It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Happens When An Entire Population Is Just Sick Of Love/Sex.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
So I was looking around for something to do, and bumped into something that I have not heard much about before, and that is the drastic decline in population in Japan. So as I began searching to find out what this was about, could it be disease, unexplained deaths, hmm I wonder, and then BOOM! I find out its because they dont have sex!

The population across the Japanese archipelago dropped by around 284,000 to an estimated 127.5 million by October last year, the figures compiled by the government's Internal Affairs and Communications Ministry found.

The number of elderly people aged 65 or over surpassed 30 million for the first time, accounting for as much as 24 per cent of the population – in contrast to children aged 14 and under which decreased to a record low of 13 per cent.

As a result, the elderly officially outnumbered children, with a higher number of over-65s compared to children aged 14 and under in each of Japan's 47 prefectures for the first time.

The new figures confirm Japan's growing reputation as one of the fastest aging nations in the developed world.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Now this is what we in the west usually get from movie and television that this is a subservient culture, or at least was, things like Geisha's, and a lot of bowing and following men.

Yet it seems that this no longer rings true on more than one level.

With an extreme rise in "fake" relationships, technology, and hobbies that consume peoples time, there is no need, or wanting of a relationship with another, to most, its actually gross.

A common trend across the United States, Europe, and Asia is that birth rates are falling and the number of adults who never marry is rising…but in Japan, these trends are accelerating in unprecedented ways.

Among Japan’s under-40 crowd, millions aren’t dating, and increasing numbers have no interest in sex.

The Japanese government calls it the “celibacy syndrome,” and it’s fast becoming a crisis so serious that one official says the nation “might eventually perish into extinction” because of it.

“They Flinch If I Touch Them”

Clients of one Japanese sex and relationship counselor, who’ve taken singleness to extremes, have major struggles. One man in his early 30s, a virgin, can’t get sexually aroused unless he watches female robots on a game similar to Power Rangers.

“I use therapies, such as yoga and hypnosis, to relax him and help him to understand the way that real human bodies work,” the counselor says. “A few people can’t relate to the opposite sex physically or in any other way. They flinch if I touch them. Most are men, but I’m starting to see more women.”

Eri Tomita, 32, works in the human resources department of a French-owned bank, possesses two university degrees, and shuns romantic attachments in favor of work. “A boyfriend proposed to me three years ago. I turned him down when I realized I cared more about my job,” she tells the Guardian. “After that, I lost interest in dating. It became awkward when the question of the future came up.”

Mendokusai (“I Can’t Be Bothered”)

This is the term both men and women use most frequently when describing intimate relationships, the Guardian notes.

“It’s too troublesome,” says Satoru Kishino. “I don’t earn a huge salary to go on dates and I don’t want the responsibility of a woman hoping it might lead to marriage.”

“Remaining single was once the ultimate personal failure,” says Tomomi Yamaguchi, a Japanese-born assistant professor of anthropology at Montana State University in America. “But more people are finding they prefer it.” Being single by choice is becoming, she believes, “a new reality.”

Technology-Driven Relationships

Japanese-American author Roland Kelts, who writes about Japan’s youth, tells the Guardian that Japanese relationships will be largely technology driven in the future.

“Japan has developed incredibly sophisticated virtual worlds and online communication systems,” he says. “Its smart phone apps are the world’s most imaginative.” Kelts adds that the draw toward escaping into private, virtual worlds relates directly to Japan’s overcrowded physical space…but the rest of the world is not far behind.

www.theblaze.com...

So I ask, how does this happen, and is it a concern to watch as one of the "used to be" largest populated and frankly culturally strict places dwindling, and no one seems to be concerned?

Here is an easier way to put it....

Adult diapers to outsell baby diapers in Japan.

Adult diapers are set to outsell baby diapers in Japan by 2020 in just the latest example of the challenges facing a nation where more than 20 percent of the the population are 65 and older.

The Nikkei newspaper reports that paper companies – Daio and Nippon Paper – are expanding their “incontinence products” manufacturing facilities in preparation for an expected surge in demand.

Quartz.com says the adult diaper market is growing by up to 10 percent year-on-year and rakes in $1.4 billion per year – they can go for as much as two and half times the price of baby diapers.

