It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO: Need Help Identifying. Video Taken 12 Miles Off Coast Of Florida

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   

The GUT
So far I find it interesting. Why is the vid so short though, SD?

It was taken on an iphone. I dont think he meant to document the whole of it. He said it only lasted about 3 minutes. He took a little of the video to show friends but got back to steering the boat to his destination. The sailboat had some electrical issues and I think he was more worried about getting his craft back without wrecking or whatever. He had just bought the boat and was bringing it home. It lasted only a little longer than when he stopped recording. I remember him saying that he was either following another boat or leading another boat. I have given him the addy here. Maybe he'll make an account and answer some questions. I tried to pick as much of his brain as I thought needed, though.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   
It does seem closer than the estimated one mile......unless it was huge. Were there other boats out? What about a search helicopter? By the way....did you catch any fish?

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   

hounddoghowlie
if he was south of destin, i'm gonna say flares.
eglin AFB is in ft. walton just about 5 to ten miles away. hulbert feild afb is right on the gulf 10 to 15 miles away.
tindale afb is in panama city.

i live one mile north of eglin. the past month i can hear them bombing, they do it all the the time.
also i think hulbert has a navy buds traning at hurlbert.

Yeah, I was thinking military. Looks legit so far to me. I certainly don't get the impression of hoax by our ATS brother. Just an interesting vid/share.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   

hounddoghowlie
if he was south of destin, i'm gonna say flares.
eglin AFB is in ft. walton just about 5 to ten miles away. hulbert feild afb is right on the gulf 10 to 15 miles away.
tindale afb is in panama city.

i live one mile north of eglin. the past month i can hear them bombing, they do it all the the time.
also i think hulbert has a navy buds traning at hurlbert.

Good point and I did think about this. If not flares, then maybe tracer fire. I did rule out tracer fire because of no booms involved and if It's flares, which it could explain why the tail end of the lights vanished, but I've never seen flares split in 4 directions, but still, this is a possibility.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

It very well could be flares.
It could also be another boat.
Neither means StallionDuck is deliberately hoaxing anything.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by StallionDuck

maybe some type of flares being deployed? like when the c-130 does that angel wing thing with flares off both wings? but the video you posted seems like they are too defined and not flickering like a flare does...hmm definitely weird and I agree with you I do not think that is any type of boat unless hes looking out toward a boat on an enormous wave lol that thing is in the air for sure.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Also, flares tend to descend in altitude while they burn out.
The lights in this video are consistent. You could draw a line through the middle of each one.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by NiZZiM

Again, without a point of reference there is no way to determine distance. What you have is a point of light against a black background.

Ever seen a cruise liner? Those things are TALL.

ETA: of course on a cruise liner you'd expect to see more lights, but the point is that there are lots of boats much taller than a sailboat. Most are in fact.

Without a scale of distance, that thing could be real close. Say within a quarter mile...and you're seeing a nav light on top.

Or it could be flares.
Or a plane.
Or a UFO.
Or lightning bugs.
Or a dude on a high dive with a flashlight.
Or god himself.
Etc

edit on 29-10-2013 by JayinAR because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Are you aware of a "conclusive" paranormal video? I'd like to see it.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   

JayinAR
reply to post by The GUT

It very well could be flares.
It could also be another boat.
Neither means StallionDuck is deliberately hoaxing anything.
Pretty sure it's in the air. Could be wrong, but I don't think so. Btw, I knew you weren't claiming hoax, I was referring to a rather ignorant reply by another poster.

edit on 29-10-2013 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   

catfishjoe
It does seem closer than the estimated one mile......unless it was huge. Were there other boats out? What about a search helicopter? By the way....did you catch any fish?

