It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apparently, im gay for liking female artists...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Was talking to some idiot earlier about music, and he claims that if youre a male and listen to female artists, youre gay....but logically, if men are supposed to be attracted to women, isnt it 'gay' to not like female artists, as a male?

What do you think, ATS bros?

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   

8fl0z
Was talking to some idiot earlier about music, and he claims that if youre a male and listen to female artists, youre gay....but logically, if men are supposed to be attracted to women, isnt it 'gay' to not like female artists, as a male?

it gay to even consider these allegations.

and its more gay to not consider it.

catch 22 gay.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by 8fl0z

Things I've been called gay for:

-being good at video games
-having long hair
-having short hair
-having a mohawk
-enjoying industrial music
-enjoying alternative music
-enjoying heavy metal
-enjoying world music
-wearing certain clothes
-not wearing certain clothes
-having an opinion
-being anti-war
-supporting civil rights
-being a guy and wearing black nail polish
-walking down the street

I'm pretty sure the opinion of whoever said you were gay for liking female artists doesn't matter. They might even be a closet case.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I like enya, sarah m, a bunch of other female artist.
I think the only odd thing in music would be to not
like music at all. There are plenty of talented female
musicians out there, no idea why enjoying their music
makes you gay in any way unless they meant the
meaning as happy. Any music that brings you pleasure
is music that is good, to you, its a subjective thing.

I dislike the Mona Lisa, never did understand the hoopla
over that one, its not a great painting if you ask me.
I am sure there are many that would disagree with that
statement but it doesn't mean im right or their wrong.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by 8fl0z

Maybe if you told them you're a lesbian. I'm a guy, and it works for me....

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by 8fl0z

btw, play him some Otep. Lead singer is female AND gay (lesbian).

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by 8fl0z

who ever told you that wasant " some idiot " - that was "THE idiot "

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 03:35 AM
link   

DeadSeraph
reply to post by 8fl0z

Things I've been called gay for:

-
-being a guy and wearing black nail polish

Pretty sure you deserved that one.

Oh and as for the OP. Who cares. you must be a teenager. Life gets better,I promise

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Sticks and stones may break my bones
But names will never hurt me.
en.wikipedia.org...(nursery_rhyme)

If calling someone something made it true, we would all be in trouble. I understand you care what your friend thinks, however, sexuality is not determined by music choices, your friend suffers from ignorance, but you do not have to. Enjoy whatever music you wish and to hell with what anyone else thinks.
edit on 1-11-2013 by Iamschist because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 05:09 AM
link   

8fl0z

Raise your eyebrows, lean in and say "really? what the f.....??"

Then walk off and get on with your day while chuckling to yourself.

Problem solved

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   

8fl0z

I think that if you are even entertaining the idea that the idiot in question could be right then maybe you need to go back and pick through your brain for all of those lessons you learned when you were a child that told you that thinking like that is homophobic and assinine- even children know that is stupid.

There is no such thing as "man" music and "woman" music- there is just music. You either like it or you don't- and what you listen to has nothing to do with your sexuality. Do you refrain from wearing particular colors because someone tells you it's gay?

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Ok..so some dude called you gay... and?

Someone would say something like that to me and i would just walk away from them then go put on The Sundays or something with a female singer.

Who cares what someone says..if a style of music makes you happy then that is all that matters.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by 8fl0z

Only if you wear skinny jeans while listening to female musicians.
(or doing anything else for that matter).
Otherwise ... it's not 'gay'.

(whoever invented skinny jeans for guys should be banned from ever creating clothing again)

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by 8fl0z

I agree that the accusation is stupid, but i disagree with this statement...

if men are supposed to be attracted to women, isnt it 'gay' to not like female artists, as a male?

Shouldn't men play female sports then? in order to be in close proximity to them? which means male sports are "gay"?

I don't find 90% of female artists interesting, not worth listening about failed love stories and how much they like someone.

Just like how i am not interesting in listening to bling, bi**hs and money. Do i hate money now? :/

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   

8fl0z

WTF. This is the second thread we've had about female artists lately, and whether or not it's cool or gay for a guy to like them. How is it we're in the 21rst century, and there's even a question as to the females capabilities and talents? How is there even a question of their appeal to both men and women?
How is it there is still a question of the females value to our species, and to our society, as a whole? What are we, a world full of snotty-nosed brats, and girls have cooties? /rant.

I happen to like female musicians, just as much as I do male musicians. I'll inform my wife I'm gay, when she gets up later.

reply to post by skalla

You married a woman? That's so gay.

LOL! Star for that.
edit on 11/1/2013 by Klassified because: eta

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Klassified

8fl0z

WTF. This is the second thread we've had about female artists lately, and whether or not it's cool or gay for a guy to like them. How is it we're in the 21rst century, and there's even a question as to the females capabilities and talents? How is there even a question of their appeal to both men and women?
How is it there is still a question of the females value to our species, and to our society, as a whole? What are we, a world full of snotty-nosed brats, and girls have cooties? /rant.

I happen to like female musicians, just as much as I do male musicians. I'll inform my wife I'm gay, when she gets up later.
edit on 11/1/2013 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

You married a woman? That's so gay.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Reminds me of my brother with his butch military shave haircut, and anyone with long hair is (insert whatever politically correct word for homosexual there is). Well, as his sister, I pointed out to him, that dressing in extreme macho way to appeal to other macho men, the boys club, is what he is referring to, that women's best friends, someone who likes women, and spends time with them, would be more romantic and appeal to their women more, aside from the idea of being yourself which also is important. And there are quite a few of us who like to run our fingers through hair.

Now, my youngest son likes women alot. He fell in love in first grade, and has a strong interest in girls young. He also likes shows with his favorite actresses who he thinks are hot, and likes songs by girls as well.

So, to me the boys club of macho's don't like women and therefore should be kissing each other. I am really not attracted to macho men or any in the boys club. Men who are best friends with women, love children, and good partners are not as programmed in their likes and dislikes either.
edit on 1-11-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by 8fl0z

They might have been joking or messing with you...if not tell them they are gay.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   

8fl0z

Seriously...I think some people are being ridiculous!...(not you). I like male and female artists...so according to their way of thinking...then I am a bi-sexual...and so what if I was!

Really...some people like this...some people like that...it is just each individual's preference...what they personally like.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I've had people say the same thing about me. I've always liked female singers. I'm almost 40 and really like a lot of the newer female singers, Katy perry, rihanna, Adele... I joke about it and say I listen to teenage girl music.

But I really don't care what other people think, never have. I have an really beautiful wife, 6ft tall, long blonde hair, blue eyes. When we walk into a room I see every guy look at her. She is that beautiful.

One of the reasons I got so lucky is I don't care what others think and I like what I like even if it's not "what I'm supposed to like." Women are attracted to men that don't care what others think. So don't fall for that macho BS that you've got to like a certain thing or you are "gay."

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join