It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can the world handle disclosure?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
My question is that do you think that the world is ready for disclosure of extraterrestrials?
many people say that it would shake people's belief systems. and that it would bring an end to our various religions.

I can assume that there are many people who couldnt accept alien life.
there are people who deny the possibility of off-world intelligence.

what about you? would alien life forms shatter your belief system?

what if an extraterrestrial came to earth and told us that all of our religions were wrong?
Some people would say its one of satan's deceptions.

There are conspiracy theories out there that aliens are demons, or they are fallen angels.
I personally dont subscribe to this theory.

Personally if it were true that there was an alien race capable of traversing the universe,
I would be more interested in THEIR belief systems instead of anything earthly.

Personally I believe in ufos and extraterrestrials; i dont have any proof of their existence but i have seen ufos with my own two eyes. I cant really say if the ufo's are off-worlders though.

what about you? are you religious? would alien life shatter your belief in jesus, or some other God of antiquity? Are you willing to throw aside your faith in whichever belief system you subscribe to?

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Personally if aliens came to earth and made their existence known i would be willing to toss out all religion in my life. If god exists and extraterrestrials are just another one of his creations i could accept that.
If god doesn't exist and aliens created humans i could accept that as well.

Is it really possible that we are the only sentient, fully councious civilization throught the universe?
i would have to say that there HAS to be life out there in the cosmos and thats its just a matter of time until its confirmed.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Belcastro

I've always thought the idea of disclosure somehow being "earth shattering" to be ridiculous. As a person of faith, I can honestly say that if the government came out tomorrow and said "Aliens have been visiting earth and have done so for thousands of years" it would not affect my faith in the least. If your faith is so weak that the idea of aliens is somehow a threat to you, then maybe you should re-examine your beliefs. I've never understood why some people think that Aliens somehow render the universe Godless. Is God so weak and limited that he is incapable of creating other living creatures in the vast cosmos he also created? Is he not responsible for the very fabric of reality and the vastness of the universe and everything in it? Why then can he not be the author of life elsewhere?

From a geopolitical standpoint, I feel disclosure is equally overblown. I don't think we'd have riots in the streets or people freaking out. There might be a bit of that here and there, but for the most part I think the human race is fully capable of accepting the idea of alien life in the cosmos without collectively losing our minds.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Here's how I see it. . .
How we evolved (if we are going with evolution here) is very unique. Our form of intelligence isn't necessarily the go-to form of survival because we would see a lot more of it from other species if that were the case.
Taking that into consideration and using that as a basis on life in the universe I would believe the possibilities would be slim and then taking into consideration, as well, the likeliness of a species becoming so advanced they become space travel capable -- that's even more slim -- very slim, in fact.

If we go the biblical route, if other intelligent beings were out there it would put into question the very idea of mankind being the dominant species. Mankind is supposed to be the ruler of the physical plane (Earth) and no other beings are supposed to be above him. As in the bible Mankind is to have control over all creatures.
So, in theory, if there were another race that was more technologically advanced than mankind and came here and took control it would shatter these very scriptures (ideas) . . .

Personally, I would be weary of any species more advances coming to our planet. It's just instinct. . .We are, however, thee apex predator of this planet -- it's only natural a majority would be slightly weary at first -- who would know what their true intentions would be?

I could go on with this, but I'll leave it at that.

In short, I feel a majority would be weary but would come to slow acceptance.
It just depends.

~Sovereign

edit on 30-10-2013 by SovereignEve because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
What if they came and we find out that there is more than one god and that our belief systems are right in our world. And they have their own god, and belief system. Or as stated that we are their creation. There are so many ways it could go down that we just have to wait and see.
I think more and more people are becoming more open to the idea that we are not alone in the universe and the world could accept the fact....given that if it happens that we are told the truth about how things are and not kept in the dark as we have been.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
"DISCLOSURE" will absolutely never ever happen. If it's a secret, and a Government has it, it aint happening.

