It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Halted NSA Spying On International Monetary Fund and World Bank Headquarters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Now wait a minute, did you even know they were spying on them in the first place? Obama halted this spying as a part of the review we have all been wondering about. Maybe he is finally starting to do his job, eh? Or was this a purposeful leak to make him look good? An Obama insider and whistleblower revealed this to MSNBC, and the WhiteHouse responded by saying that the US IS NOT SPYING on the International Monetary Fund and World Bank Headquarters. Ok now that answers for the present, but what about the past? Did you catch that wording?

And while he was at it, Obama also ordered the NSA to stop spying on the United nations in New York.

I don't know about you, but I think spying on the International Monetary Fund and World bank is kind of creepy. If this was information that they should have, wouldn't it just be given to them vs. stolen?

Loch K. Johnson, a former congressional oversight aide who is now a professor of international relations at the University of Georgia, said Obama made the right decision by curbing eavesdropping on international organizations and friendly foreign leaders such as German Chancellor Angela Merkel.

It is no secret that U.S. spy agencies historically have collected and analyzed information related to economic affairs - in public briefings to Congress, top intelligence officials have discussed assessments of economic issues.

The former U.S. intelligence official noted that insider detail on economic policy developments - for example, financial crises affecting the economies of European countries such as Greece, Italy and Spain, and the stability of the Euro - is the type of critical information U.S. policymakers welcome.

Obama halted NSA spying on IMF and World Bank headquarters

edit on 1-11-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

I don't know about you, but I think spying on the International Monetary Fund and World bank is kind of creepy. If this was information that they should have, wouldn't it just be given to them vs. stolen?

If true, I find the idea that Obama ordered the NSA to cease spying on the IMF and world bank much, much creepier. When the U.S is actively spying on the leaders of European nations but ordered not to keep their eyes on the IMF or the World Bank, you have to wonder where the real orders are coming from.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   

DeadSeraph
reply to post by elouina

If true, I find the idea that Obama ordered the NSA to cease spying on the IMF and world bank much, much creepier. When the U.S is actively spying on the leaders of European nations but ordered not to keep their eyes on the IMF or the World Bank, you have to wonder where the real orders are coming from.

Maybe it is best if we turn our heads a bit, eh? Winky winky
Point well taken.

Come to think about it, why am I worrying about anyone else, what about me? Hello Obama, stop the spying on the US citizens first! What are we secondary concerns here? Maybe even no concern at all?

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Double post.. Why say it once when you can say it twice? I really need a slower computer and internet connection. Big Bertha and Verizon are smokin hot! Well, except when the NSA are joy riding on my connection.

edit on 1-11-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   

DeadSeraph
reply to post by elouina

I totally agree with that sentiment! Why would Obama NOT want to monitor part of the largest criminal organization in the world? Unless of course they're his bosses...

Cheers - Dave

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

cant imagine why

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

I find this news amusing, now we have organizations that we created by the US as to uphold the dollar and US interests, this includes the UN, IMF and the WB (even the WTO and other institutions) only exist as US creations to maintain the economic/technological status quo. In fact they were created to validate a move from the old world power, that was the UK, an arrangement reached after WW2 (we should not forget that WW2 was a consequence of a specific group of interests and bad management from those that ceased to be included).

All this institutions even the EU have been mostly at the service of Anglo-American interests since their inception, like 2 + 2 = 4 it is easy to observe who has profited the most from them, hadn't it all been mismanagement and abused the US would still be sitting pretty for the picture. If anything the need to make it clear that no spying is taking place could be read as an indication of a shifting of chairs...

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Well why do you think they setup Dominique Strauss-Kahn President of the IMF in New York and got him fired? He was working with France for never ending wars. Same thing with Robert Zoellick from the World Bank.Robert Zoellick has been involved with a lot of crashes. Zoellick decided to play ball with Hillary after seeing what happened to Dominique Strauss-Kahn. Then you had the replacement for Dominique Strauss-Kahn Christine Lagarde who promised Starkozy she would carry on with what he wanted.

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

Christine Lagarde faces ridicule after leak of grovelling ‘Dear Nicolas’ letter
www.thetimes.co.uk...

She is among the most powerful women in the world, filling a post that demands respect from global leaders and can shape economic trends. But Christine Lagarde, the managing director of the International Monetary Fund, faced ridicule yesterday after the disclosure of a grovelling letter written to Nicolas Sarkozy when he was President of France.
“I am at your side to serve you . . . use me for as long as it suits you,” she wrote to her mentor in 2007.

This was going to be a continuation of Bush by Sarkozy. Michael Hayden met with France and passed command of NATO to them before Obama came in office in order to carry on the wars. The taking out of the Presidents of the IMF and World Bank then Sarkozy was the only way to stop never ending wars.

You have to remember that all money sent from one country to another is sent through the IMF and World Bank. USAID funds even have to go through these banks. They became corrupt with the War on Terror funds going to other countries. That money sent to win hearts and minds was used to build spy networks pay mercenary contractors and help make billions disappear off US military planes.

Here is a thread I made a while ago that should explain some of this. And it even has wikileaks links to Sarkozys three part plan for Africa. And Hayden meeting saying France could lead NATO but you have to keep it in the North Atlantic because he knew what Sarkozy had planned a invasion of all of Africa.

Welcome to the new Africa war front of the NWO!!! posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 01:56 PM
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 1-11-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   

elouina
I don't know about you, but I think spying on the International Monetary Fund and World bank is kind of creepy.

I think that's exactly what they should be doing, but it blows a whole in a lot of popular conspiracy theories, so I see why a conspiracy theorist wouldn't want to believe it. If you think the IMF, the World Bank, and the US Government are operating arms of the Illuminati, it doesn't make any sense. It only makes sense if you assume they are more-or-less autonomous organizations with distinct goals and exclusive resources. Then, when you consider the global reach and economic power of the IMF and the World Bank, it becomes pretty obvious why their headquarters would be intelligence targets, and it's no more creepy than spying on any other foreign or multinational entity.

The CIA and FBI probably have enough human sources that the SIGINT was redundant, anyway. Assuming this story is actually true.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   
You mean Obama's master told him he can't spy on them? This should be more damning than anything. Are they actually trying to positive spin this?

"Well, uh, yeah we spied on the Vatican but the world bank and IMF, we all know they are saints so we cut that soon as we found out"

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Lets see,,you mean the people that have the most potential to do the most damage to society by collapsing economies & triggering wars as a result ,, get to opt-out from the NSA spy program...I hope this was just another lie.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Blowback
Lets see,,you mean the people that have the most potential to do the most damage to society by collapsing economies & triggering wars as a result ,, get to opt-out from the NSA spy program...I hope this was just another lie.

They seem to be the only ones afforded the privileged of opting out. LOL. This very well could be a lie, their proof is a whistleblower and I wonder if they had document support like Snowden?

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

He never got to say you can't spy on all the passports of Presidential Candidates. Hell they rubbed it in his face putting Brennan in charge of the investigation when it was Brennans own company that did it. Unless that BS where they did not tell the President about the Petraus scandal and the firing of Donovan and others really did clean house and change things. Come to think of it firing Janet could have changed things for the better.

new topics

top topics

join