It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Street Food Made From 'Gutter Oil' : The Most Disgusting Thing You Will See All Day

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

I was in the Guangdong province about ten years ago. My tour guide (handler) advised me not to eat the street food and to consume only beer or bottled water. After what he told me, I only ate at my hotel's restaurant.

This does not surprise me.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Looks like we need global control of the world's food supply. Time to enforce the Codex Alimentarius.

Or maybe, someone is manipulating public emotions and perceptions...

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by GreyGoo

I am not sure that cooking oil is a resource but if it is I am pretty sure that we only need to grow more corn to get some. This is not a scarce resource. It is people being cheapskate and not wanting to pay for cooking oil.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by 2manyholes

And how many of those offences did you report? None. Then you are just as guilty as those that actually did it. Are you kidding me? If I saw something like that I would first tell the customer not to eat the food. Then I would go to the management of the restaurant and get that person fired. The manager does it then I would report it to the owners.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   

GreyGoo
Is this what we degenerate into as our resources become more scarce ? disgusting, however I would be willing to bet that at least one person or company of western origin hasn't seen this and thought hmmmm....£££££ ? How would you like your fries sir ?

Asian run food shops are known for collecting road-kill off the roads, and taking them into their kitchens through the back doors

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Strangely enough, in Alaska, any moose killed in road accidents were allowed to be collected by the native tribes, with the elders getting first choice of the soft meaty parts of the nose. Though there's a big difference between scraping something that's been dead for several days and chewed up by other critters, and picking up something that's been freshly killed.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by crackerjack

Yes a round of applaud for atheism and greed, then lack of love for your fellow man.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Kratos40

So what did he tell you?

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   

dollukka
And US is the most important trade partner for them. Makes me wonder where Mc Donald's cooking oil and cheap incredients comes from.
I almost puked while watching this

And of course someone finds a way to somehow, someway dog the US over this. SMH...

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Restricted
reply to post by Char-Lee

I don't know where you get your information but it is incorrect. Road kill is tossed into the weeds to rot. Chinese corpses? Please. That is the most absurd thing I've read this week.

Do you really expect people to take anything you say seriously after that whopper?
edit on 10/30/2013 by Restricted because: (no reason given)

Maybe you should do some research before you deride people. (No you never have any reason on ATS to make personal remarks like that) Maybe where you live road kill is thrown in the bushes but not if a rendering company is close enough to pick it up.

I could give you many sources for rendering..

Rendering plants take in a wide variety of source materials that include parts such as brains, eyeballs, spinal cords, intestines, bones, feathers or hooves as well as restaurant grease, supermarket rejects such as spoiled steak, road kill and in some areas euthanized cats and dogs from veterinarians and animal shelters.

Such source materials are processed at the rendering plant into ingredients used in a number of products that many people do not associate with animals. Such products include soap, toothpaste, mouthwash, hair dyes, nail polish, photographic film, crayons, glue, solvents, shoe polish, toys, anti-freeze, ornaments, pharmaceutical products and cosmetics (including those not tested on animals).

www.rense.com...

I NEVER SAID CHINESE CORPSE!!! SO STOP PEOPLE! I said HAIR from corpses and other places.

Do you really think such a huge source as people who die is not used? From what i have read it is a common practice to sell the hair.

Just one of the uses:

The Chinese government doesn't agree, however. In its attempt to crack down on unlicensed food suppliers, it recently busted some illegally set up factories that were processing human hair into chemicals bound ultimately for soy sauce makers. It's a phenomena brought on by raw material squeeze, say industry insiders. The explosive demand for commodities in China is causing prices to rocket on a global scale. Human hair can produce much of the basic material for soy sauce at half the price, and - besides the yuck factor - appears to have been passed off as regular soy-bean-based soy sauce quite successfully.

