It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Simple and Very Effective Way to Meditate

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by brazenalderpadrescorpio

I am very alert and aware, but not on the matter at hand… hahaha.

Actually it sounds like you aren't. Your mind is still wandering. The idea is to see your minds thoughts but separated from them. I'll give you an example. Have you ever down or said something you are sorry for later? Thats not you. The real you wouldn't do that. So who did?

Theres two of you. The one that thinks of the angle of your leg is in the dream stream. The you that catches that drifting thought and pulls you back from it is the real you. Every time it happens remember to gently pull back.

You know when its working because you become uncomfortable. Not sore or tired or mad, just anxious that if you continue to sit this way you think you will go mad. Keep sitting there. It is working. At first one can only take so much of this, thats okay. But slowly increase the amount of time each day, upon waking and before sleep are the best times.

This practice slowly increases your ability to sit and face yourself. Be forewarned, you might not like what you see. its okay, you aren't going to die or go mad, but something in you will. Then it will flee. The not you.

edit on 1-11-2013 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

I've already tried to meditate that way for several years. It's not my thing. What works for me is meditating while lying down. I am completely alert when I do it. I'm actually more alert because I'm not focusing on my body and rather, on my mind.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by brazenalderpadrescorpio

I did say that once a beginner becomes practiced they can mediate anywhere.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Exactly.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

wow, awesome advice.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   

onequestion
reply to post by intrptr

wow, awesome advice.

I learned it from someone else. That you see value in it means you have the same spiritual leaning.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Do you guys need to get a room?
JK

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
It depends.

Laying down does make it easier to breath with the diaphragm and won't strain the back, but there is possibility to pass out.

Sitting up is a bit more difficult to do, and requires more concentration. You could have your back sit against something, but it kind of restricts your breathing in a way. Your back wont fully expand. If you decide to just sit with no support, it can be tough on your back, and you will probably be able to meditate for a short time due to the lack of support for back.

As for visualization, I think it just being creative, however that goes.

I think a key piece of advice, is "Mind over Matter". Meditation just takes practice , and persistence. Some get their kicks from oms, to hand gestures, to breathing heavy or light, to just being plain still.

Supposedly, if one becomes good enough at their meditations, they stay in a constant state of meditation, without even meaning to meditate.
edit on 5-11-2013 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Specimen
It depends.
Laying down does make it easier to breath with the diaphragm and won't strain the back, but there is possibility to pass out.

I've experienced this in my early experimentation with lying down while meditating. I experience this sometimes still, but not nearly as often. I never equated it with passing out, but now that you mention it, that's exactly what it was.

Specimen
Supposedly, if one becomes good enough at their meditations, they stay in a constant state of meditation, without even meaning to meditate.

Good point.

Thanks for adding life to this thread that was going down a weird path.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join