It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The Counselor" & "Captain Phillips"... reviews

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
The Counselor....Don't waste your time on this film. A big name cast with poor acting, pointless script resulting in foolish dialog that even Ridley Scott couldn't salvage. Confusing, choppy editing completely destroying what little story there was. Another case of the trailer being better than the movie.

Captain Phillips..........Don't miss this one. I'm not a big Tom Hanks fan but his performance in this film shows why he is such a big star. Never a dull moment in this movie that draws you in and make you think you are personally involved in this dramatic story. This movie is everything "The Counselor" wasn't; which is good filmmaking with a strong story/script, great editing, first class performances by all the actors and a view into the world where globalization, poverty, and corporations mix in a complex and traumatic way.

If you have seen these movies....your feedback is appreciated.

edit on 31-10-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

Watched it last night and i thought it was OK. After it finished I goggled it and found some information on it that some people (crew on ship) say the films was bull, and most of it wasn't true.

I did think hanks played the best with what he had. Bit and the end where he gets looked at and fixed up.

edit on 31-10-2013 by coolcatt because: (no reason given)

join