It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can I get your opinion on a biz idea????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Do you think people would buy an e-book on how to watch free tv online? I know there's tons of videos, websites etc that explain various ways to do that, but many of them don't lead you to anything worth your time. I mean most people could figure this out within a short period of time if they did some searching. But the ebook would be more like geared toward those who aren't as computer savey. Like a few of my relatives started using the internet for the very first time just in the past year. So there's tons of people that aren't very computer savey. They don't know what they're doing. So I was considering the idea of selling an ebook on how to watch free tv online. And most of it doesn't involve downloading anything.

But in general do you think that's a good idea or a bad idea and why?

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   

spartacus699
Do you think people would buy an e-book on how to watch free tv online? I know there's tons of videos, websites etc that explain various ways to do that, but many of them don't lead you to anything worth your time. I mean most people could figure this out within a short period of time if they did some searching. But the ebook would be more like geared toward those who aren't as computer savey. Like a few of my relatives started using the internet for the very first time just in the past year. So there's tons of people that aren't very computer savey. They don't know what they're doing. So I was considering the idea of selling an ebook on how to watch free tv online. And most of it doesn't involve downloading anything.

But in general do you think that's a good idea or a bad idea and why?

It's a good idea. It's not going to make you a million dollars, and the people interested in it are interested in free stuff (so they will probably pirate your book anyway) BUT! Most writers recommend writes DIY manuals and plenty of people have increased their yearly income writing low cost ebooks which are nearly cost free to make (As well as distribution with certain distributors) so it's generally a good place to get your feet wet if you are trying to be quasi-entrepreneurial.

Mind you, legality becomes a concern if any of your advice is suggesting any means of getting free TV/Movies in a way that isn't legal, but beyond that, I say knock yourself out and enjoy being self employed for a few hours a day.

P.S. You can call yourself a writer or author, but not so much a businessman, unless you are planning distribution and marketing on your own. Which makes it a writing idea, rather than a business idea. But I maybe I'm arguing semantics here…
edit on 30-10-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-10-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

I would bet that yes they would buy it, however i would also bet
that the MPAA will also buy it and then proceed to drag you to court
even if they have no case against you at all just to make you realize
that they have far more money and time to waste than you do.

Those guys are creepy as can be and willing to throw away money
to make a point.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 04:32 AM
link   

spartacus699
Do you think people would buy an e-book on how to watch free tv online?

A quick search of the amazon kindle site shows a few books already on sale about that exact topic.

Watch Free TVs and Movies Online: 120 Channels to Watch TVs and Movies Online

Kindle Fire User Guide: Watch TV Shows, Movies, Music, Apps Games and Download FREE eBooks In This User Manual

Watch TV On Mobile Phones, Ipads, And Tablets - TV On Mobiles Apps Are Easily Available For Download

The World's Best Internet Piracy Download Guide: Learn How to Get Stuff for Free, Anonymous and in No Time at all (How to Download Movies, Music & SW for FREE)

Going by the ranking, none of them appear to be big sellers. Maybe ebook readers just arent that target audience. Not big TV watchers maybe.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Good idea but if the ebook is for people who aren't computer savvy..... How will they find the ebook????

Think about it!

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 05:39 AM
link   

An e-book especially for people who are not computer savvy ?

That is the most ludricous idea I've heard in quite a while.

Seriously .. that's like "A sportscar for people who can not drive" or "A beef steak for vegetarians".

You know what an e-book for people who are not "computer savvy" is called ? It is called a "book".

I'm not even commenting on the idea of watching TV on a PC for people who are not "computer savvy".

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by H1ght3chHippie

well they're on the computer, and the net, they can do computer searches, and youtube searches, that's the best they can do often times. that's how they'd find the ebook sales page. Im a good sales person, I could sell your eskimo mother a frost free freezer

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   
I just think that I've been sitting on my azz for so long. I got to get back up on the horse. And I was thinking about it today and for someone like me with all the skills i have to be sitting around is kinda dumb. So I got to try something

new topics

top topics

join