It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Anderson Cooper - Whitehouse Retribution - Strong Arming Insurance Companies To Silence Them

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   

boncho
reply to post by elouina

All along I have been aware of the Obama admin pressuring the insurance agencies to hide issues with the roll out. But it refreshing to see Anderson Cooper reporting on this, and in an alarming way. The White House is trampling the freedom of speech of the insurance companies to keep them from publicly criticizing the Obamacare roll out.

Dear god were you brainwashed as a child??? "The insurance companies right to free speech" !! It's a damn corporation, they shouldnt have free speech!!!!!!!!!

You do realize services were not allowed to even market themselves to the public in the past do you not!!!??

Meaning, lawyers, insurance brokers, etc, were not allowed to sway public opinion!

Facepalm x infinity

Ok, let's point something out - A labor union is basically a corporation of people who gets to advocate, lobby and back political candidates all day long in this country. In some cases, these unions are bigger than the employer entities whose employees they represent (UAW, NEA, SEIU), and I would think that in the case of the UAW which represents the employees of all three domestic auto companies this ought to be considered something of a monopoly and at least a conflict of interest. But I never hear anyone moan and complain about Big Labor the way they do about corporations.

Now, I am not exactly sympathetic to corporations ... However, human beings do not stop being human beings when they start working for one, and I would think that some of the same rules that apply to Big Labor ought to apply to the employees of a corporation who is about to be adversely affected.

In this case, Obamacare has been designed to destroy insurance companies. They bought in because they were promised a definite pool of customers, but long-term, they will be strangled to death. And now they know it. They should have listened to people who were trying to tell them this in the first place, and now that they aren't getting customers they begin to see.

But the employees, some of whom might be your neighbors, are the ones getting hurt by them going out of business. It heartens me to see how callous you are to their predicament. They have families too no matter how much you might hate their CEO.
edit on 31-10-2013 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Obamacare was always a Trojan Horse for single payer. It was designed to destroy the health insurance industry. It's happening faster than they wanted. It wouldn't surprise me if they are going to start rolling out the single payer agenda though to try to get it installed.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

thank jeebus hare Krishna we have insurance companies looking out for our best interests, huh

reject
reply to post by xuenchen

I can't believe we were on the verge of a fiscal cliff over healthcare.

The republicans were also mentioned as the juggernaut battering ram against Michael Moore powered by the bottomless pit-like deep pockets of megabusiness that is the health insurance industry.

The plot is straight out of phantom menace, imvho.

I can still remember when Michael Moore, along with what he stood for, was the darling of the press & public .

With enough PR people and lobbyists, you can sway public opinion like a wrecking ball.

Can the tides turn or what?

Hurricane sandy survivors were asked about how claims are coming along with insurance companies.

They said if you have hurricane insurance, you would be told its not covered because you don't have flood insurance.

If you have flood insurance, you would be told its not covered because you don't have hurricane insurance.
edit on 29-10-2013 by reject because: is this the kind of thinking that makes you brim with pride to be american?

edit on 29-10-2013 by reject because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   

ketsuko

boncho
reply to post by elouina

All along I have been aware of the Obama admin pressuring the insurance agencies to hide issues with the roll out. But it refreshing to see Anderson Cooper reporting on this, and in an alarming way. The White House is trampling the freedom of speech of the insurance companies to keep them from publicly criticizing the Obamacare roll out.

Dear god were you brainwashed as a child??? "The insurance companies right to free speech" !! It's a damn corporation, they shouldnt have free speech!!!!!!!!!

You do realize services were not allowed to even market themselves to the public in the past do you not!!!??

Meaning, lawyers, insurance brokers, etc, were not allowed to sway public opinion!

Facepalm x infinity

Ok, let's point something out - A labor union is basically a corporation of people who gets to advocate, lobby and back political candidates all day long in this country. In some cases, these unions are bigger than the employer entities whose employees they represent (UAW, NEA, SEIU), and I would think that in the case of the UAW which represents the employees of all three domestic auto companies this ought to be considered something of a monopoly and at least a conflict of interest. But I never hear anyone moan and complain about Big Labor the way they do about corporations.

