It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extremely Strange Magnetic Field uT Readings From 6am - 830am -- Tennessee (11-1-2013)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Hello. I am a amateur astronomer and enjoy astrophotography as a hobby. I currently live in Tullahoma, TN and have lived here for the last 5 years. This morning I woke up at 5:30am and planned on taking a look at Mars rising before sun up. I get outside a little before 6am and did what I usually do before setting up my telescope. I got my Galaxy Tab 2 out and opened my SkyMap app so I could find out where Mars was going to pop up on the horizon.

Now I've been using two different apps to view the sky for a couple of years now. I use the Google SkyMap & SkyEye. My Google SkyMap kept spinning around and wobbling no matter what I did. This has never happened before in the years I've been using it so I figured the app had a glitch and needed an update or something. Anyways, I decided to try out my other app "SkyEye" and again...it was spinning around and acting crazy. I thought hmmm...I wonder if the sensor in my tablet is screwed up?

I turned the tablet off and on and opened my SkyEye app again and it continued to spin and wobble. Then I noticed a message I hadn't noticed or seen before that stated "Extremely Strange Magnetic Field". I thought ...well that might explain something, but I still thought something was wrong with my tablet sensor. I decided to download a magnetic field detection app that would show a reading. I didn't expect to find anything but garbage really, but ended up downloading an app called "Max Mag Detector".

When I used this app in the same location I was getting a reading off the chart which went up to 240 uT. I figured out how to extend the chart to a range of 480 uT and saw that the reading was at 340 uT. I started following this high reading heading south from my position and the readings were getting higher. I raised the max reading to 960 uT, the highest it would go, and ended up with a all time high reading of 650 uT.

There were no metal objects around me or on me. I was standing in the center of my driveway and these readings were highest in about a 6 square foot area. Once I walked about 10 yards away the readings would go down quite significantly. But regardless where I stood out there I couldn't get the SkyMap to stop wobbling and spinning. So I went inside because it was time for me to take my daughter to school.

At about 8:15am my wife woke up. She told me she had a horrible night and that she felt like something was suffocating her throughout the night. She also told me she kept seeing things in the room, like lights and streaks. Well in our 5 years here this was the first "paranormal" type of activity I had heard of and it's not like her to make something like that up.

It got me thinking about those magnetic field readings though and I decided to show her the SkyMap and how it was spinning. Then I remembered she has a HTC One X smartphone with the same SkyMap apps. I used her phone and ended up with the exact same results. The SkyMap would spin round and round and act crazy. I knew it wasn't my tablet sensor then. I began searching online to try and better understand magnetic fields and see if I could find a simple explanation for this, but we noticed as we were playing around with our devices that the readings had stopped all of a sudden and returned to normal (between 34-38 uT). This was at 8:30am. I never really found an explanation for it and thought I would bring it to ATS and see what you thought.

Is this common? A solar storm maybe? I'm out every other night sky gazing with my telescope and SkyMaps and this is a first in 5 years. Are these levels of uT dangerous? Should I be concerned and is there a connection to the strange anomalies my wife experienced last night? Thanks for any info and I'm all ears.
edit on 1-11-2013 by FearYourMind because: Added some more details. Corrected typos.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Wow, totally STRANGE indeed

S&F for intrigue.

Waiting for @Phage response!

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by gardener

I wasn't sure how strange it was really. I was debating whether or not to bring it to ATS because my knowledge in this field is very limited. As I searched for explanations I kept coming up with nothing to explain it, so I broke down and came here. i can provide pictures of the area if needed, but I'm not sure how helpful that would be.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
i would be interested too hear from any pilots out there.
Could this "annomaly" in any way, cause planes too crash,, if it happened,, while landing???

gps stuff,,ground radar,,sensors which rely on,,magnetic lines of force,,etc,,

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
When there is a solar storm, which there was last night, there is an increase in ground currents which can effect a compass. I am thinking that maybe you have a metal sewer line or a copper water line under that area which is getting energized. Also the magnetic energy from underground water increases, causing more currents to form in the soils. This will spin a compass also but can also create a quickening of the earth in the process. Hopefully you do not get a sag in your driveway if this what is causing it, a sinkhole is the result of bigtime effects, but I doubt if you will get a sinkhole. I would guess ground currents created by auroras myself. I doubt if there is anything to worry about.

