. What it was I have no idea.
My theory is either a freak Aurora Borealis or, quite literally, the proverbial swamp gas.
Someday I may do a search through old News papers to see if it was mentioned any where.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Coast of BC. Canada. Yesterday around 10:30-11:00 PM i heard something loud outside that sounded moderately like windows shaking that are bolted with steel. Its a very weird sound.

I heard a loud bang about 5 minutes before i heard it, i thought it was my brother hitting the wall. Im still unsure about that one.

I muted my music because i thought the base from the song was making weird noises and wasn't sure if it was coming from my computer or outside.

When i muted i was listening to the sound from outside and my brother came in and asked me to turn my music off. I said its muted.

I stuck my head out the window and everything stopped.

Maybe the sky was groaning because of the effects of microwaves turning into EMFs caused by the solar storm. Eh who knows.

Like the picture of the sinkhole in the yard, Ever find out if it was actually a sink hole?

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Remain calm,,,lets not panic just yet,,it sounds like the earth is in the beginning stages of a magnetic pole flip,,, it should only cause local aurora/magnetic abnormalities & small volcanic eruptions with occasional earthquakes under magnitude 7 .. the only wildcard will be the arcing from the sun ,which should only be 3-4 times a day at most. Thankfully there will be a partial solar eclipse this morning which should afford ya some protection,, but once Jupiter/Moon conjunction takes place all bets are off..
edit on 3-11-2013 by Blowback because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by QuickWick

Lachine is part of Montreal, Canada.
That said it may have been the same storm system that hit Tenn earlier.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join