It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FL Sheriff arrested/suspended for protecting 2nd A rights : Found NOT guilty & reinstated

page: 1

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   

The events began when Floyd Eugene Parrish, a Florida resident, was arrested and detained by one of Finch’s deputies for carrying a firearm without a permit on March 8th, 2013. In the state of Florida, this lands you a 3rd degree felony charge. Finch released Parrish because, in his assessment, Parrish was not a violent criminal and was acting innocuously. Finch called the clerk and told her not to draw up arrest documents until he was there to assess the situation. Note, Parrish had not been officially booked into jail- only detained.

Rick Scott, Florida governor, stepped in and had Finch arrested. Governor Scott then appointed a new sheriff.

FL Sheriff arrested/suspended for protecting 2nd A rights : Found NOT guilty & reinstated

In Liberty County, Florida of ALL places.....!

It is just amazing how bad the tyranny is, how corrupt people try to get away with so much. Lucky for 'The People" justice has prevailed and this Constitutional Sheriff won the battle.

Cliff notes:
1. Constitutional Sheriff protects citizens' right to 2nd amendment.
2. Colleagues did not like it, reported and detained Sheriff.
3. Governor (who did not do due diligence) stepped in, suspended and arrested Sheriff.
4. Constitutional Sheriff held strong and fought the case to the end.
5. Constitutional Sheriff wins and is reinstated.
6. Detaining Sheriff resigned to avoid an open investigation on him
7. 2nd amendment rights upheld.

edit on 31-10-2013 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

A great example of how jury nullification works!

I hope Governor Scott likes the taste of crow, because he certainly is showing his true colors on this one!

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

This is good news. It is nice to know the system is not completely broken and there are police officers that look out for our rights.

Florida's gun laws are quirky. If you don't have a permit you can legally carry it many situations(given you aren't a felon or mentally unstable), the difference from being arrested charged with a felony is often up to the officer and how the interview goes. Too much gray area and it is too easy for a law abiding citizen to be charged with a felony for having a firearm.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Shouldn't the Governor now be fired for renaiging on his oath of office, and what are effectively false arrest charges?

If you promise to defend the US constitution and then turn around and do the opposite, you deserve to be kicked out on your arse, and taken to court IMO...is this just going to slide until it's tried again?

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Well, I'd say it's a real real safe bet the Governor is universally despised among Law Enforcement after that stupid stunt. ARREST a Sheriff and have him REMOVED from office? The elected county Sheriff? Well, obviously he has the authority but what cost did that come at?

Perhaps the good Governor finds retirement in another state, too.. lol.. I would not want to be out of office and pulled over with what I'll bet every cop in the state heard about and will never forget at this point.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

He over stepped his boundaries here and making enemies of LEOs is not good for him, but it is great for Florida residents since it will likely result in him loosing the next election.

I do not know of anyone who supports Rick Scott in Florida. If we didn't have a majority of brain dead, big pharma addicted voters he never would have won. His campaign ad with his mom saying he is a good boy won it for him.

Governor Scott is booed off stage it almost every public appearance he makes. The only exception is when he is at a private event with his high roller friends. I can not imagine him being re-elected and I would love to see him loose in the primaries. I rather see him removed from office, however that happening is more of a dream than a reality.
edit on 31-10-2013 by jrod because: typO

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
No if he wasnt a cop and he stood up for someones rights what would have happened...jail and more charges most likely. But how is it different for any citizen to stand up for someone elses rights. Whats right is right but it wont matter because to them we are under their their authority even if it goes against the very laws we pay them to up hold...and not the rinky dink BS statutes but the supreme law...the The Constitution. I am tired of living in a world of double standards.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
If I had the space, I would've put COUNTY Sheriff.

I mean for this to happen to a regular Sheriff is somewhat understandable given the authoritarian type state that we have but a COUNTY Sheriff is just beyond belief in my view. County Sheriff's have a lot more power than most people think and another posted brought up the point that it is an ELECTED position.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jrod

I am living in orlando for school and I can say I've gone over the laws here with a fine tooth comb and with the help of the gun store fellows and a couple questions posed to on duty officers I've happened happened across I am sure about one thing. If you don't have a ccw here in Florida your firearm must travel in a container. Container is defined as a sealed storage device basically. It doesnt have to be locked and could be anything from a box or bag to a safe. Even when going to and from your car it must be in a container with a lid or zippers or such. However it can be locked and loaded and thats no problem. Wonder what this man did to get noticed to begin with? If it was open carry then he broke the law...there is no OC here.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   

RickyD
reply to post by jrod

I am living in orlando for school and I can say I've gone over the laws here with a fine tooth comb and with the help of the gun store fellows and a couple questions posed to on duty officers I've happened happened across I am sure about one thing. If you don't have a ccw here in Florida your firearm must travel in a container. Container is defined as a sealed storage device basically. It doesnt have to be locked and could be anything from a box or bag to a safe. Even when going to and from your car it must be in a container with a lid or zippers or such. However it can be locked and loaded and thats no problem. Wonder what this man did to get noticed to begin with? If it was open carry then he broke the law...there is no OC here.

