It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More NSA Whistleblowers following Snowden's footsteps

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
ABC news

Several more current and former National Security Agency insiders, inspired by American fugitive Edward Snowden, have come forward as whistleblowers with details of the shadowy agency’s operations, according to an attorney at a whistleblower protection organization.

I think the government hopes to chill speech by employees in the national security and intelligence fields, especially those at the NSA and CIA, but the unintended consequence is [that] more and more whistleblowers are coming through the doors of the Government Accountability Project (GAP),” said Jesselyn Radack, referring to the organization where she works as the National Security and Human Rights Director. “I think courage is contagious, and we see more and more people from the NSA coming through our door after Snowden made these revelations.”

I for one am glad to see this. However, I am a little concerned with the motives.

Did this inspire others to inquire and they don't like what they see? Do they just want the notoriety?

If we get a truck load of these guys, the gov. may as well pack it up.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
The only problem I could see with this is if the government sends in disinfo agents to make whatever agency or reporter runs with the information get burned and look like a fool. With access to all the official looking documents and letter head it wouldn't really be that hard to falsify some documents and pass them along as legit.

Wouldn't take long before reputable news agencies wouldn't run any whistle blower stories unless 100% verifiable. Verifying the information would be near impossible in most cases since it would be classified and would require clearance, or a credible inside source.
edit on 10/31/2013 by SpaDe_ because: thinking

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   
This is interesting indeed. I wonder what these new whistleblowers have to say. Is this being done as an anti Obama's-government move or is this merely anti government in general?

In the end,how bad will this hurt the US?

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
GAP is funded by CS Fund located on by the Bohemian Grove. Also by the Rockefeller Family Fund. So should we trust them? Take it with a grain of salt.

www.whistleblower.org...
edit on 31-10-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

Ohh! that would be dire indeed for the country and journalism. I suspect that the first few, at least, will be legit. No doubt the attorney is tapped. So, it could be the case for some latter whistleblowers.

Like the way you mind thinks.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by lostbook

I think you need only look at how bad it has already hurt the US.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I've been wondering for a while now how the NSA plans to staff that big new building (the one they can't run the computers and cool them at the same time); a number of people may well be applying in order to get access to their computers themselves, more still could be planning a Snowden, even more could be double/triple/whatever agents, etc and so forth.

Since it's obvious they can't properly vet their candidates, or run a decent electrical system, what are the odds that the data they're mining will be ever looked at? We know it won't be secure at all...

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Even Greenwald has sold out. He is teaming up with Ebay founder and old partner of Meg Whitman. Meg Whitman is the on who was behind the background checks of Snowden and even the Navy Yard shooter. Hell the Navy Yard shooter was working for her and staying at the Marriott while he was doing the Navy Yard shooting. I guess you know Meg Whitman and Mitt Romney were partners at Bain Capital and at that same time Mitt was on the Board of Marriott.

An now one of the new partners in the Ebay Greenwald news company was bought out with the Harvard award. That is some thing the US does through the USAID. They pick a good news reporter offer them a award from Harvard where they get to go to Harvard for a year for free but have to do what ever story Harvard tells them to do during that year. By the time they leave they know how the program works and how to be paid to shut up about some thing the US does not like to be talked about.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I have been aware of this for some time, but why are we still waiting for the goods? Or will they only be for the special intelligence committee's eyes? Yeah that will do a lot of good with Feinstein etc.. If they blow the whistle the conventional way, we may never be privy to this info.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
My goodness....

What is there left to reveal?

It would be easier to name the people we are not spying on.

Absolutely drunk with power and arrogance.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

They could revel that all these countries crying they have been spied on were mixed up in doing the spying. It was a game they all played a role in through NATO the UN or some trade organization. They all play there role in it through the UN and international standards that are forced on to all manufacturers. Stuff they do like setting up languages and letters on your computer to a international standard that must be followed so things like auto translate works automatically. Well that also makes the spy software work in any language that is built into the international standards. And they do this with everything. Back in the day doing it to everything seemed impossible today it has already been done and it has handed US and all other governments what they all ways wanted. TIA Total Information Awareness of what there populations are doing just so they can keep the sheeple in check. And the intelligence agencies around the world all know how to get into these systems in other countries. And they also get the benefit of seeing what those countries are worried about with there own populations. Which i s great if you want to play uprising with social media wars in other countries creating regime change.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by liveandlearn

Maybe this is Obama's promise to be transparent come to fruition!

hahahahaha

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

Too funny. Thanks for making my day.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Interesting article by historian Webster Tarpley:

There is ample reason to believe that the case of Edward Joseph Snowden fits into this pattern. We are likely dealing here with a limited hangout operation, in which carefully selected and falsified documents and other materials are deliberately revealed by an insider who pretends to be a fugitive rebelling against the excesses of some oppressive or dangerous government agency.

Limited Hangout

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Don't forget Soros' Open Society Institute which is busy telling Swedes how bad they are for not allowing African migrants to integrate and causing them to riot. It's never the immigrants fault with the OSI.

With backing like that I can't help but think it's there to control the real whistleblowers and make up a bunch of invented cases that highlight the causes they want to promote.

That's terrible news about Glenn Greenwald. He was one of the best journalists left. I think they used Snowden to take him in some kind of confidence game.
edit on 1-11-2013 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   

whyamIhere
My goodness....

What is there left to reveal?

It would be easier to name the people we are not spying on.

Absolutely drunk with power and arrogance.

9/11 maybe?

There is a thing called shock testing. It is used on small populations in order to predict how the main public will react to whatever they have in mind. See William Cooper's book A Pale White Horse for more insight.

Whatever is being revealed, and will be revealed, has been tested for reactions from the public. You may have noticed that the public is being relatively accepting about the information that it has been given...

I am beginning to think that this MAY be why Snowden's information has been coming out so gradually and systematically.

soulwaxer

I could be completely wrong on this, but to me it would make sense if true.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   

bigfootgurl
Interesting article by historian Webster Tarpley:

There is ample reason to believe that the case of Edward Joseph Snowden fits into this pattern. We are likely dealing here with a limited hangout operation, in which carefully selected and falsified documents and other materials are deliberately revealed by an insider who pretends to be a fugitive rebelling against the excesses of some oppressive or dangerous government agency.

Limited Hangout

Now that is interesting and fits into my line of thinking.

soulwaxer

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by liveandlearn

"Several more current and former National Security Agency insiders, inspired by American fugitive Edward Snowden, have come forward as whistleblowers with details of the shadowy agency’s operations..."

What details did they come forward with? That, to me, is the big punchline! Thanking you in advance, liveandlearn. *thumbs up icon of our yesteryear*

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Here is Snowden on a sight-seeing tour in Russia... (sorry, can't embed in this browser)

static1.businessinsider.com...

Can anyone here honestly say that they would go on a little boat trip, passing under bridges, what not, and let yourself be photographed in a recognizable place if they were Snowden right now?

I don't see Julian Assange going on any sight-seeing tours.

soulwaxer

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfootgurl

The article seems to have been written June 18, shortly after Snowden we learned of him. I do not believe he was a plant. These revelations have caused too much bad press of Intel agencies.

Now some of the others to come may be just that. We will have to wait and see.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join