It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does composing a post on this forum eat my CPU? [Resolved..see OP]

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by BrianFlanders

Why do websites and others track me?

The cool thing is it all disappears

All of it.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   

ChuckNasty
If those were operating systems and not web browsers - would you advise people to modify their operating system just for ATS?

I'm still not comprehending why you're claiming that it's only ATS. If it were only ATS, these articles wouldn't have been written if there wasn't a more acknowledged issue with the setting in Firefox:

Disable Firefox's Hardware Acceleration to Fix Slowness (and More)

Disabling Hardware Acceleration Might Speed Up Firefox

I, and others in this thread, have had this issue on other sites as well. Others have tested different browsers and not had the problem. Your choices are use another browser, or turn off that setting in Firefox and be happy. It doesn't get much simpler than that.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

OK, my bad. FF seems to blow now as it did the last decade. The fix is for FF, which is total garbage IMO, works.

It does seem that any other browser update can possibly cause a conflict with the ATS reply page due to the sea of Smiley's listed on the reply page...but only if a person is running a task manager CPU usage meter live...who really does that?

I use chrome and IE - they seem to have their code together when it comes how they handle java crud. That wall of green is really a potential issue IMO. FF needs to fix its stuff - but designers can do their part to add exclusion tags for certain browsers too..

The product being sold here is ATS - no one wants a separate water fountain for FF users... ...FF users must conform to use ATS - everyone else is OK.

Edit-FF is the garbage and not the fix.
edit on 4-11-2013 by ChuckNasty because: disclaimer

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ChuckNasty

works fine for me,, after i found the problem.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

Until your next update - then what?

My browser will be fine...I hope.

Good luck.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Eh, I'll never use IE as a daily driver due to the continuous security issues, nor will I use Chrome due to it being Google's spy browser. Firefox is super-fast and runs just fine on my system.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   

_BoneZ_

Eh, I'll never use IE as a daily driver due to the continuous security issues, nor will I use Chrome due to it being Google's spy browser. Firefox is super-fast and runs just fine on my system.

With all due respect I just dont see the big issue against IE if you download the security updates once per month. Its not that hard. I have grown so much accustomed to IE I would never consider using any third party browser.

The last time I used a third pary browser was netscape back when Windows 95 was popular. Seems like ages ago.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

With all due respect I just dont see the big issue against IE if you download the security updates once per month. Its not that hard.

The problem isn't really people not updating security software, it's how IE is written. It's got about 2 dozen back doors that allow access into your system that any basic virus can take advantage of.

It's very hard to secure IE for any reason, even at the corporate level.

~Tenth

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

Hey BoneZ, Thanks mate, star for your help. Don't worry, you will get a star, just have to find somewhere that I can give it to you! Rofl.

P

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

No problem. I'll be around.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

Hi.

Okay disabling hardware acceleration has just made it worse for me. Before Firefox was using 50% system resources when making a reply, but now it is using 67% system resources.

Is this website basically just broken for use with Firefox?

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Painterz
Okay disabling hardware acceleration has just made it worse for me. Before Firefox was using 50% system resources when making a reply, but now it is using 67% system resources.

That's backwards from the way I, others, and the articles I posted reported. Weird.

Try restarting Firefox in Safe Mode and see what happens there (Help / Restart with Add-ons Disabled). If Firefox works better in Safe Mode, then you have an add-on causing your problems.

It might also be best to create a new profile in Firefox to have a clean slate to troubleshoot your problem with. You can read about how to create new profiles here:

support.mozilla.org...

Painterz

This website works 100% perfectly fine in Firefox. And after disabling "hardware acceleration", it's super-fast as well.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Painterz
reply to post by _BoneZ_

Hi.

I am finding that it fixed the problem for a day but now it is back. I checked and the settings have stayed as I wanted. ie hardware acceleration IS disabled. So, any other ideas.

Thanks in advance

P

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   

look for dup. pkg. running with same, permissions.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   

I am sorry, I do not understand. I just updated my display driver, I will see if that helps, often does.

Seems OK on this post so far but I will wait a day or so before jumping for joy.

P

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   

No it is still happening, only on ATS so far and only when replying or posting. Annoying little problem!

P

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   

starfoxxx

BobAthome
here,,,

whomever is scripting the ADS here on ATS,,is eating CPU resourse's

please tell them to rescript there ADS To NOT default too video AND,,,sound.
its the processing of the sound script,, that is causing,,,,#.
especially these guys:

You just don't like to see starving africans admit it
---------------
I just quit using firefox when this was happening, it happened everywhere, not just ATS..
*The fix worked though when i tried it out on firefox, no problems now. Always can use an extra browser.*
edit on 2-11-2013 by starfoxxx because: (no reason given)

TOLD YOU!

get-new-java.com...

ad.yieldmanager.com3... AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABslhUAAAAAAAIAAwAAgD8A8tJNYhBYyT.y0k1iEFjJPwrXo3A9Ctc.CtejcD0K1z8zMzMzMzPjPzMzMzMzM-M.AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAbh8Wr PznNDtL2uQm4K4f3io608F6bRwKi9zJMAAAAAA==,,http%3A%2F%2Fwww.abovetopsecret.com%2Fforum%2Fthread982560%2Fpg1,B%3D10%26H%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.aboveto psecret.com%252Fforum%252Fthread982560%252Fpg1%26M%3D4%26Z%3D300x250%26_salt%3D1202640062%26r%3D1%26s%3D3195609,30b695d8-4ce7-11e3-b16b-a36228eff586,1 384404158967

HERE IS YOUR MALWARE-------BACKDOOR!!!!!!!!!!!------->>ad.yieldmanager.com...

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Probably on your end - scan Yer stuff.

Any malware ads are usually user based and not server. Happens on gaming sites all the time. A virus will sneak by and infect ad links.

Something to do with redirects... Not sure. The virus scripts are sneeky. Modern ad's are not full of malice scripts like they were 10 years ago. But they do sneak by.

Could be a FF add on that is causing it if you are using FF addons.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   
I haven't had any more Java pop ups, so it's all good.

I did have 12 windows updates waiting to install, so it seems likely that was the problem here.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Be gentle with me, I am not savvy with computers. This slowdown problem happens occasionally for me on Firefox. Not right now though. When it does happen while replying, I could be typing letters and nothing shows up for a few seconds. If I stop typing and move the mouse around that gets the letters to show up.

What is this CPU usage and how do I find out what's going on with that? How do I find out which Firefox is the latest one that I'm using?
edit on 23-11-2013 by Mikeultra because: d

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join