No fishing involved. It was just getting the boat from the guy he bought it from to home. There were some electrical issues but nothing relating to the sighting. It just needed some work. When I asked him why he didn't film more, he said he had to steer the boat. I'm guessing that he had to be pretty focused navigating either because of the electrical issue (he did have other gear he used to help) or if there was another problem involved. I'm no pro on sailing so I dont know anything more than that. He said it was about a mile off, and that it was very close. I did ask him if there were anyone else around that could have seen it, and he said it was "only us". I dont know if "us" meant someone on another boat, but I think they tend to travel in a small flock in case there are problems. I believe he was by himself on the sailboat though.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Pretty sure its not flares given the way they circle the tiny craft.

That wasnt the end of the video, it wass cut at that point...probably to get the quadcopter back before it ended up in the sea. When someone ends a video there is a noticeable shake, or movement to the camera normally along with whatever is being filmed being thrown out of view violently as the phone is turned to stop the recording.

I think whoever gave you this footage is having you on, there is no noise from the people on any of the boats despite seeing what you say is probably an alien spaceship...you discounted terrestrial craft in the OP. I can tell you as a normal person, had i seen anything i could not explain i would film it until it went..not take a few seconds and carry on my way...unless of course i knew it was just a hoax

Im not saying OP is posting a deliberate hoax, im saying maybe they are being misled themselves.

edit on 29-10-2013 by AmberLeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Aero1
reply to post by JayinAR

Are you aware of a "conclusive" paranormal video? I'd like to see it.

What does that have ANYTHING AT ALL to do with this video?

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   

JayinAR
Also, flares tend to descend in altitude while they burn out.
The lights in this video are consistent. You could draw a line through the middle of each one.

After watching the video on loop, I did notice one thing, and this is why I mentioned tracer fire before.

The lights do seem to break into 4 from one point, then again to the right of it. I think there are 2-3 instances of this before the one in the rear fades out to a small point then nothing. As soon as the one in the rear fades, a new one is created in the front of the line.

Now, what's really odd is, at first the lights move from left to right, but at one point, it looks as thought they're moving towards the observer. Kind of like if one would trace our a corner of a box or something with one direction being towards the observer.

Once again, the original file has so much more detail. YouTube does this video no justice at all. The original is crystal clear and worth a look. The only problem is, it's a 9meg file and I dont know where I can upload it to keep it's original format. That file will have date and time details as well as anything else Apple puts in their video files. I haven't looked yet, but it may even have the gps location of the file. I know photos are connected to this kind of information on smart phones and what not. Maybe the actual file can offer more details.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Air traffic control tower?

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by AmberLeaf

It would be the same as your uncle showing you something cool one day and you doing the same. All I have is my word and his. I know he would never do anything like that as he would have no interest at all in it. He even discussed the idea that if people see it, they would lable him on of those weird people who see aliens and it's nothing like that.

There is a shake at the end of the video. But, I'll say again, you have to see the original to see more detail. What you see on YouTube is probably half or less than the size of the original because it turned the video right side up which squashed it down to a size that you could see on your screen. I can't say enough, I wish you could see the original.

Let me see if I can find a site that I can upload this thing so I can offer it here. Maybe it'll help if you guys had the original footage.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Ok everybody, you read it here -- this guy from Arkansas is the world authority on any video containing lights, water, darkness, or boats.

Man, you should see if the Office of Naval Intelligence wants to hire you.

I wish people would refrain from posting when they have no ideas to contribute. The only response that makes any sense is Hounddog's.
edit on 29-10-2013 by OpenMindedRealist because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-10-2013 by OpenMindedRealist because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

It's out in the gulf. Land is 12 miles to the north. There is nothing SE but water as far as the eye can see.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by OpenMindedRealist

You know nothing of my history, bud.
And I am perfectly capable of running through scenarios just like the next guy.

I am trying to tick off possibilities.
Its called skepticism.
Without data, this is whatcha gotta do, genius.

I still haven't seen anything suggesting this cannot possibly be a boat.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by StallionDuck

One problem with a handheld camera on open water is digital format and "shake". I don't trust the still shots as much as what my eyes initially suggested (a rotating light).

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join