It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Short Sweet Explanation on Obamacare

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Well we all know alot of the effects of Obamacare, higher premiums, fines, and so on.. But this video here states it in nice easy to understand ways most everyone can get..

I still see no good in this system...

At the end of the day what we will do what with this?

It is forced on us and most will comply.. Ironically alot soon will not be able to..
edit on 10/31/2013 by ThichHeaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Yeah I prefer working families to go
completely bankrupt when Mom gets cancer.
Freedom !

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
You didnt even watch the video..

Give a reasonably educated answer please..

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   

sealing
Yeah I prefer working families to go
completely bankrupt when Mom gets cancer.
Freedom !

At thousands a year to get a plan that has a 10-15 thousand dollar deductible? Well, now we don't have to get sick to go bankrupt. We'll be busted just trying to maintain insurance while healthy. Somehow, I don't feel we improved much here. In fact, I rather liked when I had to be sick before I lost everything.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ThichHeaded

Unfortunately when the guy said, "Let's eliminate the political pundits on the left and the right." Most partisan zombies quit watching the video at that point.

But hey, Karma is a bitch, and those whom perpetuate the fake left/right paradigm, have a whole world of hurt coming down on them and their families.............

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   

seeker1963
But hey, Karma is a bitch, and those whom perpetuate the fake left/right paradigm, have a whole world of hurt coming down on them and their families.............

Funny you say this, people asked me why don't you vote, if you don't like things vote and make your voice heard..

I watched the elections since 2000 I noticed a lot of things similar to them..

I started dubbing our voting process as this..

Presidential Idol with a WWE script.(TM)

As for Obamacare, its interesting people think that with this you don't get ins(I will soon not have ins because my wife's employer is killing family plans because of Obamacare) you will be fined between 100 bucks and 2500 bucks in the next 3 yrs.. They claim that well they wont come after you for it.. Just like all taxes if you owe they will come after you.. They will throw you in jail, and in some small cases kill you..

So I don't know what side of the looking glass these people are seeing but what I am seeing is a lot of bad with this.. Ironic to say, the health plans before this were better..(Not to say I used mine but..)

Just for the record I am one of those people who believe limited government.. You know do you own thing as long as you aren't bothering someone else..

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Ok, I have heard ALOT of things as far as Obamacare goes.........IMHO......I mean REALLY HUMBLE........This should be treated as treason on the American people. What exactly is poverty level???

Some jerk a few years ago, in congress or something like that, thought it was below 150,000......REALLY.......

I see no good coming from this......Can anyone say civil unrest??........

I got a better Idea......Instead of Bleeding us dry when it comes to our tax returns, Raise sales tax.......Not a lot at first. cap it at 10 or 11 %. But, do it a few % at a time, then, RAISE the yearly income for State Medicaid....Problem solved........

However, most people these days can not do the easy thing, they have to complicate it ten fold, Because it makes them feel they have accomplished something.....

But, what do I know??????

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   

The suggestion at the end was priceless. Stop cooperating with these really stupid and criminal laws. The Nixon tape was new to me.

Personally I don't trust Western medicine, and practice health and prevention, along with making sure I have a Homeopath located where ever I may be. My only insurance would be for trauma care (the only thing western medicine is good at) and that is my own savings. I put aside money each month for just that, And if I never have to use it, it will buy me new Lamborghini so I can go out in a speeding blaze of glory.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Witness2008

80% of the worlds prescription drugs are takin by a country with roughly 315 million people in it..

On a side note when my wife and I got married, she made me goto a doctor cause well I don't goto the doctor..
Anyway before we went I told her I am not sure why you want me to go.. All he is going to do is say i have some problem and I need to take this bla bla drug..

4 days later I go see the doctor I have high cholesterol and I need to take these meds... I looked at her and said told you..

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000
At thousands a year to get a plan that has a 10-15 thousand dollar deductible? Well, now we don't have to get sick to go bankrupt.

Who's we?
Speak for yourself, mister.

Those other guys probably sell insurance.

edit on 31-10-2013 by lernmore because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Well....did you take the meds? I'm 55 and look and feel like I'm 25. Haven't been to a doctor in over 25 years, and the last one I saw was for my fifth and final pregnancy, which were all born at home.

I'm not one to tell others what they should be doing, but I can vouch for the benefits of living naturally and healthy. I think this silly insurance mandate may give some folks cause to consider taking better care of themselves.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   

No i didnt take them, I consider them white collar dealers that are legally allowed to sell drugs...

Last time i seen a doctor was a long time ago.. before 18 i am 40 now..(except this one point my wife made me go.)

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Good for you.

I see the possibility of great dissent with the ACA. About darn time.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Well....did you take the meds? I'm 55 and look and feel like I'm 25. Haven't been to a doctor in over 25 years, and the last one I saw was for my fifth and final pregnancy, which were all born at home.

I'm not one to tell others what they should be doing, but I can vouch for the benefits of living naturally and healthy. I think this silly insurance mandate may give some folks cause to consider taking better care of themselves.

So do you agree with people being forced to buy a so called health care policy that the supreme court ruled is a tax?

Bottom line is that our health care problem is due to the cost of health care, and Obama did NOTHING to address that problem....
edit on 31-10-2013 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-10-2013 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

No I don't. I wouldn't advocate something for another person that I myself would not do. It would however be breaking the law as it is at the moment, so I trust folks to do what they think is best for them.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   

No I don't. I wouldn't advocate something for another person that I myself would not do. It would however be breaking the law as it is at the moment, so I trust folks to do what they think is best for them.

Perhaps I misunderstood your previous post that provoked me to reply in the manner that I did. My apologies.....

I saw that you advocated taking care of yourself. But I obviously misunderstood where you were coming from.....

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

I suspected as much. Not a problem, I myself have misunderstood the thoughts of others, in fact, quite frequent sometimes.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   
A short sweet view on Obamacare.

It should have been government sponsored health care paid for by tax dollars and
free for every citizen.

Instead it compels each citizen to "BUY" insurance from private insurers, or else
pay the tax.

top topics

join