It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here we go again..........."Diversity Training"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienScience

It's the company's fault, so they punish the employees with a waste of everyone's time?

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   

So whats your problem? The company is at fault. Not the employees. YET- the employees are the ones being punished.

"Your hatred for Obama"... hmm... :::looking for where I said I hated anything::: nope.... like another response of yours- nothing but emotionally filled crap.
"Your a pee pee head". - that is how you sound. Really.

Yea Obama sucks ass. I will say this though- I hate what Obama is doing to this country- I hate the way he governs- I hate the way people stick up for him for everything instead of holding him accountable like they should- I hate the way he lies, constantly.

I dont hate the man though- just the way he governs. But go ahead and ignore the problems and just call me an ignorant racist hillbilly republican with no thought towards the emotionally instability of liberal idiots. I know that is pretty much the conclusion you reach everytime when you dont have a logical arguement.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   

ketsuko

So, the correct response to someone coming in an Obama mask is to automatically assume that everyone needs to sit in an auditorium and be told how they need to feel guilty for being born with the wrong ethnicity which is what diversity training always boils down to in the end?

How about just sending out statements about how politics is unacceptable?

The company is filling a gap in their training...obviously their employees don't understand basic work place ethics...and it is the companies responsibility to provide that training.

So yes, this is the correct response.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   

ketsuko

It's the company's fault, so they punish the employees with a waste of everyone's time?

Honestly, only idiots see training as a punishment.

Have you ever worked in corporate America??? Most of the times there is required diversity training annually as a requirement...along with ethics training, sexual harassment training, and other industry specific training.

The OP and you seem to have an issue with the company responding to this obvious breach of workplace ethics by providing their employees with training to give them the expectations of the company. And it seems like you have an issue with this because of the unhealthy obsession you have with hating Obama.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

So whats your problem? The company is at fault. Not the employees. YET- the employees are the ones being punished.

TRAINING IS NOT PUNISHMENT

It is very disturbing to see so many people that think training and learning is considered a punishment. This companies employees obviously have a lack of knowledge of diversity and thus need the training to better themselves.

It seems like you just want them to continue to be ignorant morons though that commit social faux pas

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Metaphysique

Betcha 100 bucks if Obama was a .....Republican.....this would have never made the news.

All it is is a group of left wingers, panzie-azz mama's boys that are pretending, yes folks, pretending, to be offended.

People to this day are still making fun of Bush, but you hear of no one complaining.

Plus, the flip side to this so-called controversy.
Notice TPTB are using this as a ploy to slowly take things that are considered fun away?

When did we become such a 'touchy feely' society that is offended at every little word or action?
Pitiful....

Moral of the story....
Don't become a politician if you don't won't to be made fun of.
Suck it up Dems, it''s JUST A JOKE!!!

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   

AlienScience

It is very disturbing to see so many people that think training and learning is considered a punishment. This companies employees obviously have a lack of knowledge of diversity and thus need the training to better themselves.

It seems like you just want them to continue to be ignorant morons though that commit social faux pas

So now this is about training not being a punishment?
If you cant stay on topic- stop replying.

No training needs to be addressed...the employees wore a costume for a halloween party that someone didnt like.
As far as we know- there was no guidelines or rules on costumes ahead of time for the party.
The people have no reason to be offended, period.

Obama does belong in a straight jacket. If someone dressed up as Obama without a straight jacket- you think anyone would care? nope.

Just another reason for people to go "wahhh"

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
TRAINING IS NOT PUNISHMENT!

right,,,

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   

AlienScience

ketsuko

Have you ever worked in corporate America??? Most of the times there is required diversity training annually as a requirement...along with ethics training, sexual harassment training, and other industry specific training.

The OP and you seem to have an issue with the company responding to this obvious breach of workplace ethics by providing their employees with training to give them the expectations of the company. And it seems like you have an issue with this because of the unhealthy obsession you have with hating Obama.

Yes, I have had diversity training, and it is a waste of time. All it does is point out how everyone is different rather than point out how everyone is the same. It highlights divisions and adds to divisiveness instead of trying to open lines of communication.

And I have mentioned how my current workplace avoids this issue by not letting us put ourselves in this position in the first place. If this was a professional outfit, they wouldn't have put their employees in that position, and I'll bet those employees have already had diversity training before. Most large scale operations have it regularly - my husband had it annually when he was a government employee and has had it three times in his 13 years in corporate America.

It has nothing to do with Obama and everything to do with the fact that if HR didn't want people dressing up in costumes, they shouldn't have let the employees have a Halloween Party. What did they think would happen? There are very few if any costumes that couldn't be construed as offensive to someone in some manner.

