It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Murdoch Hiring Gen. Keith Alexander (Previous Head Of NSA) To Oversee NewsPapers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 02:38 AM
link   
This is not a joke, I repeat, this is not a joke. So what do you say folks, does this fit the bill for a ripe conspiracy? Obama hasn't been liking his recent bad press all too much I am certain. And now suddenly we hear this? Is this country a basket case or what?

Morally upstanding person? Did you all catch the video of Alexander lying through his teeth? Quite frankly, I wouldn't trust him anywhere near a man that owns so many news organizations.

In a statement from News Corporation, Murdoch said Army Gen. Keith Alexander is "an experienced leader with a unique and varied background in information gathering, research and technology -- valuable skills that will help our newspapers continue to provide our readers the information they need long before our competitors do."

"I look forward to Gen. Alexander's contributions to our company's daily pursuit of news and information for our readers," Murdoch said in a statement. "Gen. Alexander is the kind of upright, morally upstanding person who represents the values of News Corporation and our dedication to breaking news before anyone else knows about it."

Rupert Murdoch Hires NSA Head to Run Newspapers

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rupert Murdoch is Executive Chairman of News Corp, the largest news and information services provider in the English speaking world comprising leading newspapers in each of the US, Australia and the UK; integrated marketing services; digital real estate services; book publishing; digital education; as well as sports programming and pay-TV distribution in Australia.

Companies Murdoch owns

1. News Corp
  2. News Limited
  3. Daily Mirror
  4. The Times
  5. The Sunday Times
  6. Harper Collins
  7. 20th Century Fox
  8. FOX Broadcasting Company
  9. Consolidated Media Holdings
  10. Amplify (K-12 education)
  11. The Wall Street Journal
  12. The New York Post
  13. The London Financial Times

Rupert Murdoch - Newscorp

edit on 31-10-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 02:55 AM
link   
This sounds like a Minister of Propaganda. No doubt Alexander remains privy to untold demographic information, which may be used by Murdoch to steer public sentiment more than ever. Furthermore, Alexander's shadowy connections will be able to advise Murdoch as to which direction in which to spin issues.
This is yet another example of Government and corporate interests blurred to the point that democracy is rendered ineffectual.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Are you SURE it's not a joke? 'Cause that is one serious punchline on the tragi-comedy of humanity.

Seriously? No joke? No Sorcha Faal or some such?

Yep...we're screwed.
edit on 31-10-2013 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 03:06 AM
link   

ecapsretuo
This sounds like a Minister of Propaganda. No doubt Alexander remains privy to untold demographic information, which may be used by Murdoch to steer public sentiment more than ever. Furthermore, Alexander's shadowy connections will be able to advise Murdoch as to which direction in which to spin issues.
This is yet another example of Government and corporate interests blurred to the point that democracy is rendered ineffectual.

I am sorry did you say something? My jaw is still sagging on the floor and I am sitting here totally perplexed. Please pinch me, did I fall asleep in my computer chair? Yes I am really this shocked.

Anyways, there is no blurring here, they are one and the same. Democracy isn't ineffectual, it is dead.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 03:07 AM
link   

The GUT
Are you SURE it's not a joke? 'Cause that is one serious punchline on the tragi-comedy of humanity.

Seriously? No joke? No Sorcha Faal or some such?

Yep...we're screwed.

Yes maybe this really is a joke and they got me good?

Edited to add:
________________________________________________________________________________________

lets get this baby moved to the joke forum. Elouina got burned!

Seriously I would put nothing past our government these days. No wonder I believed this.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Hmmm...looks kind of "iffy." One of the sources quotes Alexander:

"This is an amazing opportunity for me," Alexander said in a statement. "While I do not have any background or experience in journalism and newspapers, it will be an interesting change of pace for me to gather news and release it to the public voluntarily, rather than having it get leaked by someone.

That's FUNNY even if it ain't true!!!

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 03:17 AM
link   

The GUT
Hmmm...looks kind of "iffy." One of the sources quotes Alexander:

"This is an amazing opportunity for me," Alexander said in a statement. "While I do not have any background or experience in journalism and newspapers, it will be an interesting change of pace for me to gather news and release it to the public voluntarily, rather than having it get leaked by someone.

That's FUNNY even if it ain't true!!!

Now I missed that since I was so busy being shocked to a pale white hue. That quote is hysterical! Love it!

Now lets see how many other folks we can catch with this joke. My top post will be convincing enough. LOL...

Oh gosh I can't stop laughing now... "Morally upstanding person"....

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Haha...no worries...you bring us a LOT of good stuff, elouina! Took me a minute to figure it out, too. Plus, we got a GOOD laugh, eh?

CX

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Added to this long list of reasons why i stopped by newspapers.

CX.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 03:48 AM
link   

The GUT
reply to post by elouina

Haha...no worries...you bring us a LOT of good stuff, elouina! Took me a minute to figure it out, too. Plus, we got a GOOD laugh, eh?

Wanna hear the alert I sent to the mods?

Can you move this to the joke forum, thank god!

There was a funny "article" there about Snowden joining Goldman Sachs. And that he will now be getting a full presidential pardon.

top topics

join