It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clapper: White House Must Approve NSA Spying On All leaders - Obama Is Busted!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   

beezzer
I would have more respect for this administration if they at least came out and just said, "Tough sh!t! We did it, I'm a bad-ass. Deal with it."

But no.

Obama didn't do anything.
Obama doesn't know anything.

The so-called leader of the free world and current boss of a police-state can't be seen as being responsible or accountable.

The buck stops here. Remember that?
edit on 30-10-2013 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

He may actually not. Or he may know without "knowing" if you catch my drift.

It's about plausible deniability.

Think about it. You are talking about a bunch of nations who, while they may be allies, are also looking out for their own best interests first. To that extent, I expect we all spy on one another, just in case. However, I suspect that while all of the world's leaders technically know about their high level intel operations, they do not know the details until those details become a need to know thing because something like this might happen, and if it does, then that leader needs to be able to honestly say, no, I did not know about the leader of nation A being spied on because he didn't, not in any great detail.

It's about being able to preserve that veneer of trust while still being able to verify.
edit on 30-10-2013 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Petition the whitehouse to prosecute the NSA Director!

He lied to congress under oath, and should be in prison!

petitions.whitehouse.gov...

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   

elouina

During a House Intelligence Committee hearing, National Intelligence Director James Clapper said that the National Security Agency and the CIA cannot tap into any leader’s private communications without permission from the White House.

Forgive if i laugh, but hahhhhhhhhhhhhahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaa

Do you think, does ANYBODY think the CIA are going to actually ASK permision to do what they want....

edit on PM2Tue20141972 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1   >>

join