But of course, the answer when one department drops the ball is to blame everyone else in the company for their mistake. This too is endemic in corporate America or you'd know that if you'd worked there.
edit on 1-11-2013 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-11-2013 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Why are you and others so hell bent on trying to make this an issue...anyone who has worked in a professional setting knows that this costume was a dumb idea. The professional environment is not ATS...it is not high school...it is not your own personal platform to make political statements...even on Halloween.

Halloween is, as another post said, a time to dress up in the silly, the stupid, the scary and yeah, even things that touch on current events. I'd also personally agree with the statement that if a costume offends someone, it's there problem. Also, their "issue" to get over. It shouldn't be their right to push a whole company into diversity training because they have skin so thin it's almost transparent.

The only costumes I've ever felt rate an exception are things that would NEVER be acceptable. X-Rated in public, for instance. Making light of or playing with specific crimes where people died would also be a non-starter for me. Conversely, someone dressed as Freddy Krueger or Jason Voorhees wouldn't be.

Some people have FAR too much time and FAR to thin a skin ..and WAY too deep a sense of the world being all about THEM, so offense should be actionable against everyone around them? Bahhh....
edit on 1-11-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Common Good

AlienScience

So now this is about training not being a punishment?
If you cant stay on topic- stop replying.

No training needs to be addressed...the employees wore a costume for a halloween party that someone didnt like.
As far as we know- there was no guidelines or rules on costumes ahead of time for the party.
The people have no reason to be offended, period.

Obama does belong in a straight jacket. If someone dressed up as Obama without a straight jacket- you think anyone would care? nope.

Just another reason for people to go "wahhh"

There's nothing quite as ironic as people whining about other people whining is there? Thanks for demonstrating some of the real problems I have with conservatives today:

1. Telling somebody to stop replying? Really? So now you're in a position of dictating when and how somebody should express themselves in an open forum?
2. Appointed yourself an authority over what training a private company should implement. I thought conservatives were all about private companies doing whatever private companies want to do?
3. Then you presume to be the last word on what constitutes a reason for somebody to be offended. Well now I'm offended.

Seems like you've got a totalitarian mindset to me--let the right wingnut conservative come to power and you be the first in line to sign up for his Ministry of Truth.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

All it is is a group of left wingers, panzie-azz mama's boys that are pretending, yes folks, pretending, to be offended.

You hit the nail square on !!

I think they truly love the attention.

It's part of the psychological profile (on the normal side)

But part of the psychiatric profile (on the abnormal side)

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   

xuenchen

You hit the nail square on !!

I think they truly love the attention.

It's part of the psychological profile (on the normal side)

But part of the psychiatric profile (on the abnormal side)

Yep....

Try to throw people off guard by playing the race card causing people to feel guilty, when in all actuality, it's about the Left VS. Right, nothing more.

Besides, do you remember the movie Point Break?

Well, this is a picture from that movie

And not one squeak or moan from no one.
Nobody got offended....oh such BS!!

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   

AlienScience

BobAthome

"person attempting to make fun of Obama.",,he's not a God,sweety,,the person wasn't attempting,,he was definetly making fun of him,,,true,,,

to make fun of Obama.????,,,like i said,,didnt know u were not allowed too make fun of certain people,,unless he is Challenged in some way,,is he Challenged?? ,,u know,,special??

It's all fun and games when you agree with what is being made fun of...but when the shoe is on the other foot...I bet it's a different story. Do you think Christians would be okay with a co-worker dressing up as a cross-dressing Jesus Christ that is suggesting he is a pedophile? What if the employer awarded him for best costume? Do you think that is appropriate for the workplace? I don't...and I'm sure many Christians wouldn't either.

Are you suggesting Jesus and the POTUS be put on the same level? And really the Obama wasn't misrepresented with fabrication or gratuitous implications....just that he was in a strait jacket. He a politician and they have earned it.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000
I don't believe we have ever, in our history, had a President SO totally and absolutely insulated by official policies both private and public from satire and ridicule. Of course, the coverage isn't universal and plenty still get their say. Some right here, daily, as an example. Still, this pattern of what I can only call collective retribution upon anyone who dare openly ridicule or mock this man is chilling.

I recall first learning of the downright stupid extremes (to my American mind) other nations protected their leaders from anything bad said. Take Thailand for instance, where a direct insult about the King can and does lead to jail time. Absurd, I once thought.

Now we have a Ki...err...President for whom many forms of acceptable protest or satire in the past can lead to the end of careers, personal and professional persecution and more. I keep saying ..this just isn't the America I grew up in. So much has changed...and very little is the same as it was, even a decade and a half ago.

I want my country back.
Don't look now but just because we haven't had direct retribution yet doesn't mean we are getting away with it!! Does anyone really believe NSA stopped with just Google and Yahoo?

