It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Commands Of Government Officials Must Be Obeyed By All

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Good morning class today were going to do a grammar exercise involving possessive nouns - Please don't mind the Government propaganda in the process, this is just about possessive nouns and not designed to influence your little mind to serve your "loving" Government.

School Test Teaches Kids: “Commands Of Government Officials Must Be Obeyed By All”

Link

Papers produced by global education corporation; Part of ‘No Child Left Behind’ program

Steve Watson Infowars.com
Oct 29, 2013

A parent of a ten year old was shocked to discover a grammar and writing test paper that their child brought home from school reads more like document from an authoritarian country such as China.

The parent sent a portion of the test paper to Infowars, revealing that it contains sentences such as “The commands of government officials must be obeyed by all.”

The paper uses such sentences and asks school children to replace certain words in order to make the sentence contain a possessive noun.

Others within the paper include:

“The job of a president is not easy.”

“He makes sure the laws of the country are fair”

“The wants of an individual are less important than the needs of a nation” :

Upon further investigation it appears that the paper is part of a set produced by Pearson Education, a global corporation that provides education publishing and assessment services to schools in the US and the rest of the world. Pearson is the world’s largest for-profit education business.

The particular sentence about everyone obeying government commands appears in other Pearson papers, such as this fifth grade grammar test.

According to the company’s Wikipedia page and its website, Pearson owns leading educational media brands including Addison–Wesley, BBC Active, Bug Club, eCollege, Fronter, Longman, MyEnglishLab, Penguin Readers, Prentice Hall, Poptropica and Financial Times Press. Pearson is part of Pearson PLC, which also owns Penguin Books and the Financial Times.

In 2010, Pearson also negotiated a 5 year, $32 million, contract with the New York State Department of Education to design tests for students in grades 4-8.

Some have criticized the company’s test papers. Last year papers designed for NYSED were found to contain over 30 errors. Writing for the New York Times, Gail Collins noted:

“We have turned school testing into a huge corporate profit center, led by Pearson, for whom $32 million is actually pretty small potatoes. Pearson has a five-year testing contract with Texas that’s costing the state taxpayers nearly half-a-billion dollars.”

Collins outlines the fact that Pearson is being contracted under the controversial No Child Left Behind program set up by the government in 2001:

“This is the part of education reform nobody told you about. You heard about accountability, and choice, and innovation. But when No Child Left Behind was passed 11 years ago, do you recall anybody mentioning that it would provide monster profits for the private business sector?”

Collins continues:

“[Pearson's] lobbyists include the guy who served as the top White House liaison with Congress on drafting the No Child law. It has its own nonprofit foundation that sends state education commissioners on free trips overseas to contemplate school reform.”

Ah… all becomes clear. Government contracted education papers telling children that they must obey the commands of the government. Nice.

Along with enforcing government mandated rules such as banning packed lunches, this will be seen by many as yet another example of how the nanny state is encroaching via the public education system.

It’s a concept also being promoted by the mass media. Earlier this year, MSNBC ran a segment pushing the notion that kids belong to the “collective,” and that the “idea that kids belong to their parents or kids belong to their families” should be eliminated.

These revelations also remind one of Common Core, federally mandated education principles, which are effectively dumbing down students by standardizing education across the board and shutting out diversity in teaching.

And so it continues - as long as these examples of indoctrination in our school system continue to rear their ugly heads then I will continue to shine a spotlight on them
edit on 29-10-2013 by WWJFKD because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by WWJFKD

You might want to look into the UN's Common Core educational project.

Also you might want to read Robin's Invisible Serfs Collar

Robin is an attorney (so his writing is a bit tough going sometimes) who has been researching original documents on education for years. Where you and I might not understand them his law training let's him get past the legalize used to baffle the peons.

This is part of his latest

Posted on October 27, 2013

I really think life would be better for all of us if aspiring philosophers and current ed professors and everyone else planning on creating a new society and a different kind of human behavior used a word processing system that came with a Hubris warning.

