It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trunk or Treat? Really?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

You're thinking way too much.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
What I liked most about traditional trick-or-treating as a kid was the journey aspect. There was lots of walking, and it took time. Then, at the end of the night... feast time!
Are parking lots big enough to make the experience seem worthwhile? I guess I'm used to holidays not being all about candy (or presents).

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
LOL!!! You are skipping the part where parents and friends are all around...versus a random creep on the street. Hopefully parents are putting this in context for their kids.

This was our first year doing it...I gotta say, it was fun, but we were utterly unprepared for how over-the-top people were with their decorations. Like...themes and costumes and goody bags and sound effects. LOL!

Unless the stranger has some bells and whistles to go with his trunk and candy - the kid will probably just laugh and point. LOL!

edit on 10/31/2013 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   

seeker1963

I don't see the problem. It is sponsored by a church, in the churches parking lot.

I'm going to just let you think about what you said there for a few minutes.

I'm actually not to alarmed by this but that's in spite of it being in a church parking lot.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
My area church did one of those last night - Truth is, kids don't care where the candy comes from - as long as the quantity of the candy is sufficient

And unless standing on the property counts as propaganda, the only thing that I see wrong with doing a Trunk for Treat is that the kids are not earning said candy in terms of exercise (In our subdivisions, my friends & I would cover probably 5-8 miles, all the while carrying an extra 5-20lbs in a few hours - Nothing felt better than to burn off the calories, only to regain then with candy & pizza). Those kids would only walk maybe 200ft or most, judging by the size of the parking lots here.

Most kids, which the exception of teens & older, still sort of cling to their parents when going out (I mean heck, I wasn't even allowed to go out on my own until maybe just before 6th grade, almost when I decided to call it quits). The kids that go out with friends or alone know plenty better than to go crawling into a car for candy.

In short - Getting candy from a trunk is no more dangerous than walking up to a stranger's house, putting on a pair of black contact lenses, knocking insistently, and saying in a mature voice when they answer "I need to use your phone, let me i...oops, wrong storyline. What I meant to say was: getting candy from the trunk of a car is no more dangerous or safe than walking up to someone's house, and asking for candy. Only difference is that a car can move away from any potential "tricks", while a house cannot.

-fossilera

edit on 1/11/2013 by fossilera because: spell check seems to be acting up tonight

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   

No. Who is this, Mrs freaking Bloomberg? It's about you sticking your nose into other peoples business and the way they want to celebrate whatever it is they are celebrating. If it's not you choosing for your kid, then It's none of your damn business.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   

yamammasamonkey

No. Who is this, Mrs freaking Bloomberg? It's about you sticking your nose into other peoples business and the way they want to celebrate whatever it is they are celebrating. If it's not you choosing for your kid, then It's none of your damn business.

I'm not advocating a thing. I'm expressing a dislike for trunk or treating. I haven't said boycott a thing so how am I sticking my nose anywhere?

I was pointing out this activity is just as dangerous as the kids going door to door. Maybe do a little less post skimming next time.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   
It's funny really, I point out the dangers of getting kids use to people and car trunks and all of the sudden my post is assumed to be an anti Halloween rant which is was anything but.

Okay maybe I am reaching but would it really surprise you that a Pedophile would use a tactic such as candy in the trunk to kidnap a child? That's all I was saying. It's a cause and effect. The cause is getting children use to receiving goodies out of car trunk while the effect is a child getting abducted that way.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join