Your wife's problems on the other hand I would investigate, if she ate something yesterday which increased agglutination of the blood cells, it could be a problem that would give these symptoms. Have her watch what effects her. Onions can help to stem this agglutination problem.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Are these levels of uT dangerous?
reply to post by FearYourMind

640 uT is 0.000640 of a Tesla
1.5 T to 3 T – strength of medical magnetic resonance imaging systems in practice, experimentally up to 17 T.

micro Teslas don't represent a strong or dangerous magnetic field. The field of the earth is 35uT or less.

My guess would be steel re-bar in the concrete you were standing on was disrupting or you had ear-buds in your pocket. Some tablet covers have small neodymium magnets which are disruptive to simple magnetometers. As for the paranormal activity? Keep a log book and see if it happens again.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   

rickymouse
When there is a solar storm, which there was last night, there is an increase in ground currents which can effect a compass. I am thinking that maybe you have a metal sewer line or a copper water line under that area which is getting energized. Also the magnetic energy from underground water increases, causing more currents to form in the soils. This will spin a compass also but can also create a quickening of the earth in the process. Hopefully you do not get a sag in your driveway if this what is causing it, a sinkhole is the result of bigtime effects, but I doubt if you will get a sinkhole. I would guess ground currents created by auroras myself. I doubt if there is anything to worry about.

Your wife's problems on the other hand I would investigate, if she ate something yesterday which increased agglutination of the blood cells, it could be a problem that would give these symptoms. Have her watch what effects her. Onions can help to stem this agglutination problem.

Omg. I have to show you a picture of what has been forming in my front yard over the past couple of years. I have a 7ft wide area that has been sinking significantly and it wasn't there when we moved here. I have someone coming out here to look at it next week. Wow. When you said that I got chills. I'll have a picture up when I get a chance today.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   

FearYourMind

rickymouse

Omg. I have to show you a picture of what has been forming in my front yard over the past couple of years. I have a 7ft wide area that has been sinking significantly and it wasn't there when we moved here. I have someone coming out here to look at it next week. Wow. When you said that I got chills. I'll have a picture up when I get a chance today.

Many times in if a yard is sinking it is due to the original builder of the house burying leftover material and trash in the yard then covering up with dirt and grass.....was very common practice. Once the materials start to break down you begin seeing a depression in the ground. My guess is this is what is happening if it has been slowly occurring and not overnight.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by InverseLookingGlass

Thanks. I haven't had this problem till today. We had a somewhat severe whether event last night that brought heavy rains and high winds to the area. Besides that, I was in the same spot I am always in when viewing the sky with my telescope. I'm also puzzled as to what would cause the readings to drop back down to normal so quickly. I can't get those high readings anywhere out there right now.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
or u could employ a good Dowser,,

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Here's the sinkhole in my front yard.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Looks like where either a large tree was cut out and root/stump not removed so it is decaying and yard is sinking or what I had said before....buried trash from build of home.

A lot of times when trees are removed they do not remove the root and fill with dirt. Once the root and stump begin to decay they break down and the ground around it sinks.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   

FearYourMind

rickymouse

I have sink holes on my place too. No way it is the trash theory. It is very strange, I thought tree roots but the areas have no trees. They are three feet on average and sink front foot to two feet. I am thinking natural gas, but not sure how to determine for sure.

Would definitely like to know what is causing them.