Beeping to alert that kind of presumption and conceit has always brought grief in the past. Maybe a squeaky voice could pipe up with a “Would you like to reconsider?” The overt goals laid out in the last several posts sent me back to rereading Bela Banathy’s Systems Design of Education: A Journey to Create the Future as well as what Donella and friends wrote in 1992: Beyond the Limits: Confronting Global Collapse, Envisioning a Sustainable Future.

I wanted to see how closely these visions from the 90s aligned with what we saw being sought in those World System Models in the 70s and those recent Great Transition documents.

Sure enough there is Bela talking about the need to “attain global consciousness and forge a global system of the human community.” Insisting that education has a new role of “spearheading societal evolution by design” and making me wonder if he ever took a history course. See what I mean about a hubris key coming in handy?

I also discovered that soon after publishing that book Groping in the Dark in 1982, Donella and Dennis Meadows formed the Balaton Group named for the lovely lake in Hungary where meetings on Sustainability could be held that would allow members from the Soviet bloc to easily attend....

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
How else do you expect them to usher in a more (than we are already) docile society?

This has been going on since my daughter has been in school. It has gotten more (imagine that) terrible in the last 2 or 3 years. I can only be grateful that I live in an area that a lot of the "looney" thinking hasn't fully tainted yet. She has 2 more years left and I pray everyday that she is able to finish before it all goes completely to hell.

They are fully aware that they are indoctrinating the youth. They are also fully aware that most adults are already indoctrinated. It's all downhill from here unless there is a huge game changer around the corner.

All you can do is keep exposing it and hope that at least one or two people will start paying more attention.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I think people can do a lot more than that. They can ream the teachers, principles and their local minion, employee representative to the enth degree. And they can circulate pamplets in their towns to all parents in areas where this is discovered. They can publish it and they can make one hell of stink that doesnt' quiet down until it ends.

And not just this issue.

For every single lie being taught, and there are some interesting muslim and historical ones too I found, there should be educational sheets made up with the truth and the constitution for the kids handed out to each and every one of them.

Then there is the whole issue of what to do inbetween elections to ensure that no one votes for tyrants and to start reshaping the political world.

Long overdue.
edit on 31-10-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Better late than never. A week later and MSM gets the message.

"Common Core lessons blasted for sneaking politics into elementary classrooms"

www.foxnews.com...
into-elementary-classrooms/

It's exactly what critics of the Common Core school curriculum warned about: Partisan political statements masquerading as English lessons finding their way into elementary school classrooms.

I love ATS!

edit on 6-11-2013 by WWJFKD because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by WWJFKD

"The needs of the individual are not as important"

In other words, freedom is not as important...

Why am I not surprised by this? It's the same stuff they teach in the bible, churches, and new age religion.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I had the great experience of attending a few different types middle and HS. Inner-city, prep school w/tie and blazer, an lol year in catholic school, a hippie Bohemian school where teachers are called by their 1st name, and you didn't have to be there if you didn't have class...you could freely wander around Chestnut Hill Philadelphia, and finally a knucklehead public HS that specialized in dumb jock sports. But...the best setting for learning was a Quaker School, "Friends" schools. There was zero tension between students and staff. Learning was encouraged by curiosity, etc, etc.

My point is that none of these schools would ever teach Nazi crap like that, except for Knucklehead High. My "class" there was 1983, and even so, we never got into anything that mental. Times are a changing. No doubt public school will force-feed any agenda that comes along with M O N E Y.

They gotta feed the monkey, right?

There is no moral justification, as Americans, to teach anything except the original documents of the Declaration of Independence, Articles of Confederation, and Constitution...and maybe allow the people to make their own interpretations, then discussions that include other historical perspectives.
edit on 9-11-2013 by FlyingFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Welcome back!

Yes the lunacy continues. We just have to keep calling them out on it and raising hell in the schools that attempt to teach this crap to our children.

Patriotism is not blindly following the Government.

top topics

join