It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LaGrange Point and the Making of a Universe

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Kashai

To put it another way I am saying that the cancellation effect in relation to black holes interacting. Could do much more than simply holding something in place and in relation to a different kind of null zone.

Any thoughts?

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Kashai

And yet you seem to provide no support for this thought except as I understand it that 11 is bigger than 3 and black holes are involved, neither of which seem particularly relevant your thought. The math works out the same way at the LaGrange point.

The only difference would be once you leave the LaGrange point.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Arbitrageur
reply to post by Kashai

And yet you seem to provide no support for this thought except as I understand it that 11 is bigger than 3 and black holes are involved, neither of which seem particularly relevant your thought. The math works out the same way at the LaGrange point.

The only difference would be once you leave the LaGrange point.

Actually I did not start the thread to provide support but rather to converse.

Your understanding of my thoughts is incorrect, the number of galaxies is a variable I am leaving open. To be clear, in conservative science the Universe is created from nothing and to be honest nothing is going on in a Lagrange point.

Lets from the sake of argument discuss the interaction between two black holes.

You are suggesting there is no difference.

Though two gravitational felid canceling each other out in relation to planet. They do not have to be concerned about the idea of merging.

In this case that is not the case.

Any thought?

edit on 1-11-2013 by Kashai because: Added and modifed content

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   

VoidHawk

The effect it to generate an orbit where to some extent gravity is experienced.

I thought it meant that the gravity from both objects canceled each other out, and hence no gravity would be felt? Maybe I misunderstand?

No. You're correct.

By the way, the exoplanet hunting Kepler satellite was originally going to be placed at L2. The Advanced Composition Explorer satellite was placed at L1.

SETI has on occasion looked at the Lagrange points for alien probes which may have been parked there if they happend to be using microwaves for communications:

Observation Begin date: 1981

End date: 1982

Observers: Valdes, F; Freitas, R.A.; SETA,

Objects: EARTH-MOON THROUGH L5, SUN-EARTH L1, L2

Site: KPNO

Frequency: 5500 MHz

Resolution:

Flux: 10 = m v = 19 (magnitude)

Total hours: 70.0

Comments: Attempt to see discrete artifacts (= few m in size) in stable orbits near Lagrange points. Studies 137 III aF photographic plates.

Instrument Size 0.61 m

References:
Valdes, F. and Freitas, R.A. Jr., Icarus 53, p. 453 (1983).

observations.seti.org...

edit on 1-11-2013 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
There is a saying, "nature abhors a vacuum".

edit on 1-11-2013 by Kashai because: Added content

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Here's an animation illustrating Lagrange points:

"Animation showing the relationship between the five Lagrangian points (red) of a planet (blue) orbiting a star (yellow), and the gravitational potential in the plane containing the orbit (grey surface with purple contours of equal potential). The potential was computed in POV-Ray using"

To date, a few searches for gravitationally stable interstellar probes have indeed concentrated on Lagrangian Points in the Earth-Sun system. It is reasoned that a civilization detecting the Earth will know that it is in its star's habitable zone (just as we know this about a few of the exoplanets we have detected from Earth). If you want to search for probes in the Earth-Sun L4 and L5 points, all you need to do is point your antenna in the ecliptic (the plane of the Earth's orbit around the Sun), at points in space leading and lagging the Earth by 60 degrees. In other words, look in space where the Earth was two months ago, and where it will be two months hence. Who knows? You might get lucky!

edit on 1-11-2013 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Variables are very important when it comes to phenomenon.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Who's on first? What's on second?

Man, I'm a lot more confused now than when I first opened this thread. If reality has to be this confusing, then I want no part of it.

Hmmm... Let's see now, if a monster gravity wave just happens to go rolling through the vicinity at the very same time, how would that change the picture here? I know that makes no sense! But, who cares? The point is... er, uhhh, wait a minute, I lost my place again. What is the point here?

I'm going to go now. I have another state of reality to attend. The laws there are way less confusing...

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by netbound

I am saying 11 monster gravities interact and merge. All sorts of things could very well be happening. The idea that you are to religiously preoccupied to step outside that tiny little box your are in does not change that fact,

What the hell do you know about what happens when a Lagrange point shrinks an the force that allows, a Lagrange point to do what is does is compressed.