Outside of China, hair-based ingredients are not black-market surrogates but a legitimate by-product of a food industry dependent on cheap and plentiful raw materials to create additives. Of course recently shorn hair may not be very palatable at the best of times but given to an chemist he can reduce it to one of the world's favourite food ingredients - L-Cysteine or E 920.

www.just-food.com...

Cysteine is used as a flavoring and a dough enhancer, but by the time it reaches our pizzas and snacks the hair has been thoroughly processed and reduced to its chemical constituents. Still, it is extraordinary to think that the body can be recycled and re-enter the food chain so abruptly. More extraordinary, perhaps, is the journey it makes from the the Far East to our food. Why the food - additives industry should favor hair from this particular region is clear: its homogenous abundance - China has a head count of one billion - and according to the food - ingredient expert Dr John Meyer, because "it's easy to collect nice, clean, tied - up bales of human hair there". The hair is collected, cleaned, processed and then chemically converted into L - cysteine in Far East factories.

www.veggieboards.com...
edit on 31-10-2013 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   

......WTF China.

So....maybe our pink slimed beef isn't so bad

Wonder how much of that stuff is in my pantry...

S&F

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Gullible is your password.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Char-Lee

Maybe you should do some research before you deride people. (No you never have any reason on ATS to make personal remarks like that) Maybe where you live road kill is thrown in the bushes but not if a rendering company is close enough to pick it up.

I can vouch for Char-Lee

Had a couple friends that worked in a rendering plant not far from me.
One of them only lasted a few weeks because one of the road kills brought in blew up all over him from being so bloated and full of gas.

They had a boiler that was used to squeeze every bit of grease out of the carcass and the animal remains were sent to Ralston Purina to make pet food.

And I'm sure there was many uses for other parts.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Restricted

Gullible is your password.

I guess you have a couple then:

Rude
Lazy...in as not capable of a little research.
I think i will add sad: because you feel the need to belittle and insult people.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Eek gads!!! Human hair? I stop eating if I find one in my food.. That's it, I'm done...

Doesn't that resemble cannibalism? Didn't they try this with cow feed? They took left over cow parts.. Dried them, processed them.. Then put it in the cows food supply..Result..Mad cow disease...

I recall reading somewhere.. Cannibals would develop a brain disease.. Something like a worm..

The gutter grease.. Yum... Bon a petite.. J/K..

I can see reusing fry grease for a couple of days but, scraping that crap out of the street drains.. Scoop up a couple of dead rats and a few 1/2 decomposed cats or dogs.. That "special" ingredient.. Just for flavoring mind you..

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Kratos40

Your hotels main supplier was probably Gutter Oil Inc.

Its sad to think that these people are ok with committing these acts, knowing that their putrid product could potentially be used to cook the food that they and their family may consume.

These scum should be kicked down into the sludge hole face first and become part of the gross cycle.

Cooking with Sewage.... I can see it now, the next reality show... FML

-VE

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Kaboose
reply to post by crackerjack

Yes a round of applaud for atheism and greed, then lack of love for your fellow man.

Ill just leave this here....

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Hr2burn

WAIT, WAIT, WAIT.....you're telling me that you believe HUMAN DEAD CORPSES are used for food?? In America?!? I wold need some supporting info for that kind of claim, and I will be very happy if you CANNOT find it.....thank you very much.

OFF Topic But how about this?Nice huh?

Woman suffers terrible headaches after she is fitted with human hair weave 'taken from a CORPSE that was filled with flesh-eating maggots that burrowed into her skin'

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
We will be discussing this awesome thread on ATS live! tonight.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   
This reminds me of a Dirty Jobs episode. It was called " Pig Slop Processor ". This man would take leftover food from restaurant dumpsters in Las Vegas and boil the food to get the oils from them. He would then sell the oil to companies who made dish detergent and cosmetics. That's right! There's nothing like boiled trash to get the dishes clean and to make a woman's face look beautiful!

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   
no wonder i'm fat.

99% of the oil i use is olive. from italy.

low smoking point, tho.

you get these stories, once in a while from china.

try the food in india.

or mexico.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join