Japan has one of the fastest-aging populations in the industrialized world and there are concerns about how elderly citizens relying on care will be be cared for in the years ahead.

In a startling statistic reported by the Telegraph newspaper, nearly a quarter of all shoplifting arrests in Tokyo last years involved pensioners over the age of 65.

More than 3,320 pensioners were detained by police, eclipsing for the first time the number of teenagers detained in the same year (3,195).

About 70 percent of the thefts involved food, signalling the growing poverty amongst pensioners living alone in Tokyo.

So while we spend millions on dating sites each year, to find a date, there are people spending millions to avoid it.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
well there is 1 thing about the japanese that i know, based on their cartoons.

is that there are 10 girls for every guy. they all want that guy.
but the guy dosnt want any of them because hes just to busy or something.
and all the girls forcibly move into his house to annoy him.

i assume this is the culture there.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

Just trying to make an educated guess here.....

But could it be they are smart enough to get their foundation planted as far as making a living BEFORE they make a family????

Being able to support creating a family should be first and foremost in the minds of those whom wish to procreate. Especially when they allow their primal urges to over ride their ability to actually support what they created!

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Bisman
well there is 1 thing about the japanese that i know, based on their cartoons.

is that there are 10 girls for every guy. they all want that guy.
but the guy dosnt want any of them because hes just to busy or something.
and all the girls forcibly move into his house to annoy him.

i assume this is the culture there.

That's so funny. I was just looking through the anime on Netflix last night and, you are right... plot after plot after plot can be summed up exactly as you put it.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
The Japanese have grown up. So should we.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

Actually the video that I saw that further explains this in more detail is one that I cannot add here it would be a huge T&C violation, but there are many, many testimonials of young people between the ages of 18-30 that DO NOT under any circumstance want a family, children, and even sex.

The anime, body pillows that look like women, and special bars are made for interaction only, but never for anything sexual.

Peace, NRE.

And for the other posts, the anime is like that because they actual believe that women are a hassle, and women think that men just want to tie them down. Those are honest depictions of what they think being with the opposite sex is.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Actually the video that I saw that further explains this in more detail is one that I cannot add here it would be a huge T&C violation, but there are many, many testimonials of young people between the ages of 18-30 that DO NOT under any circumstance want a family, children, and even sex.

WOW! I guess that throws my hypothesis right out the window then.......

I can see not wanting children, but to NOT want SEX, being a young un, has this old fart sitting here scratching his head......

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Restricted

Growing up is one thing, but they are actually voluntarily wiping out their population.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Yeah, did you catch this part?

Clients of one Japanese sex and relationship counselor, who’ve taken singleness to extremes, have major struggles. One man in his early 30s, a virgin, can’t get sexually aroused unless he watches female robots on a game similar to Power Rangers.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Growing up is one thing, but they are actually voluntarily wiping out their population.

Peace, NRE.

In this day and age though, when we can all see how even families have become separated in their own homes, do you really thing these young uns even consider continuing their family blood line???

I am not trying to be argumentative, but just trying to show some different views as to how I am seeing things as an OLD DUDE!

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Its all good thanks for the back and forth

Ok now on topic.

When you think about it, it had to have taken many, many years to get an entire population to just not want to start a family, but getting them to not even want to get physical is even more discerning.

They find each others company difficult, time consuming, and all in all not worth it. The video that I watched a girl that was someone who got paid just to cuddle, or even clean your ears, said that when she sees people in public being affectionate, she hopes they die!

Peace, NRE.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I watched a documentary about this issue the other night. There's even towns where theres nobody younger than 30 and prisons in certain towns have an average age of 60. . . The program intervied 2 men and they were explaing how they have relationships with virtual girls, these virtual girls think the men are 16 and 17 whe in real life they are over 40 years old. The love they had for these 'games' was surreal, one even had a wife who didn't know about hiss love addiction with the virtual girl, when asked who he would choose he genuinly chose the virtual girl.

I would of never expected this on such a large scale, the program was very interesting. Thanks for making a thread about it

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

Can you add that documentary here, or the name, the one I saw was more explicit, and I cant post it.

