It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is a good way to start on a spiritual path?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

God has done nothing. No good. Nature has done it all. Not a lot of good, but symmetry. Equilibrium. Suffering and comfort.

Nature is founded on the law of invariant symmetry. Just like God, nature follows law. Just like the strong nuclear force, protons and neutrons follow the law of invariant symmetry. Electrons do not follow the law. You are dividing God from the very nature he reflects into our reality. God is the nature you describe.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   

If, and I say it again, there is a god, a consciousness that created all of this, then he is evil. A malevolent entity that watches his own creations, who he warns MUST love and worship him, suffer and perish. Worship this creature, or suffer in hell. If a man came up to you and said "love me or I will kill you." would you love him willingly? FOr fear that you will not have what you consider is yours? Or would you struggle against this oppression and fight? So many give up and throw themselves down at his feet. I simply do not understand this eagerness to embrace something that has done absolutely nothing for anyone. Nothing. The delusions of the mind are powerful, and so many people prefer to wallow in ignorance.

Again. God is invariable. You must be born again. Death is only a transition. There is a final judgment coming. This is true. That judgment will be according to what we love. You cannot love others if you do not love God. Your attitude to your fellow man will reflect the same attitude you take toward God. Although there are not many people who will read the linked thread below, you should. It holds your answer by showing how God mirrors our own inner attitudes. Love is the key to getting the reflection cleaned up.

Helping you remember...
edit on 2-11-2013 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   

A loving god? Walk away from ? You bet ya.. I run from this evil entity that you so willingly law down for. When all he has ever done is torment his believers by their own thoughts, and destroy their world by their own inaction. Yet in ignorance they embrace him even tighter, oh such a loving god who loves us all unconditionally... they embrace him as he ignores their please for forgiveness and mercy. Because the illusion of paradise when they're dead is all they have. Everything will work out groovy in the end, as long as they proselytise themselves in suffering in life. They would pray for their child to be healed as the child weakens and dies, and then it was gods plan so no need for tears.

As I explain in This LINK, everything in nature is Chiral and reciprocal. Chirality is when two things have an opposite, but neither can be superimposed on the other. You are describing Satan above, but you fail to realize that God is reflected in both. Again, read the link and discover the secret behind this. You are blaming God without realizing the purpose of this mirrored nature.

Read this for a clear understanding: Eyes Wide Open

God provides both sides of the pendulum for you to experience. You are able to stop the swing. It's up to you by choice. Again, you become what you love.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Get on your knees and consider yourself a lowly sinner... that is not the way to anything spiritual. It is a way to giving yourself no choice in the life you have. Gods plan... your god is an evil swine and it saddens me that so many people embrace unnecessary suffering because they are told to by humans who would control them.. the ultimate slave. the ultimate chains. the ones you wear willingly.

It's called humility. God is expecting nothing less than your own choice to mirror His nature. Why? Because Love is the answer and God provides free will. Free will necessitates the need for the wrong choice. Rather than giving free will without restriction, he provides an environment where our own free will is managed. You do not like being managed. Your attitude toward this does not, in any way, change the fact that God has ultimate control over this environment. Not only are you restricted and guided by law, you are under custody to it until you get the point. It is a good point. We must learn to love others. The Bible makes it all clear.

Galatians 3

Children of God

23 Before the coming of this faith,[j] we were held in custody under the law, locked up until the faith that was to come would be revealed. 24 So the law was our guardian until Christ came that we might be justified by faith. 25 Now that this faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian.

26 So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith, 27 for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.

---Locked up until faith comes. Stay locked up and suffer your own choices. You blame God. Instead, blame yourself. Take a look at people in this world. They want to blame anyone else for their problems, but the true one to blame is the self. We all do two things in this life. We think and move. The quality of those thoughts and movements make our world.

Read this thread: The way to a happier life...

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   

EnochWasRight
You cannot take credit for making your hair grow, your eyes, your mind function, the Earth turn or the sun shine. You think and move only.

If you cannot take credit for your mind function then you do not think - thought happens.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Broom

If you notice never once does the broom speak of such things with you. There is no reason to bud in to attack him if he so chooses to do so with others. It is the height of hubris.

Somehow I doubt Ella has never heard of "the Bible"....

and what is with referring to yourself as "the broom"? Just an affectation? Of course, Ella can decide for herself, but I, too, found your response to her rather, mmm.....vapid.

Edit: Oh, and it's "butt in", not 'bud in'.

edit on 11/2/13 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Matheson and Solomon probably summed it up best, in the most humourous of ways (although, I suspect the message, like all good messages, went over the heads of some - or maybe they didn't see the movie, read the book, play the video game)...

'Be excellent to each other!'

Thank you very much, I'll be here all week...

Å99

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join