The Bot

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

This land use to have old houses that were torn down some time ago. I thought maybe a well had been there. It doubles in size each year and hasn't slowed down. There wasn't the slightest hint of a sinkhole five years ago. There's a lake about a 1 1/2 miles north of me. I live on a hill and was told there were all kinds of springs and streams underground here. The name of the lake is Normandy Lake and it's right outside Tullahoma here.
edit on 1-11-2013 by FearYourMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   

FearYourMind

rickymouse

A leaking water main can cause the same problem. The energy of the running water along with the water itself can cause this. We have that problem around here, big chunks of roads cave in from this. The thing is, where does the sand actually go? The liquification causes the sand to vibrate and it flows to fill in gaps in other areas, actually compacting the soil in other areas I think. I suppose the chlorine in the water coupled to the energy can cause the sand to turn to rock also, which is more concentrated. Salt is necessary for this reaction, but sodium is present in soil so I think it is the chloride that causes this to happen.

Oh well, I suppose you have a little excitement in your life anyway. It beats having a boring time when everything clicks along at a slow and even pace like a turtle walking along the shore.

get two metal coat hangers and make yourself some divining rods. There should be info on that on the net. You can find if there is a water pipe in the area with these. They also pick up underground water. If they are just in one spot and not in a running line, it could be groundwater instead of a pipe. Crisscrossing the pipe causes the rods to come together. Almost everyone I know can use the metal rods but very few people can use the wood y branch system. If you also have the right kind of body chemistry, you can find gold if it is there. You may need specialized rods for that though.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Great information. Thanks. I called the guys who were coming out next week to check it out and they're coming today instead. It'll be interesting to hear what these local good ol boys think. So far they just want to fill it in with dirt. Not sure if that will help much, but again I don't know the least about all of this. I never would have guessed the two were connected

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   

You can get Miss Dig to come out and mark any water lines or sewer lines on your property. It is free here to get done, I do not know if you have to pay there. If your hole is right over the top of one of these, it is possible that it may be causing it. It may not be free in your state, I don't know how they work it in other areas. Call the city garage, they may know if there is anything down there.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Hi i was on my computer last night around tenish,it had been working fine all day and up to ten last night then all of a sudden the monitor went haywire and the computer crashed i rebooted and a few minutes in it crashed again,finally after three reboots it was acting normal again

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
hi. i'm a lurker and don't post much, but when i read this post i immediately wanted to jump in and share my own experience last night, as it could well be related. i live in western kentucky near kentucky lake. we too had severe storms come through last night. at about 10:30 pm the storm had mostly passed, though there was still some residual cloud cover and light rain. my husband and i went onto the carport to smoke and we both heard a very steady, low rumble that sounded more like a machine than thunder. i honestly believe i heard the "sky hum" last night.
as this was happening, we were looking out to the north as it's the only real visibility we have from the carport. i noticed that the sky (still overcast) looked strangely bright on the horizon. it had a faint red glow to it, and occasionally fluctuated in brightness/intensity. if i hadn't known any better, i would have thought that the wal-mart two miles to our north was completely up in flames. checked the news this morning and, nothing to explain the strange sounds/glow in the sky. my mom who lives about a mile to the east also heard the sound when i told her to go outside and listen, but she has too much tree cover on her northern horizon and couldn't see the strange lighting in the sky. this was a constant thing and no lightning, no thunder. just the glow and the constant low rumble. the glowing stopped at around 11 but the sounds continued. tried taking pictures but it was too dark to show up in the photos.
i also had a very hard time sleeping last night and when i did sleep, i had very strange dreams. i gave up on sleeping at about 4:30 this morning, and went back out to smoke a cigarette. the sky was finally clear but still, the low rumble! the next time i went out was about 7, and it seems that all the strangeness has finally stopped.
anyway, i've been on ATS specifically looking for anyone else who may have noticed something strange last night. i do believe it's more than coincidence that we both had our experiences, being so near each other on the larger scale. thanks for sharing and i hope more people can speak up who may have seen or heard anything.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

edit on 1-11-2013 by Nihookaa because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join