It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Article on families questioning government on 9/11

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 01:14 PM
link   
For three plus years, families of those murdered on September 11, 2001, and survivors of that horrible day have been raising legitimate, valid questions about what really happened. They have done so, along with more and more Americans, because there are unanswered questions that have been met with silence and stonewalling. Because upon closer scrutiny, there are more holes in the official version than a mountain range of Swiss cheese. Yet, other Americans, primarily those who describe themselves as Christian conservatives, call anyone who raises questions about 9-11 traitors, wackos, off the wall and so forth.

These are people who haven't looked into the matter any deeper than what they saw on the news that day. These are people who listen to popular "conservative" pundits on TV and radio who tell their listeners and viewers not to pay any attention to all these wackos. People who have family serving in the military who are deployed in the Middle East and are terrified that this whole "war on terrorism" just might have been built on a mountain of lies, an unbearable thing to contemplate.

FULL STORY: www.newswithviews.com...

What this woman says in this article, I couldn't have said it any better myself. I don't like the fact that it is unpatriotic to not question your leaders whether it is during war or peace time. One of my favorites quotes is this:

"Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does NOT mean to stand by the President or any other public official save exactly to the degree in which he himself stands by the country. It is patriotic to support him insofar as he efficiently serves the country. It is unpatriotic not to oppose him to the exact extent that by inefficiency or otherwise he fails in his duty to stand by the country."

That right there is speaking like a true patriot. I support our troops but I don't support the war. There is nothing wrong with that.

Bush is doing is an unconstitutional use of our military.

That is what I believe in.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 01:26 PM
link   
There are bound to be a million theories about 9/11. That's what happens when you have the technology that we do today in the communications field. Had Pearl Harbor happened in 2001 instead of 1941 I have to imagine that theories would be running rampant on the internet about how it was really FDR's soldiers in the planes and it was a charade to excuse us for blowing out Japan and Germany so we could get their . That's the nature of today's world. People post their theories on the internet and other people see something is on the internet and translate that to mean that it's fact.

YES there's lots of questions about 9/11. YES a family that lost someone has the right to want answers about what happened to their loved ones. However, I think sometimes this is taken way too far and the families of these victims are used as tools by people with political agendas and that is not fair to anyone involved.

Look at the 9/11 Commission for example. It was necessary to open the proceedings in NYC (attended by numerous family members of victims) with a video presentation that repeatedly showed the crashes and collapses? Come on. Nothing spells a good photo op like teary eyed family members.

A fact finding mission is supposed to find facts. Not repay people for their emotional distress. Their emotional distress is a distraction and is irrelevant. Yes, that sounds cold, I'm aware. While I didn't lose any family members there I lost a lot of friends and colleagues and almost got my head taken off there as well. I would appreciate answers too, but I would appreciate answers that are found by getting down to the bottom of what the hell happened. Not by turning it into an episode of "as the world turns".

Enough drama, enough whining, enough campaigning, and enough Hollywoodization of this tragedy. Some of want real answers, not an Oscar. Get the crying people off the screen, get the fact finding experts on the scene and hang whoever was responsible for failing the American people. We deserve no less.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 02:00 PM
link   
As we all know, the truth will set you free, or send you to jail in Bush's case. Anyways, the 9/11 commission was stopped many times by Bush&Co until finally it was allowed to happen, as long as Bush&Co weren't sworn to tell the truth. Gee, wonder why that was?

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
as long as Bush&Co weren't sworn to tell the truth. Gee, wonder why that was?

Because they don't know how?

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by James the Lesser
as long as Bush&Co weren't sworn to tell the truth. Gee, wonder why that was?

Because they don't know how?

Or because they think they don't have to. Here's what I think. When Bush didn't have to testify under oath, he went behind closed doors and instead of telling them what he knew, he told them what to write in the report.

new topics

top topics

join