I don't really disagree with you on unions and certain trade associations, but then again, they are corporations themselves, so… They might claim "Voice of the worker" but they should be limited (receive no special treatment) no different than any other corporation.

Personally, I think the money needs to be taken out of lobbying. Each company/corporation gets their own voice, sending a few people to capital hill a year with either a very small cap on funding or nothing at all but decision makers make it mandatory to hear out each party.

he primary goal of much of the money that flows through U.S. politics is this: Influence. Corporations and industry groups, labor unions, single-issue organizations – together, they spend billions of dollars each year to gain access to decision-makers in government, all in an attempt to influence their thinking.

Use these resources in OpenSecrets.org's Influence & Lobbying section, which are also found at the left, to learn more about Washington's influence industry and its most powerful players.

www.opensecrets.org...

If an officer for a union lobbies for law that directly benefit a group of workers (who in turn can increase membership rates and see an increase in benefits to themselves), and pay money to see these changes, it's no different than a bank paying to change laws to benefit their practice.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

IF, as it appears, Globalist Anderson . . . C . . . is

trashing globalist Destroyer in Chief the O for any ostensible reason . . .

it seems to me that both their puppet masters MUST HAVE ordered Anderson to do so.

THAT is far more interesting and of potential drama than the particulars of this incident, imho.

There's still that rumor several years ago that when O was done with his first inauguration . . . he opened the big manila envelope from his bosses and collapsed into a chair after reading it . . . muttering "They've made me a scapegoat."

That was interesting to me because I felt they had SELECTED him to be a scapegoat--I felt that well before his 'successful' farce of a SElection.

Time will tell.

Anderson has to be as sold out to globalism of any news stooge.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   
My instinct on everything to do with the ACA screams bad bad bad.

From day one I said that mandating people to have insurance coverage will only increase prices dramatically. Why? Well think about it here for a second. If you had a company, and in your country a law got passed that REQUIRED everyone to buy your product..... Since you now basically have a captive consumer, you can raise your prices exponentially!

Just like auto insurance is quite affordable in places that don't mandate you have it.

NOW WITH THAT SAID...... here is a flip side with a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel:

The way Obamacare is looking initially is that a LOT of doctors will be retiring, and perhaps some students may even decide to pursue other careers due to healthcare becoming much less lucrative.

The healthcare industry has had this country by the BALLS for a long time, and it's about time the greedy individuals in healthcare got weeded out.

I am a capitalist through and through, but there is no such thing as an AFFORDABLE, ETHICAL AND PROFITABLE insurance industry. You can basically pick TWO of the above, but not all three.

I have worked in the industry as a medic, and have worked with and met many people who DO NOT have patient care as a priority. I know many GREAT doctors, and then there are a lot of doctors who work 3-4 days a week for 6 hours and then go play golf, while their practice pulls in $250k and really it's the PA's who do all the actual work. This is FACT. And then they want to limit malpractice suits despite profiting on someone else's work? Want it done right.. do it yourself doc!

A good doctor in the UK under the NHS seems to make about £80k-100k /year which is quite a good salary, but doesn't attract the richboy lifestyle types. It attracts educated people who genuinely want to be doctors and help people, which is what is most important.

When I was a medic, I became sick and tired of working with people who were only there for the sweet deal, work 1day out of 3, full benefits, sweet retirement @ 20years and didn't want to deal with patients. It was disgusting.

Also a guy that used to hang with my group of friends ended up going to med school. When he was 17, his parents bought him a Porsche 911turbo special edition ($120k car). They promised him a Ferrari when he finished pre-med, and a Lamborghini for graduating med-school.

100% true story, & all I will say is this is in south Florida. I lost touch with the guy, but I personally would rather be treated by a doctor who is there for 50k/year than some prick who had no personal interest in medicine and is only there for the money!!

IF and ONLY IF the Obama admistration's ultimate goal is to break the insurance industry's stranglehold on American's healthcare, then I actually salute them!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join