Sure you can claim that based on what is known nothing happens and the only thing that proves is you believe that.

Not based upon actual observation but on an abstracts/indirect observation????

How many times has the satellite data, with respect to those sent into the solar system. Provided phenomenon that scientist had no idea was going on???

Because they were so close minded they would never even think of suggesting same as possible.

Your attitude is not different of a religious zealot and it seems obvious, your preferred belief system is Scientism

www.youtube.com...

Any thoughts?

edit on 3-11-2013 by Kashai because: Added and moifed content

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Kashai

Wow, I had no idea my off the wall remarks would elicite such ire. Please, Kashai, try to lighten up a little. My intent was certainly not to belittle you or make light of your questions and the scenario you presented. I meant no harm and nothing personal. I guess I just did a poor job of expressing myself - wouldn't be the first time.

I admit that as I was reading the back and forth going on I couldn't help but get the impression that there was a communications problem, and it seemed things were going in circles and not progressing toward a solution. It was that impression that lead to my apparently offensive remarks. It had nothing to do with the substance of your inquiry, though. Frankly, I don't have an intelligent answer to your questions. I guess the 11 supermassive blackholes in such close proximity kind of blew my mind. It's certainly not a situation I can casually, or meaningfully, comprehend. I'm curious to follow the thread as it develops, though, and see if others are able to shed some light on your issues.

Lastly, and not that it really matters that much, but for future reference, and to clear up a couple emotional snap judgements that you made about me, having absolutely nothing to back it up,

- First, I'm anything but religous. I never have been and never will be. I think it's a crutch many people use because the finality of death scares the hell out of them so much they just can't accept the idea.
- I admit I do not have an advanced degree in physics. I do belong to a number of physics forums around the net, however, have read a considerable amount, and it fascinates me a great deal. I try to follow developments as time allows. I have great respect for the many towering geniuses that have brought our quest for the truth to this point. Be that as it may, I also believe that the level of our knowledge/understanding is quite primitive at best. And I also have serious doubts about humanity's ability to ever come even close to truly understanding the fundamental nature of our existence, or the mechanics behind it. Never the less, our curiosity and pursuit of knowledge is one of our few noble qualities as a species and must never be abandoned.
- Though I don't have an advanced degree in physics, I'm not a total, blithering idiot either. At least not all the time. I do, however, have a degree in mathematics from UCLA and have worked for many years as a software system engineer and developer. That may not meet your lofty standards, but at least it keeps me employed.

Good luck with your quest...

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   

netbound
Who's on first? What's on second?

Man, I'm a lot more confused now than when I first opened this thread. If reality has to be this confusing, then I want no part of it.

Hmmm... Let's see now, if a monster gravity wave just happens to go rolling through the vicinity at the very same time, how would that change the picture here? I know that makes no sense! But, who cares? The point is... er, uhhh, wait a minute, I lost my place again. What is the point here?

I'm going to go now. I have another state of reality to attend. The laws there are way less confusing...

Something that is less confusing is that you have some kind of Personality disorder, especially given your last response.

Any thoughts?

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Kashai

OK, that “personality disorder” crack was way out of line, and now you're starting to irritate me. You seem to have a chip on your shoulder, and I'm not going to entertain you by engaging you in this idiotic exchange. I’ll not waste my time.

Christ, where did you come up with this 11 supermassive blackholes seperated by 1 light year, anyway? If you want to have a serious discussion on a topic, then first do your elementry homework and at least come up with a reasonable scenario. Otherwise, don’t waste our time.

You seem to be full of yourself, having some misguided and groundless notion that you’re actually intelligent and informed on these matters. If you are, then all I can say is it sure doesn’t show.

PS: get a new calculator, OK? I've noticed your arithmetic skills are a bit lacking...

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by netbound

Definitely a personality disorder, note the fluctuation in commentary from one extreme to another. Clearly indicative of bipolar tendencies which relates to obsessive behavior. And your even projecting suggesting I have a chip on my shoulder while in fact you are ridiculing me for not praying to the almighty Calculator god.

And there is of course the expectation that I am supposed to accept your apology when in fact, it was a bunch of........[b]. Then to further support you grandiose delusions of superiority you check the last thread I wrote and suggest I get a new calculator.

You need a bib.

Feel free though to respond to me in the future.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join