On the other hand, if Aliens were to just suddenly show up en masse ala District 9, V, Independence Day, Battle of LA, Alien Nation, Earth Final Conflict, etc in such capacity it's in everyone's faces beyond any deniability, I'm fairly certain everyone would be fine with it depending the situation.

Most everyone is already comfortable with the 'idea' that aliens might exist.
Aliens actually showing up and being confirmed will just equate to "I told you so".

Sure, different cultures and types of people will react in various and sundry ways from having a 'meh' reaction, on up to worshipping them as gods.
All in all, however, reactions would be somewhere in between and level out. All the half-way nutters will look around and see no one running for the hills or freaking out and simmer down. The total nutters will spike some blips, but, there's always going to be a fringe when it even comes to normal everyday events.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SovereignEve

If we go the biblical route, if other intelligent beings were out there it would put into question the very idea of mankind being the dominant species. Mankind is supposed to be the ruler of the physical plane (Earth) and no other beings are supposed to be above him. As in the bible Mankind is to have control over all creatures.
So, in theory, if there were another race that was more technologically advanced than mankind and came here and took control it would shatter these very scriptures (ideas) . . .

Not really... Mankind has dominion over the earth and the living things on it. The bible says nothing about mankind having dominion over the "physical plane" and says that God has dominion over the stars and the heavens. As for beings being above man, What would you call God? As far as earth is concerned, there are no beings above man. We are at the top of the food chain here.

Even if we interpret genesis figuratively and assume our species evolved (which the evidence seems to indicate), that is not magical proof against the idea of a creator. It's possible that Evolution (guided or otherwise) is simply the way that God seeds life throughout the cosmos, be it here or otherwise.

I suppose some people view this as a faith ending scenario. I am not one of them.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Whilst I believe there is life on other planets, be it microscopic, animal or sentient, I do not think the Earth has been visited by some advanced civilisation.

I'm not discounting the possibility, but I really do think that TPTB are just as much in the dark on the subject as we are.

I'm not expecting any disclosure, and I reckon should we ever be visited we would be told about it, we are conditioned enough from TV and literature to be able to handle it, and our leaders most likely know that.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   

DeadSeraph

Not really... Mankind has dominion over the earth and the living things on it. The bible says nothing about mankind having dominion over the "physical plane" and says that God has dominion over the stars and the heavens. As for beings being above man, What would you call God? As far as earth is concerned, there are no beings above man. We are at the top of the food chain here.

Even if we interpret genesis figuratively and assume our species evolved (which the evidence seems to indicate), that is not magical proof against the idea of a creator. It's possible that Evolution (guided or otherwise) is simply the way that God seeds life throughout the cosmos, be it here or otherwise.

I suppose some people view this as a faith ending scenario. I am not one of them.

"God" wouldn't apply in this scenario - "God" is omnipotent and all powerful, thus involved in no food-chain.
According to the bible, the only beings made above mankind were the angels and that's only because mankind "fell". Anyway, I guess I shouldn't be spewing any of this unless I can find the scriptures that refer to this, however, this is biblically speaking -- These are NOT my views.

~Sovereign

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
We deserve disclosure of all conspiracies even if a majority of us can't handle them. The truth will never be easy on this one especially.

After seeing my countrymen go crazy after 9/11 with a thirst for blood I've never seen in my life, telling those same people ETs are here would likely be disastrous, but I really don't know.
edit on 30-10-2013 by Frith because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I believe for the most part the world can handle disclosure. I don't think it is as earth shattering news to the human race most people just accept it as a fact.even though we don't have the hard evidence to actually say yes they are real.It would be boring to know that we are it, all alone in the universe kind of a lonely feeling isn't it

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   
World is primed for Disclosure...

Go ahead, they are gonna riot anyway...

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
My question is not if they are there or if we can handle disclosure. I believe we can.

I'm more worried about what if the come to earth and show themselves and are part of a religious intergalactic missionary force.

Think space-faring religious inquisition.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
To ask that question intelligently, you need to preface it or follow with an indepth discussion of WHAT disclosure means to the full extent of an alien civilization--would you maybe want to allow hundreds?--of civilizations that come by Earth regularly, may have seed us here if not having build our planet? Oh, and can we get into the astounding mind-control mental capabilities that the greys seems to possess when they get down near us?