Right, because walking around with a loaded gun in a zipbloc bag is FAR safer than it being in a holster.

lol, Good catch!

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   

That's great news! I want to grant the police the latitude to ignore the laws they don't like.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   

MysterX

Shouldn't the Governor now be fired for renaiging on his oath of office, and what are effectively false arrest charges?

If you promise to defend the US constitution and then turn around and do the opposite, you deserve to be kicked out on your arse, and taken to court IMO...is this just going to slide until it's tried again?

I am with you, a simple vote of no confidence and an immediate recall election. We have to hold them to the last few laws which were written for us, no more ground may be lost.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by InverseLookingGlass

That's great news! I want to grant the police the latitude to ignore the laws they don't like.

You must not have had the privilege to have grown up being taught about them??? You know. The real laws, granted by the Constitution?

This is an actual copper whom is willing to stand up and protect the likes of you and your rights under the Constitution whether he wants to or not! He honors his oath!!!

Must be pretty scary living in the world you do, where your hatred for police carries over to the ones whom actually want to protect and serve the people aye?
edit on 31-10-2013 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   

InverseLookingGlass

Its funny, I did expect posts like yours to be in this thread but it really is no problem.

Justice prevailed and the trolls get shut down before anybody says at word.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   

InverseLookingGlass

edit on 10/31/2013 by colddeadhands because: Not sure about my statement anymore. Want to check into it further.
I'm sorry but I failed to read where a law was violated. I did read that it was legal to carry a weapon in the state of FL, without a permit as long as it was in a container that closed. What makes you think it wasn't being carried properly?
edit on 10/31/2013 by colddeadhands because: replaced deleted text after reaffirming that my statements were correct. Also fixed errors

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 04:33 AM
link   

It might seem odd to any non-resident of US why carrying guns is such a pivotal issue - in particular for some NBC talk show anchors.

However, the issue is not about guns and right to carry them - but the whole of bill of rights, and to have less if any involvement from federal government to local and citizen affairs.

But, for some people, with very narrow but even more zealous opinions, carrying guns around is next to crime against humanity, and will abolish the lot. Needless to say, the zeal does not end there either, but involves cohesion of much of the private sphere of the citizen life. In other words, there is a prevailing approach to curb much of the spirit of the bill of rights, and replace that with encompassing embraze of the central federal government - hence of massive proportions.

What brings the matter a tremendously worriesome one, is the concurrent militarisation of the fedaral authorities, and consistent ignorance, in some cases with violent enforcement of tramp-down, of those rights which for centuries has in public eye been considered core of the American citizen's society and life.

Add to this, utilisation of the now out-of-proportion federal mass media control/manipulation, expanded rights of authorities, and nationwide narrowing of liberties, one cannot but see the direction where the seeming "gun control" issue is heading towards.

Even the most ignorant should at current circumstances recon, the direction is not for the benefit of the private citizen and her ability to exercise her free will. On the contrary, corporatism being a preferred protected sphere of the "New America", one can count private citizen being not much more than a exploited resource for the state and for the benefit of its interest groups.

For what one can deem, our current history is witnessing a massive demolition of the grandest democracies of all times, and its transition into something one cannot exactly determine the purpose and beneficiaries. However, one aspect being sure: private citizen's single right is to obey and respect orders, who ever is giving them.

edit on 1-11-2013 by deckdel because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-11-2013 by deckdel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Nick Finch on Alex Jones - October 31, 2013.
(Planned extended interview, in the very near future)

Breaking: Florida Jury Finds Pro-Gun Sheriff Not Guilty

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Good stuff! I wasn't aware of this case until now.

Just fyi, it is legal to open carry in Florida without a permit if you are hunting, fishing or camping. Not sure if that applies in this case.
edit on 1-11-2013 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   

RickyD
reply to post by jrod

There was a thread up already about this and I put in this reply.

Open carry applies to OUTSIDE of your vehicle. The vehicle is viewed as the home is viewed and there is no problem with open carry or one in your pocket. According to Sheriff Finch there was NO reason to pull this man from his car.

What most people do not know is this deputy had several complaints against him, and it was not until this deputy found out two months after this nullified arrest that he found out the Sheriff was investigating him that the little weasel ran to FDLE to file his compliant that set this ball rolling.

That link I posted has two short videos clearly explaining these details.

new topics

top topics

join