Much appreciated.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   

sounds like to many men are Otaku
and too many women too scared to have sex

Hentai no doubt being a major contributor to the problem

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Japanese calls these herbivore mens. They are more intrested grooming themselves than being intrested about opposite sex.
herbivore
Wikipedia
Is this something they have learnt to or is the japan turning into asexual zone. It would be intresting to know what causes this, is it caused by chemicals or could it be next step in evolution..

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
These are not men just interested in fancy colognes, and well shaven faces, this is something entirely different. A new evolution most likely but not one with a population at this point. Both sexes are actually repulsed by one another, and even if they do want a physical relationship, they do not want marriage or children.

"Sex Sells And The Japanese Are Buying": A Look At Japan's Love Industry

The issue: young people in Japan just don't want or have any interest, in commitment to the other sex, nor do they seem to have any interest in procreating in a narrow sense, or sex in a broad one (a topic further pursued in "Why have young people in Japan stopped having sex"). In short:

50% of Japanese women 18-34 are single
More than 60% of Japanese men 18-34 are single

Whether it is the women's fault, described as "so infatuated with their careers that work trumps a boyfriend or husband", or men "a generation obsessed with virtual reality and so intimidated by real women that they prefer cyber girlfriends over real relationships" is unknown, and irrelevant.

There is another angle. As this documentary from Vice investigates, "sex sells and the Japanese are buying." The reason: Japan has a "seemingly infinite menu of relationship replacement services." And who really needs the hassle of a steady significant other when on one hand the gamma radiation levels keep creeping higher and higher by the day meaning the threat of a random mutant appendage emerging is no longer negligible, and on the other Abenomics is making everyone feel wealthier, even as everyone actual purchasing power implodes, leaving everyone but the 0.1% broke and starving.

Has Japanese society crossed the Rubicon into full devolution (and after watching the video below you will understand why), where cheap single-serving sexual thrills and intimacy replacement have overtaken the household unit as the hub of society?

The reality is that unless something drastically changes between the demographic singularity the country is rapidly headed toward, the Fukushima disaster which hits new spilled radioactivity records on a daily basis, and the emotional detachment that the locals (don't) feel toward each other, in a few years none of this will matter.

Worst of all: Japan is merely the test tube baby, pardon the pun, for the rest of the insolvent "developed" world. What happens in Japan, is coming to a broke centrally-planned country near you.

www.zerohedge.com...

Peace, NRE.

edit on 31-10-2013 by NoRegretsEver because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   

While I could never imagine wanting to live a life without sex, love and children honestly I can see our younger generations heading in the same direction. When is the last time you had any interaction with anyone under 25-27 years old that wasn't constantly messing with their smart phone? Heck, my youngest IMs me from across the house instead of just walking to another room. Can addiction to electronic devices and social media affect hormone levels and sex drive maybe? Is it a case of "I cant still be the baby if I have a baby" syndrome I've been noticing more and more recently? I don't know, but whatever is causing this trend I can see it spreading. Sad really because they will miss the best parts of what life is all about.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Since there are almost ten times more people in Japan per square mile I would not see this as a bad thing. 836 people per square mile and US has 88.08 when I looked online. Over filed habitat and people who are smart enough to see that they will not have a good life having kids both economically and socially.

How I wish this was the same in third world countries where souls are born into misery. This is not a problem it is a solution to overpopulation.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I say good for them and the rest of the world needs to start that same process.

What's the point anyway?
1. You're just making another being that is doomed to a lifetime of toil, most likely to remain poor and struggling their entire lives so that wealthier people may prosper.
2. You're simply a number to the government and corporations that benefit from you.
3. Marriage is a pathetic sham and if you're "lucky" enough to find someone that digs you, then you better be ready to spend x amount of time maintaining that lest they leave you high and dry. I have better things to do: Games to play, shows to watch, food to eat.
4. All the grief that comes from trying to connect with another person is annoying and not worth it.

Growing up, I used to want nothing more than to find a pretty wife who would raise 4-6 children with me, and sex was not a part of that wish; just love and laughter. What a fool's dream in this society and age.

I say we need to let it go and let these governments that control us tumble and fall.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   

I want to be a free spirit and not be burdened by the world to judge my guilt or innocence.
why did I say that I don't know, sounded good.
I don't really know the answer to your question.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join