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 04:57 AM
link   

AlienScience

ketsuko

Its really not an obsession with hating Obama. Its more like the reaction some have when they say work with someone who gets away with anything, pampered ect because of some connection the they have with the boss. Like an irritating spoiled kid and his parents think he's just the wiz snizzel.

Diversity training. For years men were school on how to act toward women in the workplace and rightfully so. But I have worked with female supervisors that were as demeaning as any man, sexed their way into power, ect ect. And some minority supers that were racist. I have contempt for much of what is diversity training because it tends to focus of the hang ups and attitudes of one particular subset of persons in the work place.
edit on 2-11-2013 by Logarock because: n

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 05:11 AM
link   

AlienScience

Wrabbit2000
reply to post by theantediluvian

The article doesn't specify the type or nature of the "diversity training." There's not even an actual quote, this is just WP reporting on something originally reported on by a Fox affiliate (both Rupert Murdoch owned) without doing anything that could be remotely deemed "journalism."

Okay, so you are saying the Diversity training ordered as a result of this specific skit wouldn't have been related to race at all? I mean, that is what I'm taking from what you're saying. That it either wasn't, or isn't likely to have been any part of it.

I wonder.... If someone showed up in a Bush costume ..and lets get away from politically explosive passion here to say Daddy Bush. Lets say someone showed up to look like George HW Bush playing on the 'Read my lips..No New Taxes' line we all heard back then and just can't quite forget for how blatant that lie was.

You figure diversity training would still have been ordered for everyone ...because it was a political thing to have played on that? It should have been. If political was the basis. I kinda doubt it would have worked that way though.

Some people here need to learn some professionalism and check their overly righteous "freedom of speech" obsession at the door. You don't have freedom of speech at work...they can restrict whatever they like at work.

Honestly, some people's hate, including yours, of Obama is just downright disturbing.

Its looking like your real problem is that Obama was getting raged in public with a funny characterization. All this mature and adult workplace stuff is simply a platform for you to rag back.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 05:15 AM
link   
RE-EDUCATION CAMPS ARE FOR LEARNING.

Not punishment./sarc (rolling eyes emoticon)

That's my take on this.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 05:25 AM
link   

AlienScience

Even in Kentucky, I'm sure there are those that support Obama...and this costume wasn't a "I'm dressing up to look like Obama costume"...it was a "I'm trying my hardest to disrespect Obama costume".

A costume like this is only "funny" to those of you that share the opinion of the person attempting to make fun of Obama...and if that happens to be a majority of those at this office party and they all start hooting and hollering about how stupid Obama and his supporters are...that creates a hostile workplace for those that support Obama.

It is the same reason a workplace wouldn't allow someone to wear a costume of a pedophile priest, or a costume of dead terrorist, or a costume of a pimp, or a costume of a "redneck". Costumes like these are not for the workplace...Obama in a straight jacket is not a workplace costume. If you don't understand that, then maybe you need to attend a diversity class yourself.

You know, I hear a lot of people on ATS talk about their employment troubles...and it's threads like these that make it clear to me why that is.
It is very funny because I seem to remember a famous quote of a president(that I liked) being spread all over America by people wearing costumes. "I am not a crook" I sure don't recall anyone having a problem with that. Heck we were all too busy laughing our a##es off!!! By the way I left out the name of the president intentionally but everyone knows who I am talking about even those not born yet or who were small children at the time. That's how popular it was!!

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 05:50 AM
link   

AlienScience

BobAthome

"person attempting to make fun of Obama.",,he's not a God,sweety,,the person wasn't attempting,,he was definetly making fun of him,,,true,,,

to make fun of Obama.????,,,like i said,,didnt know u were not allowed too make fun of certain people,,unless he is Challenged in some way,,is he Challenged?? ,,u know,,special??

You clearly missed the point.

If you want to make fun of religion, politics, genders, or sexual orientation...you are free to do so...but doing that at the workplace creates a hostile work environment for some people. It is the employers responsibility to provide a non-hostile workplace.

It's all fun and games when you agree with what is being made fun of...but when the shoe is on the other foot...I bet it's a different story. Do you think Christians would be okay with a co-worker dressing up as a cross-dressing Jesus Christ that is suggesting he is a pedophile? What if the employer awarded him for best costume? Do you think that is appropriate for the workplace? I don't...and I'm sure many Christians wouldn't either.

If you want to be an ignorant person and waste your time trying to think up ways to make fun of and offend other people...knock yourself out...but you don't get to demand you can do it anywhere you like.

It is so clear to see that so many in this thread have never worked in a professional environment.
Well the point was definitely missed. But by whom? Let's see.....Obama has done many things to suggest he should be put in a straight jacket(in my humble opinion)....but when has Christ ever crossed dressed or committed any pedophile acts?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join