Alien technology be damned! That is the LEAST important aspect of what contact means. The term Disclosure is misleading and leads nowhere near what the Hell this business is all about. I get so tired of people that want to discuss the topic, and they don't even understand the basic problem.

I guess I just a grumpy, old abductee that has thought (too) long and hard about this situation.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

I think the idea is that it would crumble current power structures, as in, "Why do I have to do it if the aliens don't have to?" type thing.

If we learn about an alien civilization that isn't getting rammed up the bum by its government, definitely there could be some problems.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   

If disclosure ever comes it won't be from the military-industrial complex. Can you imagine the armies of the world being rendered impotent by the ET's tech savvy. No, losing that power is not on the cards. It's up to ETs when they decide to show themselves more in the public domain. Perhaps this military insecurity is just one of the reasons that cover-ups are so prevalent.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Only those who are unwilling to research--or are somehow prejudiced--subscribe to the theory that religious folk would freak out by the legitimate discovery of extraterrestrial life.

Surveys done by recent AMA guest Col. John B. Alexander and his highly-intelligent researcher wife, Victoria, pretty much dispel these superstitious beliefs.

Ufologist Ted Peters has taken that survey even farther.

The funny thing is, is that the surveys determined that the folk who would take it the hardest were the mainstream scientists!!

The Peters ETI Religious Crisis Survey

Alexander UFO Religious Crisis Survey: The Impact of UFOs and Their Occupants on Religion Conducted by Victoria Alexander, (NIDS / Bigelow Foundation)

edit on 30-10-2013 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Belcastro
what about you? would alien life forms shatter your belief system?

what if an extraterrestrial came to earth and told us that all of our religions were wrong?
earth humans can manage that on their own just fine; no aliens needed

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Hi Eve,

Our form of intelligence isn't necessarily the go-to form of survival because we would see a lot more of it from other species if that were the case. Taking that into consideration and using that as a basis on life in the universe I would believe the possibilities would be slim and then taking into consideration, as well, the likeliness of a species becoming so advanced they become space travel capable -- that's even more slim -- very slim, in fact.

I'm not sure if I'm following what you're trying to say there.
If we are indeed the apex species on planet Earth then why would we necessarily see "a lot more" of "our form of intelligence" here?
Perhaps it's because we are significantly different that we have managed to become the apex species? Vive La Difference!
Also, I'm not sure how we can "use that as a basis on life in the universe"? As far as I know, we have absolutely no concrete idea how life has evolved elsewhere in the universe?? Unless you know different?

If you look at the amazing variety of life forms that already exist on this tiny planet, and then consider the myriad of different possible conditions that could exist, on an almost infinite number of planets to enable life elsewhere in the universe, it is practically a mathematical certainty that not only life, but advanced intelligent life must be out there somewhere.
(Almost infinite number of planets = Almost infinite number of different conditions for sustaining life = Almost infinite possibility that multiple lifeforms exist)

Could they have visited Earth?
Perhaps not, by our limited understanding of Physics, Propulsion, Space/Time etc. But we cannot possibly know or even begin to understand what capabilities another advanced civilisation may have achieved, having developed independently from us. What I mean is - IF they exist, they are probably many many light years away from us, and therefore unlikely to be able to easily travel here (by our understanding and current knowledge) BUT perhaps they have discovered ways of "bending" our rules? Maybe they can manipulate space/time/dimensions?

That's why I believe that there is an almost infinite chance of advanced alien (extra-terrestrial) life being out there,
and that they could have visited us.

Sorry if that doesn't make sense!!! I've had to simplify it quite a bit to fit in one short post!

kindest regards,
Gordi

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 04:44 AM
link   
''Peasants'' can handle and accept such a disclosure pretty well with a few religious nutters calling out for alien - demons invading earth, revelation etc.
People in power won't
Our current economy won't.
that's why it's never going to happen, unless our system will change... which is also not going to happen anytime soon.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join